ASQ Conditions

petedk

17 hours ago, treetops said:

The requirements are on the website in Thai, but no, a residence (do you mean a house/apartment/condo?) would not qualify.

http://hsscovid.com/

Uhm. That's not what I am experiencing.

Just opposite us is a compound with 2 houses in it. They have been renting out the houses for 220,000 Baht each a month for the past few years. Recently, they renovated the houses and some "weird" Thai people moved into one of the houses. The other house was (even last night) being used as a party house for Hi-so. I often saw the young "pretties" coming out at 6 am and the road was full of big cars.

Anyway, yesterday 3 minivans parked outside left their motors running for a good 20 minutes or more, until I could no longer stand the smell, so I went out and politely asked them to turn off the motors. They did so and I asked what was happening as I saw guys in uniform (not sure if army or immigration). To my surprise they said that "many foreigners would be staying here in ASQ". I was surprised and in fact didn't ask more questions. (Which annoys me now).

So I don't know if they were just inspecting the house or whether they were actually preparing for the foreigners to move in. I have seen the same vans there before, so I assume they are preparing to move in.

I forgot to mention that the drivers of the vans were all wearing a uniform from the "XXXX Embassy, so I guess it is possible that people quarantined may be diplomats.

Sorry, I won't name the embassy. 

I don't want to complain.

I always thought that ASQ took place at hotels or resorts. I just wondered why and how that house could be used at ASQ.

At the same time I am a little worried because I can't see any form of security, so supposing the people inside decide to go for a walk to 7/11 or wherever, who is to stop them? I am in the "vulnerable" class of people with respiratory problems and don't want to risk being infected.

Well it appears to me that the O/P has already answered his own question. (providing we accept the word of the guys in uniform)

But what is your concern @petedk? Folks in quarantine are 'confined to barracks' (as we used to say) and even if they did go astray, you know the precautions to take. We all should do by now.

It certainly wouldn't worry me too much even though I too am in the vulnerable group. (by age at least)

This is supervised by a special department of the Thai health ministry. Open their website English version and you'll quickly find links to Covid 19 and ASQ.

I think you'll find your answer there. If you call you'll get smoothly transferred to an English speaker.

Good luck 

• Like 1

On 8/29/2020 at 4:59 AM, petedk said:

I forgot to mention that the drivers of the vans were all wearing a uniform from the "XXXX Embassy, so I guess it is possible that people quarantined may be diplomats.

Sorry, I won't name the embassy. 

Diplomats can do home quarantine.

On 8/29/2020 at 9:51 AM, petedk said:

Uhm. That's not what I am experiencing.

Just opposite us is a compound with 2 houses in it. They have been renting out the houses for 220,000 Baht each a month for the past few years. Recently, they renovated the houses and some "weird" Thai people moved into one of the houses. The other house was (even last night) being used as a party house for Hi-so. I often saw the young "pretties" coming out at 6 am and the road was full of big cars.

Anyway, yesterday 3 minivans parked outside left their motors running for a good 20 minutes or more, until I could no longer stand the smell, so I went out and politely asked them to turn off the motors. They did so and I asked what was happening as I saw guys in uniform (not sure if army or immigration). To my surprise they said that "many foreigners would be staying here in ASQ". I was surprised and in fact didn't ask more questions. (Which annoys me now).

So I don't know if they were just inspecting the house or whether they were actually preparing for the foreigners to move in. I have seen the same vans there before, so I assume they are preparing to move in.

Only approved hotels are allowed for the 14 days quarantine for foreigners. If you're staying in Thailand you should know that. 

1 minute ago, Max69xl said:

Only approved hotels are allowed for the 14 days quarantine for foreigners. If you're staying in Thailand you should know that. 

Yes I do know that. I asked because I KNOW that house is going to be used for ASQ, but what I didn't know at that time was who was going to stay there.

You haven't read all my posts.

The house I am talking about IS a residential property and IS going to be used for ASQ . It is a very special case.

It has been checked by embassy officials, military and others. Today health officials and medical teams came to do something in the house (I assume disinfect).

• Like 1