Phuket tram system to cost Bt35bn and start running in 2026

webfact

Phuket tram system to cost Bt35bn and start running in 2026

By THE NATION

800_23494bd16e778bf.jpg?v=1598282993

The Mass Rapid Transit Authority of Thailand (MRTA) plans to invest around Bt35 billion for the first phase of its tram project in Phuket province.

The first phase linking Phuket Airport and Chalong intersection was discussed at a meeting between Phuket deputy governor Wongsakorn Noonchukhan and MRTA assistant governor Sarot T Suwan on Monday (August 24).

This meeting also heard opinions from local people and businesses as well as the Phuket administration.

The first phase covers 42 kilometres and 21 stations, while the second will cover 16.5 kilometres.

The MRTA will invest Bt35.201 billion for the first phase, with fares set at between Bt35 and Bt140 per trip. Official studies estimate returns of 13.11 per cent for project investors.

The project will be proposed to the Cabinet by mid-2021, with private companies invited to join bidding for contracts in 2022, said the MRTA. Tram services are scheduled to begin operating in 2026.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30393454

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-08-25

12 minutes ago, madmitch said:
5 hours ago, webfact said:

Official studies estimate returns of 13.11 per cent for project investors.

Did they use the TAT statistics department to come up with this figure?

What they think people want to hear and the truth are often two different things.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Old Croc said:

Is it on again?

If so, of course it's now more expensive and to be finished much later.

( For the first couple of posters, the Pattaya forum would be a better place to discuss projects there)

Post 3 is simply highlighting the issues a Phuket tram could face given the taxi mafia there, based on how the baht buses destroyed the Pattaya bus service. (wouldn't be too hasty for your morning moan )

Edited by sungod
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, sungod said:

Post 3 is simply highlighting the issues a Phuket tram could face given the taxi mafia there, based on how the baht buses destroyed the Pattaya bus service. (wouldn't be too hasty for your morning moan )

What a presumptive post followed by a pathetic insult!

In your haste to have a go at me you didn't even properly read the two posts for which you've taken umbrage.

There was nothing in post 3, nor in the post he quoted, about the Pattaya Bus Service nor Phuket taxi drivers!  In fact the poster you're championing talked about non-exist Phuket Baht Buses.

Both posts were discussing Pattaya transport services and I merely suggested they post in that forum.

Sungod, If you want to attack my posts, I suggest you look for actual points to debate or you will find I'm not a very godly person. 

2 hours ago, Old Croc said:

What a presumptive post followed by a pathetic insult!

In your haste to have a go at me you didn't even properly read the two posts for which you've taken umbrage.

There was nothing in post 3, nor in the post he quoted, about the Pattaya Bus Service nor Phuket taxi drivers!  In fact the poster you're championing talked about non-exist Phuket Baht Buses.

Both posts were discussing Pattaya transport services and I merely suggested they post in that forum.

Sungod, If you want to attack my posts, I suggest you look for actual points to debate or you will find I'm not a very godly person. 

Bad attempt at a come back there, stop being so sensitive.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, bluesofa said:

I bet the initial opposition to it could well involve Baht Bus drivers who's vehicles happen to 'breakdown' on the tram lines.

More likely songteaws will get other routes where the tram isn’t riding. Surely they be banned driving around the tramroutes on the hours the trams are riding. Don’t tell me we will end up with trams and songteaws its too much for me ???? Going back to the phuket tram i still wonder if it goes into phuket town or follows the bypass road towards central festival ?

Edited by Destiny1990