insect repellant for covid

3NUMBAS

Ingredient in insect repellent can kill Covid-19, MoD study finds

c34cabf0-c867-11ea-b7fe-c7c1757acc6d
Danielle Sheridan
The Telegraph26 Augh  https://uk.news.yahoo.com/ingredient-insect-repellent-kill-covid-150026406.htmlus

An ingredient in insect repellent can kill Covid-19, a study by the Ministry of Defence has found. 

The preliminary research by scientists at the Defence Science and Technology Laboratory (Dstl) has found that Citriodiol may kill the strain of coronavirus which causes the virus. 

Jeremy Quin, the defence minister, said the latest research “shows that sprays containing Citriodiol, which has been made available to the MoD units engaged in the Covid response, can kill the virus”.

The product is made from oil from the eucalyptus citriodora tree, and can be found in several popular insect repellents, including Mosi Guard.

In May Ben Wallace confirmed that the Armed Forces were using insect repellent to ward off coronavirus, due to the fact that “weaker Citriodiol spray solutions have been found to provide a barrier against variants of the SARS virus”. 

This information is posted for information purposes and it does not in any way encourage anyone to use any product as a method of containing or killing Covid-19.   Any product used should follow the direction provided by the manufacturer.   

• Like 1

On 8/27/2020 at 8:25 PM, 3NUMBAS said:

An ingredient in insect repellent can kill Covid-19, a study by the Ministry of Defence has found. 

So Trump was right. But not Lysol but Baygon. Makes sense. I sprayed my morning cereal with Lysol after seeing Trump on TV but it made me sick to tell the truth. Tomorrow I'll give Baygon a shot.

• Haha 1

Don't drink your mosquito spray and don't gargle or rinse your mouth with it.

The news story does not make it sufficiently clear, but if you want to use it at all, use it only to spray or wipe surfaces. It probably gives off a foul odour.

1 hour ago, CrossBones said:

I just drank a capful it says DDT on the bottle is it ok

Better than a G&T? ????

Is this a move or a progression into later claiming that Covid is actually caused by a flying bug - to scare us even more?

Sounds a bit crazy, I know; but with the huge amount of misinformation, wrong advice & the incorrect mortality rates, I do wonder just what is happening.