What’s your gut feeling on if they will extend the amnesty

What’s your gut feeling on if they will extend the amnesty?  

311 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 hours ago, JacksSmirkingRevenge said:

I feel the amnesty will be extended until 2021.  No borders are opening by Sept. 26.  Not much will have changed since they announced the amnesty extension.  It's the same as it was.  And no borders open.  

UK border open now.

EVA flying to London on 6th and 13th September

Edited by Enoon

No need to worry, you can get a new extension in the last week before it ends if no extension.

Thai Immigration is staffed to deal with 40M foreigners a year.

There's hardly any of us left, if we all went on the same day they'd have enough staff to deal with us all.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Enoon said:

UK border open now.

EVA flying to London on 6th and 13th September

Klm also has outbound flights available from Bangkok and has connection flights available to Heathrow U.K. with approx. 2 hours departure after arrival , Amsterdam Schiphol is World hub airport.

But must look under single flights on website ,as the regular lines are always suspended now

Edited by david555

14 minutes ago, pontious said:

The also say for compelling reasons. Medical or unable to travel. You will have to satisfy IO why you cannot leave. The letter on it,s own will not work. It just says they have no objection.

You don't know that. Pure speculation. Look at all the jibber jabber on the reopening of tourism to know that talk is cheap in the LOS.

Edited by vermin on arrival
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, pontious said:

The also say for compelling reasons. Medical or unable to travel. You will have to satisfy IO why you cannot leave. The letter on it,s own will not work. It just says they have no objection.

No,I just read the letter and it does not say anything about compelling reasons, medical or unable to travel.maybe your talking about the old Letter.this letter was only sent out last Thursday.

• Like 2

Hi - could anyone suggest any IOs renowned for being particularly relaxed? I have an unused extension to a TR60, entering in March, and want to give myself the best shot at successfully using it. I don’t mind intra-provincial travel if that gets the job done. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

1 minute ago, louthlincs said:

Hi - could anyone suggest any IOs renowned for being particularly relaxed? I have an unused extension to a TR60, entering in March, and want to give myself the best shot at successfully using it. I don’t mind intra-provincial travel if that gets the job done. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Then you should need to move officially and first rapport your address to that so friendly and relaxed immigration office ….as you could probably only be helped by the one you reside officially under .

Could be done ...but keep the timeline in order...

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Jack Hna said:

Cannot be clearer. Plain as day. Worrying for nothing. His words not mine. Told me what I'm relaying to you right now. Stop being a pusssy apply some common sense and save 27k. 

Hey now...I only expect that type of bullying from IOs. Cool it Jack! ????

1 hour ago, Peter Denis said:

Are you saying that the Agent refused to accept your case, because he believes there will be no need for his service because of an Amnesty extension in the pipeline?

I find that hard to believe so would be interested to hear the background of his refusal.

Got denied by a reputable agent but now I know how they work I understand the shadowy grey matter they exist within and unfortunately like so many here, difficult to give too much info. 

As with all Info on this site gonna just have to choose a side and roll with it

42 minutes ago, edwardandtubs said:

Not so. If he's a tourist he can just check into any hotel like a normal tourist. Tourists don't "move officially".

Depends how he is inscribed and known by immigration in their files now.

9 minutes ago, Jack Hna said:

Got denied by a reputable agent but now I know how they work I understand the shadowy grey matter they exist within and unfortunately like so many here, difficult to give too much info. 

As with all Info on this site gonna just have to choose a side and roll with it

I'm sure if this agent was able to get you a visa he would have been happy to empty your wallet regardless of whether he thought it was necessary. Sounds like he's just trying to big himself up. I wouldn't make plans based on his BS.

• Like 1

How many are of us on amnesty now paying in and supporting the country?  Me thinks that they don't have the resources to bang us all up in a IDC that also has a drain on the inland revenues pocket.  20,000Baht (max fine) maybe worth it, if you value your life rather than returning to a covid hot spot.  But this is T.I.T. 

