Pattaya video: Help me find my stolen motorcycle! 

webfact

Pattaya video: Help me find my stolen motorcycle! 

7pm1.jpg

A Thai man went to the press for help in finding his motorcycle after it was stolen from a "moo katha" (pork BBQ) restaurant in Pattaya on August 13th. 

Arti Sinnork, 31, said that he had left his keys on the table and believed that an employee of the restaurant had picked them up and borrowed his bike to go and buy something. 

But he didn't come back. So subsequently he went to the Nong Prue police to report it missing. 

It's a black/red Honda Wave 125 with the plate 6009 (Chonburi) and the officer investigating can be contacted on 091 764 0399 if anyone sees it. 

77kaoded reported that the thief was someone who looked after the restaurant. It appeared to be shut up at the time. 

The story featured a picture of a forlorn Arti pointing at the empty space where his bike once was. 

Source: 77kaoded

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-08-24

• Haha 1

Thieves are everywhere here. Oh, not to be pointing a finger, but they seem to be all over in the USA and EU as well. Watch your stuff as it will walk away. Year back I had a Honda 125 wave stolen during Loy Krathong. Snapped the neck lock, wire to wire and gone in 60 seconds. 

14 hours ago, soi3eddie said:

This is why I hid a mini GPS tracker on my Honda ADV150. It gives at least some chance of retrieval until the thieves discover where it's hidden. Prepaid SIM card that costs just 240 Baht a year to keep active. Ping a text to the SIM and it sends back a Google Maps link showing the location (unless it's in an underground car park).

Does it require both a Satellite and phone network signal to do that?

6 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Does it require both a Satellite and phone network signal to do that?

Yes, I believe it does however so long as there is a phone signal it should send last known satellite location 

On 8/25/2020 at 11:18 PM, soi3eddie said:

This is why I hid a mini GPS tracker on my Honda ADV150. It gives at least some chance of retrieval until the thieves discover where it's hidden. Prepaid SIM card that costs just 240 Baht a year to keep active. Ping a text to the SIM and it sends back a Google Maps link showing the location (unless it's in an underground car park).

I have a similar tracker that I keep under the seat of my bike.  I have been lazy to hard wire it in.  I should get around to doing that.  

10 hours ago, Leaver said:

I have a similar tracker that I keep under the seat of my bike.  I have been lazy to hard wire it in.  I should get around to doing that.  

I hard wired it to the battery and put duck tape along the wires to the GPS taped and hidden under the back of the seat. Only thing is that it will flatten the bike battery if not ridden for over a week. On testing, it really is very accurate to within a few metres.

On 8/25/2020 at 11:18 PM, soi3eddie said:

WOW.    gonna get one to hide on my wife ..

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

That's some really grand pointing your doing Arti into that empty space.

But you should have emphasized how bad you need the bike back as it's your only transport to care for your sick mama or someone.  Also, you should have offered a reward .... don't have to mention how much it's just the fact your offering will get noticed ... give the finder 1,000 baht or whatever you think is appreciated.

If the guy who took your bike works at the restaurant then the boss or staff should know where his room is. The story doesn't add up because why is no one from the restaurant helping you ..   imo

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:
13 hours ago, rumak said:

WOW.    gonna get one to hide on my wife ..

Track her phone......

Just one of my "jokes"............   if anyone needed to be tracked it would have been me , "  but i done

changed my ways".      

On 8/27/2020 at 11:02 AM, soi3eddie said:

I hard wired it to the battery and put duck tape along the wires to the GPS taped and hidden under the back of the seat. Only thing is that it will flatten the bike battery if not ridden for over a week. On testing, it really is very accurate to within a few metres.

I will do something similar.  Also try to get a larger CCA battery in the future.  I like the geo fencing feature.