What I am missing?

swissie

15 hours ago, Yinn said:

Your missing reality.

TAT is popular one to mock, ridicule and criticize on TVF. 

Every TAT thread, same negative post. So much. Repeat repeat. 

Because so successful. Thaibashers hate when Thai win.

Thailand small country. But TAT get 40 million tourist per year. Thailand top three tourist place in world. 

So many tourist love Thailand, come back many times.

Many expat want live in Thailand. We give retirement visa for them.

Yes. Is there job right? 

Thailand will be popular place for tourism when open again. More popular than before covid. 

Because tourist be scared go to Europe and America north and south because

Covid.

TAT do very good job. Win for Thailand. Good for economy.

Thankyou  

https://www.forbes.com/sites/alexandratalty/2019/09/04/bangkok-is-the-most-visited-city-in-the-world-again/#214a2a95f1bb

E611B4CA-C63F-49CF-9D85-ABE8212FEABF.png.180b310c8b66855a5486a60a32b11366.png

now it goes the other way.

B525E99F-6BFF-45A4-8989-5033C7D1047D.jpeg

15 hours ago, Yinn said:

Your missing reality.

Thailand small country. But TAT get 40 million tourist per year. Thailand top three tourist place in world. 

Yes. Is there job right? 

Thailand will be popular place for tourism when open again. More popular than before covid. 

Covid.

Thankyou  

https://www.forbes.com/sites/alexandratalty/2019/09/04/bangkok-is-the-most-visited-city-in-the-world-again/#214a2a95f1bb

Try something other than a ‘Thai Website’ for your information [Thaiwebsites.com]

Try... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Tourism_rankings

Thailand is ranked number 9 by Visitors (still very high up there on the list)

However, in the same year (2018) Thailand was 4th when ranked by tourist spending - which incredibly impressive and stresses how important Thailands Tourism Industry is. 

The Tourism Authority of Thailand does do a good job, Thailand is well marketed overseas and Thailand enjoys many repeat visitors. 

This is why it's so important that Thailand continues to encourage those repeat visitors before they find somewhere else to enjoy and repeat visit. 

I hope that when Thailand is ‘more popular’ than before Yinn, i just don’t know how you can claim as a statement that it ‘will be more popular than before’ when herd immunity in the EU and US could mean that there is no longer any need for restricted movement, the virus has run its course, just as it may have already done in Thailand in Nov, Dec, Jan and Feb before the world started panicking.

Screenshot 2020-08-25 at 15.49.02.png

16 hours ago, Why Me said:

There might be method to the madness. Let's see:

Get away from the cold! Get away from Covid-19 and the flu season! Winter in sunny Thailand and frolic on sandy beaches. Quarantine? You'll be isolated in splendor for the first week. Eat and drink to your hearts content and watch the sunset reclining on a beach chair on your own private stretch of sand. And then off you go. Phuket is your playground for the rest of the month.

Just might work. There's plenty of people in the US/Europe who can afford such a package, who are climbing the walls to get the 'ell out and on top of that terrified of the flu season and a second wave.

I thought quarantine was a No Booze deal?

20 hours ago, Yinn said:

Your missing reality.

Yes. Is there job right? 

Covid.

Thankyou  

Thank you for a personal example of Thai critical thinking skills ...

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, swissie said:

must be missing something. Thai-authorities are cranking out schemes to re-juvenate Thai-Torism by the day. AFAIK: No Airline is planning to resume flights from Europe to Thailand in the foreseeable future.

Yes, you miss the point. Many airlines fly to Bangkok all the time, but not allowed to bring in passengers. So they fly with cargo and passengers to other destinations beyond BKK, and on the way back carry passengers from BKK. Other airlines that currently don't fly to BKK have scheduled flights for coming months, and will carry on these flights if they get permits to land here with passengers. 

On 8/24/2020 at 7:58 PM, Yinn said:

Your missing reality.

Yes. Is there job right? 

Covid.

Thankyou  

Thailand is not a small country, it's a medium size country. Similar population to France, UK etc. 

This is true. Many of those retirees are probably married to a Thai though. Far easier for the Thai to stay longterm in the SO's country, and even obtain citizenship than for the foreigner to do the same in Thailand. 

