Thailand's entire tourism industry will collapse if foreign tourists are not allowed back, industry leader

webfact

1 hour ago, CG1 Blue said:

You may have some valid points, but how do you explain tourism to Thailand reaching a record high of nearly 40 million in 2019? 

in one word: PROPAGANDA.

and for the classification of countries depend about human rights and development, this will have a reason to exist more or less in direct relation with that maybe...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_Human_Development_Index

https://www.msci.com/documents/1296102/1330218/MSCI-Country-Classification-Standard-cfs-en.pdf/959ca805-4e33-95a4-1aad-b953688db19d?t=1562142713120

https://www.traffickingmatters.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/hrw_world_report_2019.pdf 

(page number 573 for Thailand in 2019)

https://www.amfori.org/sites/default/files/amfori BSCI CRC V2019 Final.pdf

Shall i help you to understand this point relatively to the world usual measured practices.

Edited by jerolamo

10 hours ago, ajarnmarc said:

How does a persons weight or appearance "many of them pot-bellied guests in this country" relate to expressions or experiences which people have had within the country, and are describing here?

A sly, spiteful jab. Aside from jibes like Thais killing the golden goose (which is warranted with the way they tend to view foreigners), I don't see folk revelling in Thais' suffering. They have gone all wishy-washy, I hate my own kind tropo by the looks. Perhaps the 69 in john69 refers to IQ? :tongue: 

• Haha 1

Foreign tourists with half a brain will not even entertain this type of handling... being expected to quarantine for 14 days at their expense and then hemmed in. But the powers that be KNOW this. The appeal of Thailand is/was (ever-decreasing) easy going lifestyle. Jump on a plane, sit on a beach, have fun. None of that in the above, for 14 days at least. To make it more palatable, they could waive the cost of the 14 days, but then who has 6 weeks to spare for a two week break in lala land? As said, the twits know exactly what they are doing and the decimation of status quo tourism was always on the cards. 

• Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, daveAustin said:

Foreign tourists with half a brain will not even entertain this type of handling... being expected to quarantine for 14 days at their expense and then hemmed in. But the powers that be KNOW this. The appeal of Thailand is/was (ever-decreasing) easy going lifestyle. Jump on a plane, sit on a beach, have fun. None of that in the above, for 14 days at least. To make it more palatable, they could waive the cost of the 14 days, but then who has 6 weeks to spare for a two week break in lala land? As said, the twits know exactly what they are doing and the decimation of status quo tourism was always on the cards. 

were status quo former visitors to  the los? can,t say i,ve ever seen them there.

18 minutes ago, daveAustin said:

i not understand why it may be already (always ?) on the cards (the decimation of status quo tourism).

I loose the crucial point there. Could you go ahead a bit ?

sincerely.

6 minutes ago, jerolamo said:

i not understand why it may be already (always ?) on the cards (the decimation of status quo tourism).

I loose the crucial point there. Could you go ahead a bit ?

sincerely.

seems to be clear to me, he is saying the authorities are destroying the Thailand of old with and easy going lifestyle and holiday. He is saying that the plan has always been to do this.... not sure I agree with the plan to do it but I do agree with the fact that they are decimating the tourist industry as it used to be..

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, GAZZPA said:

seems to be clear to me, he is saying the authorities are destroying the Thailand of old with and easy going lifestyle and holiday. He is saying that the plan has always been to do this.... not sure I agree with the plan to do it but I do agree with the fact that they are decimating the tourist industry as it used to be..

i understand what he said, but i not understand why you are, or he is thinking that the plan was there already. What is the interest to do that ?

It is difficult to me to be sure about what and how they are thinking (and much more to make a trial of intentions). I'm trying to look at the interest there...

what is the point please ? Why should they would like to decimating the tourist industry ? where are they better and autonomous? what do they have to gain?

17 hours ago, twocatsmac said:

Tourism was up the creek long before corvid 19.

Creating a Phuket leper colony will only serve the rip off merchants preying on tourists, few of whom paid much tax if any at all.

Not really,they will be confined to their quarantine rooms,so no businesses are going to benefit anyway!!

I'm thinking next week they will probably extend the amnesty until January 5 or something until its too late. Phuket model will have some takers but not nearly enough. They did estimate about 400k stuck in thailand.  You kick most of them out for maybe a couple of hundred in the phuket model?

Within the next two weeks the plan will evolve into quarantine Island phuket with pre arrival. Test on arrival.  Test day 14 to leave the Island and test day 21 to 28 if your still in thailand travel around. Yes that is alot of test at 3000thb per but they is really their best possible solution right now.

Still need covid insurance and Probably a few other documents. They should also extend visa stays to 90 day. 

3 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

IMO it just wasn't particularly attractive to anyone wanting a quality experience beyond lying by a pool getting pi**ed.

You missed out banging ho's .....

lying by the pool, getting pi**ed and banging ho's sounds like the perfect holiday to me!

I've essentially spent the last twelve years of my life doing just that.

Wasn't that the basis of Thailand's entire tourist industry since the 1960?

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 2

Even if they do open the borders, the assumption that there's a long line of tourists just waiting to fly into Amazing Thailand and willing to do just about anything (quarantine) is absolutely ridiculous.

Yes, there are a lot of people waiting for the borders to open so they can return to Thailand; retirees, stranded family members, and some hardcore tourists but this is a drop in the bucket in the larger scheme of things. The vast majority of people will not consider travelling this year despite the borders being open.

Having said that, I think the borders should be opened and that requirements should be lowered especially from countries with low infection rates. Thailand's apparent zero infection policy, that they have been praised for internationally and would now lose face if they get infections, is going to bite them in the ass in the long run.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

You missed out banging ho's .....

lying by the pool, getting pi**ed and banging ho's sounds like the perfect holiday to me!

I've essentially spent the last twelve years of my life doing just that.

Wasn't that the basis of Thailand's entire tourist industry since the 1960?

24/7

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, PatrickC said:

Some English tourists love these package holidays where they fly to a resort and don't leave.

Could potentially work targeting them.

I did a few, not so bad. Went to Jamaica and stayed in the resort, basically it was too dangerous to go outside. But you need all the facilities in the resort to keep people happy.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Henryford said:

I did a few, not so bad. Went to Jamaica and stayed in the resort, basically it was too dangerous to go outside. But you need all the facilities in the resort to keep people happy.

I've done a few of them all inclusive resort holidays, twice in Jamaica, Bahamas Dominican Republic and Venezuela great if you have kids but even the best hotels in Thailand are not a patch on them places  

Edited by ChipButty
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, john69 said:

I've seen some callous comments on TV over the years, but these are more callous than most. Amazing how TV readers, many of them pot-bellied guests in this country, make light of millions of Thais being pushed into poverty by this crisis.

"I am all right jack " comes to mind .No empathy for others.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, CelticBhoy said:

"They suggested that Thai domestic tourism is just not the answer."

That's a shame. I enjoy celebrating Songkhran every month.

Probably going to have to work a full month in October . . . . ????

A full month without the schools, the unelected soldiers offices etc being closed for even a day???????