Mother, boyfriend admit to severely beating 4-year-old son

webfact

Mother, boyfriend admit to severely beating 4-year-old son

By THE NATION

800_ab83fdac5ab54a2.jpg?v=1597810084

A mother and her boyfriend admitted to police that they physically assaulted her 4-year-old son mainly because he “wet his bed”.

Police called the duo in for questioning after the boy’s unnamed father, aged 23, reported to Bang Khen police yesterday (August 18) that his son was severely beaten and was being treated at Bhumibol Hospital in Bangkok.

The man told police he had not met the boy’s mother for two years, but suddenly got a call from her on Sunday saying that the boy “slipped and fell” in the bathroom and “needed an urgent operation”. She also demanded that her ex-husband provide assistance of Bt100,000, he added.

When he asked her what hospital the boy was in, the woman refused to say, only explaining that his visit would “spread infection” to the boy, “according to the doctor”.

However, the man conducted a search and found the boy was at Bhumibol Hospital and in a severe state.

His ribs were broken, his collarbones were in a bad state and there were more than 20 fresh and old wounds on his face.

When the man questioned his ex-wife, the woman claimed it was her father who beat the boy. The man subsequently paid the woman's family a visit and talked to her mother about the horrid incident. The mother informed him that she did not know anything about the incident as her daughter took the four-year-old to live with her since late May. 

The man was then confident that the boy was attacked by his "resentful" mother.

Yesterday, the police questioned both mother and her new boyfriend, and they confessed to beating the boy.

The boyfriend reportedly said that he hit the boy with a rubber tube several times on August 10 after seeing him wet his bed. But he claimed he did not cause the injuries on the boy’s face or head.

The father of the boy’s mother said he had seen his grandson last month but he did not notice any injuries on the boy. The father also said his daughter was a resentful woman, and quarrelled frequently with both her new and old boyfriends.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30393191

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-08-19

• Sad 5

If you don’t want children have protected sex.  Poor child, I hope some loving couple takes him in and gives him the life he deserves.  As for the mother and her boyfriend lock them up for good.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

My sister worked for a time in the UK fostering children for the social services, the children had come from situations where one was being sexually abused, She says it was common (over-represented) that the  mother of the children was cohabiting with a man who wasn't the father of the kids.

(Before there are comments, many adoptive fathers are better fathers than the real ones, in every way).

Perhaps being bedbound, then being beaten when they wet it, would teach them about such things.

Let's hope neither are allowed to ever 'care' for a child again.

This case reminds me of the Thai couple that had kept a 12 year old Burmese maid, and locked her up, beat her, scalded her body with boiling water etc. Maybe 4 or 5 years ago. They then fled to Cambodia. 

Is there any update on that case, or has the statute of limitations already been and gone? ????

4 hours ago, Andrew65 said:

My sister worked for a time in the UK fostering children for the social services, the children had come from situations where one was being sexually abused, She says it was common (over-represented) that the  mother of the children was cohabiting with a man who wasn't the father of the kids.

(Before there are comments, many adoptive fathers are better fathers than the real ones, in every way).

The dynamic in families as regards violence against children can be very very complex. It does not have to be a broken family. It does not have to be a male who instigates the violence, as is often incorrectly believed by social workers and others.

My own experience with parents who never took drugs, did not drink and never strayed from the bonds of marriage was that my father beat me but always at the instigation of my mother. There were never any visible marks in public areas, such as the face or arms. Father did not always beat us - even when mother left a note that said "flog them hard." But if she provoked him properly or the red mist descended, he deliberately delivered a beating with a stick on the bare behind with deliberation, on occasion drawing blood.

It took me some time as a young adult to recover from their system of forced labour, deprivation and pain but the best "revenge" is to become the author of your own life despite them. I was not special in this regard. Nor is this poor kid - this kind of child abuse is everywhere. The only thing he has going for him is that the mother's boyfriend was stupid enough to leave marks and visible injuries on the kid's face. There are many who torture and exploit children but leave no visible marks. But this way this kid gets out of a young life full of pain, hopefully to be raised by his father or grandparents or guardians who will treat him right.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, steven100 said:

Thais really are the worst kind.

It is not just Thais, it happens everywhere.

One heart warming story of a child overcoming physical abuse: Amputee schoolboy Tony Hudgell raises £320,000 for NHS

Tony, from Kings Hill, in Kent, had to have both his legs amputated after suffering horrific injuries from his biological parents, when he was a baby.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Problem is, there appears an attitude among a lot of Thais - some that me and the wife know well - that don't worry about the kids, you can always have more

Unfortunately that's the truth, life here even that of a child is often of no value.

I hope the young boys real father can take over and take care of the child properly.

20 hours ago, webfact said:

His ribs were broken, his collarbones were in a bad state and there were more than 20 fresh and old wounds on his face.

These sort of injuries do not happen by a fall in the bathroom pretty obvious to most, in any normal country the hospital would have informed the police !! 

• Like 1

This is fairly common behavior in lower to middle-class Thai society.

Somchai A is biological father, but wife gets a new partner Somchai B.

The thought process in Somchai B goes something like 

"you didn't come from my sperm and I'm stuck with you - that's YOUR fault. 

So let me rough you up a little (or a lot) so I can feel like a real man"