Don't think tourists will be coming back in large numbers anytime soon. No one wants to pay for forced quarantine and people will vote with their feet and go elsewhere for the time being. Flights in Europe are very cheap, and there are less restrictions. 

I don't think people are scared to travel. The thing is that in all European countries people are used to living with the virus now. In my own country there was a far stricter lockdown than in Thailand, after 3pm curfew etc for about a month and many other restrictions. There are still no international flights etc the same as Thailand. 

The numbers now are around 300,000 cases, nearly 4000 dead, and around 1000 new cases a day, and 30-40 dead per day, most of whom are old with preexisting medical conditions.

After the lockdown was lifted it felt a bit weird going out again after so long at home etc, and it took a while for everyone to get used to it. But, and this is the important thing, we're all just getting on with it, working as normal, and we're used to living with the virus. Everyone knows someone who has had it and no one is scared of it anymore. I think this is the way to go about things. 

Personally speaking, I can't wait to go to Thailand again, I've not seen my family since January and I'm not bothered about the cost. But I'd be amazed if regular tourists were prepared to go through all the hoops that are currently in place. 

It's going to take a long time for things to get back to normal in Thailand for tourism. 

• Like 2

On 8/24/2020 at 8:31 PM, beano2274 said:

people with Family in Thailand and those with Elite Visas can fly into Bangkok, why go out of their way and travel to Phuket???

There is a difference between staying at a Phuket resort and staying at a hotel room in Bangkok. Even for a fortnight. 

On 8/24/2020 at 11:31 PM, swissie said:

Does the TAT expect tourists to arrive by Banana-Boat and spend 50% of their holiday under quarantine at the hotel?

The schemes are aimed at stimulating domestic tourism.

We all know international travel is zero at the moment.

On 8/24/2020 at 11:58 PM, Yinn said:

Your missing reality.

Yes. Is there job right? 

Covid.

Thankyou  

All of this pre-covid.....

On 8/24/2020 at 11:45 PM, ukrules said:

They did mention charter flights.

Charter flights to Phuket is suggested. BUT, the TAT believes that tourists will willingly do a 14 days quarantine + another 7 days at the same place, and they must stay 30 days. The idea is ridiculous. The average time for tourists in Phuket is 14 days. No tourist with half a brain will accept these conditions. 

3 hours ago, Max69xl said:

Charter flights to Phuket is suggested. BUT, the TAT believes that tourists will willingly do a 14 days quarantine + another 7 days at the same place, and they must stay 30 days. The idea is ridiculous. The average time for tourists in Phuket is 14 days. No tourist with half a brain will accept these conditions. 

I think you will find that there's a few hundred thousand people who own winter holiday homes who would come for a 4 to 6 month stay over the winter months if they're allowed to and go through the hassle and expense of quarantine on the way in.

Current laws only allow a maximum stay of 90 days I believe so that's a bit of an issue, I wouldn't do it if the stay is limited to 90 days - that's absurd and it would still be winter when you return.

If they get rid of the pathetic 90 day maximum then maybe it will work, if not then it will fail because nobody is going to be doing any 'visa runs' any time soon.

• Like 1

I'll come back to my broken old record.

Until you see domestic air travel rebound, the chances of a resurgence in long haul flights is just delusional.

There is a reason that the aircraft storage facilities in Victorville, Alice Springs and Teruel are bursting at the seams with widebody aircraft parked up for the duration of this nightmare.

Domestic air travel in North America & Europe is still below 50% of pre-COVID levels, and isn't predicted to rebound until at least some time in 2021.

So yeah, regardless of the absurdity that folks are going to travel half way round the world to spend half their vacation in quarantine, if they are terrified of spending a couple of hours on a domestic flight (I'm including all of Europe as domestic), then the chances of them wanting to spend 10+ hours on a plane getting to Thailand is just absurd.

Also a lot of those Europeans are probably already unemployed, they just don't know it yet. Wait to see what happens to businesses when all those furlough and payroll support schemes end.

Everyone can pull numbers out of thin air, but I'd recommend them to just shut up with the daily prognostications and look at the forward indications