Thailand Elite Members officially on the list

Hello everyone, 

Not sure if that is the right forum 

Nevertheless, it is now official: Stranded abroad Thailand Elite members are able to travel back to the kingdom under the program called TEMQ (Thailand Elite Member Quarantine)

• Haha 1

It is shown on Thai embassy in the US.

"For Thailand Privilege Card holders, please contact Thailand Privilege Card Co., Ltd. (Thailand Elite) directly to request for an authorization. At this stage, without an authorization from Thailand, the Royal Thai Embassy can’t issue COE for Elite card holders."

• Like 1

“ Health Insurance (cover COVID19) at least 100,000 USD”

So now Health Insurance has been made mandatory for Elite Visa Holders?   I was considering this for next year but the cost now just went up additional 65,000 for me.  A 5 year Elite Visa is 500,000+ Mandatory Covid 19 coverage health insurance.  The text clearly states “health insurance”.  Doubt Travel Insurance will be accepted.  

Edited by sqwakvfr
Grammar

5.1 At least 6 months valid Passport and valid Thailand Elite Visa affixed on it., that will disappoint those that applied overseas as you dont get the visa n you passport until you arrive.

and item 14 does not sound good either for Thailand opening up anytime soon

Unless you plan your return on the end of 2021 or the year after. Though, we can not guarantee the process or documents to be required for travel at that time as we believe it will be what we call “New Normal”

48 minutes ago, sqwakvfr said:

So now Health Insurance has been made mandatory for Elite Visa Holders?

It is not required to apply for one. It is only needed if you have one now and are trying to enter the country that does require it to get a certificate of entry to board a repatriation flight. It is required for everybody that qualifies to get a certificate of entry

“It is not required to apply for one. It is only needed if you have one now and are trying to enter the country that does require it to get a certificate of entry to board a repatriation flight. It is required for everybody that qualifies to get a certificate of entry”

Yes, I realize if one does not leave the county then the mandatory $100,000 will not be a factor.  But I would venture to guess that the majority of new Elite Visa applicants are outside of Thailand and the COE requirements would apply.  I have read Elite has received many new applications from people  in Hong Kong.  Then those in Hong Kong who are approved would have to complete the COE process which entails the health insurance requirement.  

1 hour ago, sqwakvfr said:

Then those in Hong Kong who are approved would have to complete the COE process which entails the health insurance requirement.

I think it's a fair assumption that most of them will already have a health insurance policy.

I do and it does cover COVID, I'm not sure if I could get a certificate from them though but as I'm already here I don't care.

• Like 1

“I think it's a fair assumption that most of them will already have a health insurance policy”

I try and not assume.  I learned this from watching the movie Bad New Bears(famous scene about the word ASS U ME).  

TIT.  Getting this government to accept any kind of foreign health insurance is difficult.  I obtained a new Non Imm OA earlier this year and kept it KISS and purchased from Pacific Cross. I wonder how the new Elite Visa Holders will be treated if they present foreign health insurance?  Presently the foreign health insurance certificate requires two signatures from the insurance company(at least one has to be from someone with the title  of “Director”).  We shall see what kind of VIP service 500,000 or more buys?  

• Haha 1

FYI I was offered a 10% Discount on the official ASQ price from the Le Meridien Bangkok for having a Long Term Stay Permit including Thailand Elite Visa.

Rates:

90,000 Tax incl. for Standard Room

120,000 Tax incl. for Avantec Corner Suite

Minus 10% for TE

Rates include full board (choice of 3 different menus for Bf/Lunch/Dinner) and 2 pc of laundry per day

NO ALCOHOL PERMITTED FOR THE ENTIRE STAY OF ASQ!

1 hour ago, ukrules said:

I think it's a fair assumption that most of them will already have a health insurance policy.

I do and it does cover COVID, I'm not sure if I could get a certificate from them though but as I'm already here I don't care.

Do you have a local Thai insurance?

Mine is Aetna (former Bupa) and they issued me a certificate in June confirming coverage. I didn't need it but asked them for one just in case I do in the future.

Aetna Policy Cert.png

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, FlyingThai said:

Do you have a local Thai insurance?

No, I use 'BUPA Global', like regular BUPA but worldwide and with large amounts of cover, I think it's about 60 million Baht a year (1.5 million pounds/year)

They confirmed to me that they will cover COVID even though their terms and conditions say they don't cover epidemics and pandemics.

If they did not do this then I would have cancelled my policy with them immediately, I clarified about 2 weeks before it was due for the annual renewal right in the middle of this pandemic.

I guess they chose not to lose all of their customers.

Edited by ukrules

On 8/21/2020 at 6:57 AM, ukrules said:

5.6 If you would like to travel on your arranged private jet flight, the information on private jet flight such as booking itineraries including flight number, date and time are to be provided to both Royal Thai Embassy / Consulate and Thailand Privilege Cards Co., Ltd. (TPC) Private jet needs permission for landing in Thailand which we will help rechecking on this issue for you.

Hahaha.. time to fire up the Jet that has been parked in the garage since March. I wonder if it will start first time. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1