Are flights still being cancelled

jaffas21

3 hours ago, Tony Doc said:

They also said that all flights for August and September had been cancelled.

That is incorrect - unless something changes before Wednesday morning. My wife flies from Bangkok to London on Wednesday and I received and e-mail confirming the flight and advising of passenger requirements just this morning.  A couple of weeks ago they cancelled the Helsinki - Manchester leg of the flight though and I had to change it to Heathrow.

I have just checked September flights - Bangkok to Heathrow still showing but none from Bangkok to Manchester.  Maybe you were asking about BKK-MAN?

When any flights are cancelled at the moment - its worth looking at the midway point to see if there are alternatives.  For example, when Finnair notified me that my wife's flight was cancelled, it was only the Helsinki-Manchester portion. When I checked out AY142 (Bangkok-Helsinki) it was still available.  Finnair didn't offer Heathrow as an alternative - I had to ask them.

You should also be aware as I later found out - both legs of the original flight were on a Wednesday. They only cancelled the Helsinki-Manchester leg and when I looked later - the Thursday flight from Helsinki to Manchester was available.  So, if my wife had a visa for Finland she could have stayed overnight there and got the Thursday flight to Manchester.  Again, this was not offered and of course it would have been hassle but you probably don't need a visa for Finland so its do-able.

A lot of flights are difficult during this pandemic - it can take a little more then the usual effort to find a way through.

Finnair are damned cheap on flights out of Thailand where you can find one - my wife's one way was less than 10,000 baht.

Edited by KhaoYai

9 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

Very few flights are canceled. Maybe one of the 15 - 30 daily international departures ex-BKK?

People looking at flight boards are seeing flights which have been removed from the airlines' operations, but remain in these remote systems. Then they show as 'canceled'. And they show the codeshares, which multiplies the 'appearance' of massive cancellations.

I continue to recommend Qatar Airways, they have at least one daily BKK-DOH, often two or three, and two dailies DOH-LHR. ~ 15,000 all in. Don't wait.

QR does not require a COVID-19 negative test if originating in Thailand. As of today. 

You could go to Suvarnabhumi today/tonight and depart at 02:10 (Tuesday, 25 August) on QR 837, connecting to QR 003 (2 hr connection at DOH is fine) and be in London for lunch. 14,900 all in.

Qatar has the best refund/reschedule/voucher program out there. They've been flying more than anyone during the pandemic.

Can't comment on the U.K. entry requirements but that should be easy to find.

The BA flights (BA 9 and 10) are cargo only, AFAIK.

There ha been an Eva flight, direct, non-stop BKK-LHR, once a week. Direct, non-stop flights will be more expensive.

so no covid test to leave thailand with qatar, what about emirates?

9 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

6 hours ago, Mayhem11 said:

The new rogues are sky pirates especially Qatar. They were offering flights to OZ for $AUD 6,500.00 via Doha! ie B146,998.00.

You priced this? Ticketed it? Travel one-way? What dearture date(s)?

That's Business Class, Q-Suite possibly. *I think, I can't find any available seats on thsi route. Or even just for DOH-SYD.

I think for the DOH-OZ routes it's mostly cargo and they want any pax in business.

If you don't want to be 'pirated' you do realize you don't have to buy a ticket at this price.

Seems like the routes back to OZ from THL are via TG, or possibly SQ via SIN or CX via HKG.

On 8/24/2020 at 8:45 AM, mtls2005 said:

Very few flights are canceled. Maybe one of the 15 - 30 daily international departures ex-BKK?

People looking at flight boards are seeing flights which have been removed from the airlines' operations, but remain in these remote systems. Then they show as 'canceled'. And they show the codeshares, which multiplies the 'appearance' of massive cancellations.

I continue to recommend Qatar Airways, they have at least one daily BKK-DOH, often two or three, and two dailies DOH-LHR. ~ 15,000 all in. Don't wait.

QR does not require a COVID-19 negative test if originating in Thailand. As of today. 

You could go to Suvarnabhumi today/tonight and depart at 02:10 (Tuesday, 25 August) on QR 837, connecting to QR 003 (2 hr connection at DOH is fine) and be in London for lunch. 14,900 all in.

Qatar has the best refund/reschedule/voucher program out there. They've been flying more than anyone during the pandemic.

Can't comment on the U.K. entry requirements but that should be easy to find.

The BA flights (BA 9 and 10) are cargo only, AFAIK.

There ha been an Eva flight, direct, non-stop BKK-LHR, once a week. Direct, non-stop flights will be more expensive.

Why ? They use less fuel cos on;y take off once 

2 hours ago, superal said:

Why ? They use less fuel cos on;y take off once 

Simple econ 101.

Supply/demand.

Direct, non-stop flights are preferred by customers as they get to their destination quicker, and avoid stops/connections.

Usually there are only one or two carriers offering direct non-stop flights, where there could be a dozen offering the same with a stop/connection.

Hence airlines can charge more.

Airlines don't charge based on the number of take-offs. Even "costs" (CASM) are but a single thing they consider in pricing.

Ok so qatar or lufthansa it is for the moment, thanks for all the replies. Anyone in Thailand gets temperatures checked twice a day in 7 eleven, big c,  or a mall or somewhere, we all know we don't have a temperature thats for sure. Sadly due to the climate and lack of wind we can frequently be exhibiting at least a blocked nose a lot of the time.

Free testing would go a long way to solving these issues. (like many other countries). But that might reveal a lot of asymptomatic carriers in the population and mess up the statistics .. haha

ok thanks guys

Several Airlines are selling tickets BKK to Sydney, with multiple stops. With Australias ridiculous limits on arrivals how can they sell these tickets? I've already been burnt with three booked and paid for flights which were cancelled. And clawing the money back is tedious. One airline offered me 50% and Thai gave me a credit. Which I can't seem to use because they also constantly cancel flights.

Can anyone suggest a solution? 

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, 007cableguy said:

Just had a email from Qatar Airways cancelling my wife and sons return flights to their  Thailand for 26th September and full refund !

Can you share any details?

They planned to travel from Thailand to where?

Or from where to Thailand?

Seems like they should have been able to fly out of Thailand on QR.

However they may not be allowed to fly INTO Thailand, unless on a COE itinierary.

SOme QR flights, DOH-BKK, are operating as COE flights this month, including 26 and 29 Sep, QR 830.

Were they on this flight, QR 830 DOH-BKK on Sep 26?

9 hours ago, 007cableguy said:

Just had a email from Qatar Airways cancelling my wife and sons return flights to their  Thailand for 26th September and full refund !

Are these the same flights you mentioned as cancelled here a month ago?

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1179932-thailand-not-opening-to-foreign-tourists-any-time-soon/page/12/?tab=comments#comment-15761926

• Haha 1