30 minutes ago, edwardandtubs said:

I'm sure if this agent was able to get you a visa he would have been happy to empty your wallet regardless of whether he thought it was necessary. Sounds like he's just trying to big himself up. I wouldn't make plans based on his BS.

I checked a box and that box made my plans clearer. Amnesty is on. 4 months.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Jack Hna said:

I checked a box and that box made my plans clearer. Amnesty is on. 4 months.

I agree with you. Some form of extended amnesty is likely. But why are you being so mysterious about your situation?   "I checked a box." What box? "I got denied." Why? 

• Like 1

Just now, audaciousnomad said:

I agree with you. Some form of extended amnesty is likely. But why are you being so mysterious about your situation?   "I checked a box." What box? "I got denied." Why? 

There is no mystery. I found an agent after doing some checks chatted to him explained my amnesty status. Told me if I have the stomach for it, wait for the amnesty announcement. So I was given a choice and there's nothing else to say unless you want to hear what he said about those that do not have the stomach for it.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Jack Hna said:

There is no mystery. I found an agent after doing some checks chatted to him explained my amnesty status. Told me if I have the stomach for it, wait for the amnesty announcement. So I was given a choice and there's nothing else to say unless you want to hear what he said about those that do not have the stomach for it.

I sincerely hope that Agent is right, as it would be a relief for many that are with their backs against the wall.

But allow me to be somewhat skeptical that there will be once again a 'last minute' blanket Amnesty extension.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Daithi85 said:

No,I just read the letter and it does not say anything about compelling reasons, medical or unable to travel.maybe your talking about the old Letter.this letter was only sent out last Thursday.

770991903_Screenshot_2020-08-30COVID-19InformationUSEmbassyConsulateinThailand.png.c2761451de9baf888e96e6fb77718047.png

Edited by pontious

18 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

I sincerely hope that Agent is right, as it would be a relief for many that are with their backs against the wall.

But allow me to be somewhat skeptical that there will be once again a 'last minute' blanket Amnesty extension.

Amnesty or other option. They will appear. Many types in the same boat, offshore workers, nomads, dad's, the pandemic is not a reason to change anything it's just a bad situation which will end. 

11 hours ago, pontious said:

770991903_Screenshot_2020-08-30COVID-19InformationUSEmbassyConsulateinThailand.png.c2761451de9baf888e96e6fb77718047.png

You will have to show compelling reasons. The US letter just says they have no objection.

You will have to demonstrate compelling reasons for not departing. The letter just says they have no objection. The actual Immigration instruction says the letter from the embassy should give the reason why you cannot travel. The embassy will not do that .

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pontious said:

You will have to show compelling reasons. The US letter just says they have no objection.

You will have to demonstrate compelling reasons for not departing. The letter just says they have no objection. The actual Immigration instruction says the letter from the embassy should give the reason why you cannot travel. The embassy will not do that .

Maybe. We shall see how it plays out.

6 minutes ago, pontious said:

They also say this earlier in the letter. "We wish to refer to the unique global transportation restrictions caused by the pandemic outbreak of COVID-19, and its effects on international travel. The Embassy of the United States of America requests these special circumstances be considered for U.S. citizens who remain in Thailand on temporary visas and wish to apply for temporary extensions of stay from the Immigration Bureau of the Royal Thai Police."

7 minutes ago, pontious said:

Don't be so sure, it remains to be seen how much interest Immigration gives to the precise wording of a foreign embassy's letter, when they have their own guidelines and ideas of how to handle things. The USA does not make the law in the whole world just yet.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Almudena said:

How many are of us on amnesty now paying in and supporting the country?  Me thinks that they don't have the resources to bang us all up in a IDC that also has a drain on the inland revenues pocket.  20,000Baht (max fine) maybe worth it, if you value your life rather than returning to a covid hot spot.  But this is T.I.T. 

Please, Covid isn't Ebola. You're not in danger by returning to Europe or North America.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1