Poll shows 98 per cent believe Thailand better than other countries

rooster59

2 hours ago, YetAnother said:

and of course those respondents have lived in all of the other countries and thus have quality experience; i doubt many of them could even list 10 other countries in the world

Give them US visas and they will never come back home again.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, madmitch said:

I know many Thais that have gone to live in other countries and every one of them believes that they have moved somewhere with a better standard of living and quality of life. Yes, even those that are now in the UK or USA!

It makes me wonder why so many of us choose to live in Thailand!!!!!

For the food, the heat.  You're life is nearing an end, theirs is just beginning.  

Written from an old man to another.

Well, that's just an assumption.

The second sentence.

Ok, I'll stop now.

Okay, stopping.

????

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, madmitch said:

I know many Thais that have gone to live in other countries and every one of them believes that they have moved somewhere with a better standard of living and quality of life. Yes, even those that are now in the UK or USA!

It makes me wonder why so many of us choose to live in Thailand!!!!!

Why it's for the Temples, Buddhism and the cheap way of life and relaxing atmosphere, isn't that what TAT says

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Pravda said:

My highly educated and Christian Chinese wife born in Thailand (all true, don't laugh) was watching a polish film on Netflix. She asked me why they don't speak English? The argument ensued about Poland not being a US state, but a country in Europe. 

OK. Which language is spoken in Mongolia ?

Chinese or Mongolian ?

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Wait a minute, you mean the worlds not flat like a pizza pie, I'll be damned. OK so I have pizza on the mind this morning. Having a slice with a cold glass of milk for breakfast.  Gotta put some energy back into the body.  Of course Thailand is the center of the world, at least that what TAT keeps telling everyone...

See the source image

Just be careful you don't fall off the edge! :thumbsup:

One of the biggest flaws in the Thai culture is the expectation and reality that the children will take care of their parents...if they want to be productive at a higher income level, why isn’t it the other way around? 

My parents put all 3 of their kids through college or graduate school...And then cut us loose...all ended up with high level professional jobs and careers...

we have or will do the same with our children...it’s the proper recipe not the other way around...

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, rooster59 said:

When asked what good things Thailand has,

Interesting they slipped this in at the end of the list of "good things"...........

4 hours ago, rooster59 said:

and 60.3 per cent cited people who know that foreigners were trying to create conflict among Thai people.

which I guess links to the penultimate paragraph..........

59 minutes ago, Bender Rodriguez said:

most are low educated and never will leave the country or learn anything beyond's thailand's borders in school anyway

Sounds like any country in the western world these days. 

27 minutes ago, cardinalblue said:

One of the biggest flaws in the Thai culture is the expectation and reality that the children will take care of their parents...if they want to be productive at a higher income level, why isn’t it the other way around? 

My parents put all 3 of their kids through college or graduate school...And then cut us loose...all ended up with high level professional jobs and careers...

we have or will do the same with our children...it’s the proper recipe not the other way around...

Thailand's society is a lot more cohesive and caring than ours, where the elderly are left neglected to rot in money grabbing nursing homes.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

5 hours ago, rooster59 said:

86.1 per cent named the Army that alleviates people's suffering,

Well that can be taken 2 ways. One is how you put a hurt horse out of pain, and the other is public funds encroaching on the people. In the USA if needed they use the national guard, but it aint the same as the military here as they are only like reserves. 

And when you have that mentality and indoctrination no wonder things will never change. I wonder if 98% of people have been outside of Thailand. There are many good things here like the weather but itr doesn't suit everyone.

Every Thai I know who goes to the UK, USA or Europe says that there are so many things Thailand is way behind with the infrastructure, police and corruption to name a few.

Nationalism and pride is a good thing for me but being delusional, is not.

• Like 2