How much did you pay for the COE ‘package’?

6 hours ago, asiasurfer said:

What if I keep paying Social Insurance in Thailand (the maximum amount)? Why do I still need to buy a seperate Covid Insurance then???

The embassy websites state a letter from your employer stating you are covered for the insurance instead of needing a insurance policy.

• Thanks 1

1.      Covid test (in your country)  - USD135

1a. Fit to Fly - USD35

2.      Q – hotel [ as booked (B) or rescheduled to synchronize with the flight date (R)] - various options available for different budgets.

3.      Flight - economy/business - USD1200/USD3000

4.      Insurance [and if it’s accepted by monthly (M) 3-month (Q) or yearly (Y) payment] - USD1000/annum depending on age for basic OPD cover with covid being underwritten.

5.      Total so far 

6.      Additional costs (if they are worth mentioning)

6 hours ago, mjakob007 said:

Q – hotel [ as booked (B) or rescheduled to synchronize with the flight date (R)] - various options available for different budgets

When i received notification from embassy to book ASQ there was only one hotel with available rooms.(so no options on budget)

I asked for candy to chew on and they refused

Refused or dont have? Possibly they don't have "free candy" available?  Did they have a ++$ desert room service menu? 

Could you of used Lineman or GrabGrocery to order some to reception?

3 minutes ago, dsf9 said:

Refused or dont have? Possibly they don't have "free candy" available?  Did they have a ++$ desert room service menu? 

Could you of used Lineman or GrabGrocery to order some to reception?

This particular hotel won't allow outside food brought in so only limited menu to choose from.(there is no snacks ie mama noodles or potato chips or candy)

Maybe it's because it is new on the list and may relax restrictions down the track.  

There are reports from people at other ASQ's saying they can leave money on table outside room and staff will get what you want from 7/11 etc.

1. COVID-19 RT-PCR $225USD fit to fly $300USD

2. ASQ 38,000 Baht

3. Flight $1,140USD Korean from US west coast.  Got virtually nothing for canceled 2nd leg of original ticket-$200

4. Ins with COVID-19 coverage certificate $227/mo USD can cancel at any time

6. Visa $200USD, mailing passport to consulate and back $62USD, airport transport US $75USD.  Would have to do even if back on time.

Cost of staying in the US 4 months longer than usual about $6,700.

Total for this about $12,200-$337-$200 = $11,663 more expenses than a normal year of coming to the US and working my 4mo/yr job.

• Thanks 1

I have a non-immigrant O retirement visa with re-entry permit. Do I need health insurance when applying to return to Thailand? Or is it correct a law was made on 31st October 2019 to decree Non O visa holders did not need hospital insurance ? Also is there any one over 70 years old like me, who is applying or has returned, who got a good deal on health insurance please? A good deal ie less than £2K !!!

On 8/27/2020 at 6:03 PM, PatrickC said:

If you are trying to enter Thailand at the moment, you need Covid insurance. However those on retirement extensions can not enter Thailand at the moment.

Yes they can, where did you get that from. If you are married to a Thai or have a Thai child, you qualify to come back.

I'm looking into doing this myself.

Can anyone let me know if general long stay insurance that does not exclude Covid 19 is acceptable, rather than a specific policy? 

Also, I guess entering on an METV would not really be practical at this time, seeing as getting out and in again would be extremely difficult and expensive. 

31 minutes ago, Globaleyes said:

Can anyone let me know if general long stay insurance that does not exclude Covid 19 is acceptable, rather than a specific policy? 

Yes it will be accepted but it must provide $100.000 (3.1 million baht) of coverage.

31 minutes ago, Globaleyes said:

Also, I guess entering on an METV would not really be practical at this time, seeing as getting out and in again would be extremely difficult and expensive. 

You cannot apply for and use a METV at this time. A non-o visa is required if you qualify for a certificate of entry.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Yes it will be accepted but it must provide $100.000 (3.1 million baht) of coverage.

You cannot apply for and use a METV at this time. A non-o visa is required if you qualify for a certificate of entry.

Joe, do I need to apply for non-O visa first, before COE etc?  Also, is O-A possible from my home country (UK)?

On 8/27/2020 at 8:06 AM, farmerjo said:

This particular hotel won't allow outside food brought in so only limited menu to choose from.(there is no snacks ie mama noodles or potato chips or candy)

Maybe it's because it is new on the list and may relax restrictions down the track.  

There are reports from people at other ASQ's saying they can leave money on table outside room and staff will get what you want from 7/11 etc.

The ASQ I stayed at last month (TwoThree hotel) went to 7-11.

I communicated to the reception staff through Line Messenger & left money on the table. The staff were extremely helpful. 

The food (outsourced to a bakery) was pretty decent. No issued for two weeks. I had a choice of 3 items for each meal. 

I didn’t want candies & chocolate anyway, but I’m certain the staff would have got those for me. 

The restrictions were on ‘fresh food items’ and Booze - Thus, Mama noodles, Crisps (potato chips) etc should be no problem.

My Wife dropped my Coffee Machine off for me on the first day, the only extra’s I needed was fresh milk every couple of days. 

I had my room cleaned on day 7 - with just me in the room there really was no more need than once per week to clean it - I could have requested every other day, following the results of the first Covid-19 test, but it was just not necessary. 

No personal laundry: Hospital scrubs were the only items they (the hotel) would launder - I was issued 3 pairs. 

30 minutes ago, roquefort said:
41 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Joe, do I need to apply for non-O visa first, before COE etc?  Also, is O-A possible from my home country (UK)?

E-mail the Thai Embassy in London: [email protected]

They will have an update on when there are available repatriation flights (if there are any) and what you need. 

If you get a ‘crappy generic’ e-mail back, that likely means there are no repatriation flights in the pipeline - you’ll likely get a long list of requirements (contradictory and circular hoop jumping - there are a lot of threads on the requirements). 

As I understand it, at the moment foreigners can only enter on a Non-Immigrant Type O (based on Marriage to a Thai or Parent of a Thai), Non-Immigration-B or Education Visa are being permitted Entry at the Moment through the Embassies. 

Thai Elite handles entry applications via the MFA and Embassy if someone wants to go that route. 

40 minutes ago, roquefort said:

The application can be done about the same time as the COE is. Info is here. 

https://london.thaiembassy.org/en/publicservice/119247-requirements-for-certificate-of-entry-during-travel-restriction?page=5d6636cd15e39c3bd00072dd&menu=5f4b6eb3f6ae4b236972c562

• Like 1

1) Pre-Flight Covid-19 PCR Test and Fit to Fly Cert (USD$227)

2) ASQ (30,000 baht The Kinn Hotel Deluxe room) 

3) Embassy issue Flight (USD$1250)

4) Insurance (14,000 baht  April Health) 

5) Arrival at ASQ Covid-19 RCR Test (I don't know, on my first day) 

6) Non Imm Type O Visa (USD$80)

Total: around USD$2920

• Thanks 2

23 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Many thanks, great answer.  Now my wife has seen the prices, she's considering returning to the UK! 

15 hours ago, PatrickC said:

Not particularly sure what creating a table will achieve?

The costs aren't ideal, but if you want to get to Thailand, you just have to pay.

Just putting all info together for the ones that are interested so they have a quick summary.

You are very welcome to share your expenses if you went through the whole procedure.

1 hour ago, againstthewind said:

Just putting all info together for the ones that are interested so they have a quick summary.

You are very welcome to share your expenses if you went through the whole procedure.

Thanks, it gives a good indication of costs for people such as me who are working away and would look to evaluate a return if my contract was terminated early

• Thanks 1