CCSA: First group of foreigners allowed back are long stay and permanent residents

webfact

CCSA: First group of foreigners allowed back are long stay and permanent residents

1pm.jpg
"First two groups entering Thailand"

The head of a Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration panel has revealed the first two groups of foreigners that will be allowed back into the country.

Bangkok Insight said that these were long stay residents and those with houses/homes in Thailand, taken to mean permanent residents. 

Deputy army chief Natthapon Nakpanich said that these groups have high spending power and there are 100 who meet the criteria who are ready to return now.

They must fulfil all the relevant health requirements and quarantine for 14 days. 

This will mean health checks before and after arrival. 

Source: Bangkok Insight

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-08-28

2 minutes ago, jojothai said:

Cherry picking.

Why dont they stop this drivel and simply announce that the only people wanted are those who will spend a lot of money, and set a minimum amount.

I'm in for a couple of nights per week dining out at Chester's Chicken...especially when they have specials

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

I wish there were more specifics but if this includes married and retirees with Non-Imm Os it would be great news. There may be 1000s of such people...not 100s..,I know 3 such people personally who are stranded outside Thailand. 

He said there are 100 who meet the criteria, but we dont know what that is.

Dont hold your breathe, i dont think they are considering pensioners much. Its all about spending.

Have married people been included in any of the groups stated so far?

Thanks rotbenz for clarifying.

Edited by jojothai

5 minutes ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

Yes in theory marrieds have been allowed for a couple months but in practice it's very difficult. The process could certainly be streamlined as these people have a pre-existing connection to Thailand. Same for retirement visa holders. 

As long as there's a quarantene requirement, I believe they'll keep the CoE application process to have strict control over every single one who wish to enter the country. And as long as that continues, I can't see how they could allow commercial flights either, as it would be logistically very difficult. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Susco said:

To me, as long as those ridiculous demands are made like, 14 days forced and overcharged quarantine in a hotel, and a $100.000 covid insurance needed, in my book that means nobody is allowed yet

Those that have to leave to get a new visa after the 26th Sept will be forced to got through these hoops to get back in which sounds to me like a major blood sucking exercise.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jojothai said:

i dont think they are considering pensioners much. Its all about spending.

Well, they obviously mean elite pensioners who post on TVF: all high net worth Big Spenders (esp of other posters' money) and pillars of the Thai economy. Finally The Authorities are recognizing the fact. 

2 hours ago, jojothai said:

Have married people been included in any of the groups stated so far?

Yes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, webfact said:

Deputy army chief Natthapon Nakpanich said that these groups have high spending power

Ahhh, finally they admit we aren't the dregs of society and they want the money we bring in from outside of Thailand.

<laughs>

• Like 1

Finally there is a new General in town making some sense 

we are the ones looking after you owe and our loved ones all ways spending and giving a big part of the fabric 

but we were forgotten about and still are the old General dose not know how to get it kicking again