Hangover Cure Successfully Tested on Drunk Subjects in Finland

rooster59

1 hour ago, Matzzon said:

Oh dear! These guys are light years after! I´ve come up with the perfect solution over 10 years ago.

1 bottle of Hang

2 cup of hot coffee

2 paracetamol

2 dl apple juice.

alcohol damanges the liver

paracetamol DAMAGES the liver

bad choice boy

l-cysteine is not NAC, but NAC helps to detox ... THE LIVER....

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Bender Rodriguez said:

alcohol damanges the liver

paracetamol DAMAGES the liver

Both of these damage the liver mainly if taken in massive doses continuously over long periods of time.

Taking a few paracetamol/tylenol even every day will not damage a normal liver.

I've noticed lots of people demonising this very safe drug over the last few years.

I bet you never take it do you because it's going to damage your liver? Well, you're wrong.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Emdog said:

Pain is nature's way of telling your something isn't right. Hangover telling you maybe not such a good idea to poison yourself with too much alcohol.

This cure seems to let you feel everything is fine when it isn't

Along lines of giving a drug so you can keep your hand on a hot stove burner. You may not feel the pain, but damage is being done

You sound as if you're really fun to party with!

2 hours ago, Matzzon said:

Oh dear! These guys are light years after! I´ve come up with the perfect solution over 10 years ago.

1 bottle of Hang

2 cup of hot coffee

2 paracetamol

2 dl apple juice.

I hate Apple Juice, it's like non-alcoholic cider!   PML

• Haha 1

L-Cysteine, the amino acid named in the OP as a hangover cure is a COMPLETELY CHEMICALLY DIFFERENT COMPOUND to N-Acetyl Cysteine (NAC), and has completely different chemical and pharmacological properties.

It is really not sensible to assume two compounds with similar sounding names are the same compound.

L-Cysteine is an amino acid and N-acetyl cysteine (NAC) is a chemical relative with an entire extra carboxylic acid group  (-COOH) in place of one of the hydrogen atoms (H) on the amine group.

If you think that won't make a difference, try drinking hydrogen peroxide H2O2 instead of water H2O, as that is only different by one oxygen atom.

L-cysteine.png

N-acetyl cysteine.png

Edited by partington
  • Like 1

N-acetyl-cysteine, N-acetylcysteine, N-acetyl cysteine, and N-acetyl-L-cysteineare all designations for the same compound, which is abbreviated as NAC. NAC is a precursor to the amino acid cysteine, which ultimately plays two key metabolic roles.