Republican convention heads to White House as Melania Trump takes spotlight

webfact

4 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

These are the kinds of people Trump has speaking on his behalf.  Bondi is a registered foreign agent, trying to accuse Biden of doing what she clearly did.  "The hypocrisy is strong on this one."

[Former Florida attorney general Pam Bondi, a registered lobbyist for a foreign government that Donald Trump’s Justice Department has implicated in a corruption scandal, used her speech at the Republican convention on Tuesday to criticize former vice president Joe Biden for alleged self-dealing abroad.]

https://www.thedailybeast.com/registered-foreign-agent-pam-bondi-says-biden-is-corrupt?ref=wrap

Ahh thank you, that explains the lies.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sujo said:

They really put the lies on turbo today. I dont think Pam Bondi said anything truthful at all in her speech.

That's right, every single statement at the gop convention is a lie, especially if its Trump. 

Whereas the Dems only spoke the truth. 

Jeez, you people are something else. 

Tell me have you ever visited planet earth.? 

2 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

the seventh is the girlfriend of a Trump, who incidentally gave a ‘speech’ that was anything but soothing.

Keep an eye on her for future reference.  I think she is being used as a convenient fool.  We'll have to see how Guilfoyle's role with these grifters plays out.

Ailes had a low opinion of her (he used the "w" word).  I'm not sympathetic, she's too arrogant and not smart enough to see what she is currently part of and I hope for her sake she comes out intact.  And I'm glad I'll never meet her.  ????

Edited by bendejo

The White House should not be used in any election campaign. It is the People's House and the POTUS resides there as a privilege due to his office paid by the People.

To be fair, can Biden do campaign speeches from the White House?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Srikcir said:

The White House should not be used in any election campaign. It is the People's House and the POTUS resides there as a privilege due to his office paid by the People.

To be fair, can Biden do campaign speeches from the White House?

It was also illegal for Pompeo to speak:

A December memo from the department’s Office of the Legal Adviser that was sent to “All Presidential Appointees and All Political Appointees” explicitly states it is prohibited for a Senate-confirmed appointee to attend a political convention.

“Senate-confirmed Presidential appointees may not even attend a political party convention or convention-related event,” the memo reads.

https://www.rollcall.com/2020/08/25/mike-pompeo-rnc-speech-israel/

Wouldn’t it be great if Melania, in her speech, would turn against Trump and the Republican party and nail them all to the cross? I have zero interest in watching any of the speeches at the RNC, but I would gladly make an exception for that. 

8 hours ago, webfact said:

The Republican National Convention moves to the White House on Tuesday night, where first lady Melania Trump is to make the case for re-electing President Donald Trump

I hope she starts off with a prayer again as she did at some point after the 2016 election. It was hillarious.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Its always nice to have a couple of people who have been charged to speak good about you. But trump really doesnt have many supporters that havent been charged.

Interesting melania spoke about online bullying while trumps fingers were poised on the twitter screen. Everything she said that was bad was what trump does.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, bendejo said:

Keep an eye on her for future reference.  I think she is being used as a convenient fool.  We'll have to see how Guilfoyle's role with these grifters plays out.

Ailes had a low opinion of her (he used the "w" word).  I'm not sympathetic, she's too arrogant and not smart enough to see what she is currently part of and I hope for her sake she comes out intact.  And I'm glad I'll never meet her.  ????

Is this the one who claimed to be an immigrant from Puerto Rico?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tomazbodner said:

I'm waiting for someone to implicate Slovenia into meddling with US elections... I mean, she's Slovenian, right... Just don't know whether she wants him to win or prefers him to lose.

Keep the facts straight for all our sakes. She is a naturalized American from Slovenia.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rudi49jr said:

Wouldn’t it be great if Melania, in her speech, would turn against Trump and the Republican party and nail them all to the cross? I have zero interest in watching any of the speeches at the RNC, but I would gladly make an exception for that. 

What I found interesting is I heard her speech was not vetted by the White House/West Wing. She really COULD have said anything.