What’s your gut feeling on if they will extend the amnesty

What’s your gut feeling on if they will extend the amnesty?  

311 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

9 hours ago, BritTim said:

If there are outbound flights that are leaving half empty, as you suggest, what is the problem with people booking seats and leaving?

I agree with those who say it would be logical to allow most people already here to stay. However, trying to make up reasons why people cannot leave is counterproductive, as are arguments based on what is best for the foreigners who are here.

If they are abiding by social distancing then they would be half empty as the rule is 1 metre apart I for one wouldn’t go on an aircraft with an occupant in every seat .

4 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Only if it was extended. If not extended i would guess that would happen on about the 15th or 16th. 

They certainly would not wait until last few days to announce no more extensions.

I think we are in agreement, but phrase it differently.

1 - There would be no need for a No More Extensions announcement from Immigration, as that is what they have been saying all the time already.

2 - An announcement on 15/16 Sept with other options than the Embassy letter to get hold of a 'special extension' would imo be 'last minute' for those that are not able to meet the requirements after 26 Sept.

3 - If the Free Stamp (to regularize your Amnesty extension, in order to be able to meet the 'valid' permission to stay criterion for extension-applications imposed by some IOs) is indeed already rolled-out since last week, an Immigration Announcement should be released any moment now to communicate this practice.  Otherwise how are those for who it is intended be able to know that this is now possible after being turned away earlier for not having a 'valid' permission to stay when applying for an extension? 

At present nobody knows because of contradicting signals > the HuaHin Free stamp sample vs the TVF member applying for it last Friday and getting 'blank stares' from his IO.

I think that as long as the borders are closed and the SOE extended month after month, they will continue the amnesty. There cannot be too many people with using the amnesty now to remain in Thailand, most will have gone home. 

• Like 2

I think it will be (ie my opinion :whistling:) only extended to the Non-O visa types based solely on the fact that the boarders are still closed. I tourist visa folks will get the shaft and told to book a flight. Then again, since they are already here, not on the dole, obviously spending some money and no other tourist can get in, 'maybe' the government ministers who make this decision will figure that out and decide not to kick them out this month. They/we can only hope...

Keep the borders closed. Keep the people who are here, here. That's what I say!!

Edited by AgMech Cowboy
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, Seik said:

No offense meant, but your use of "They" show you are not able to make the distinction between the government and immigration, making your opinion worthless.

Whether it's government or/and immigration, it isn't important. In the end it will probably be = No extension of amnesty.

Edited by ThLT
  • Haha 1

"I've heard they are potentially going to be doing a travel bubble in Phuket from October 1 and restrict people to only staying there... which leads to me thinking why on earth would they expect thousands of us to pack up and go 4 days earlier ? (September 26)."

The proposed date for the "Phuket model" if it's accepted has nothing to do with the date when they eventually will end the amnesty. The amnesty is exactly 6 months from March 26. And even if you would like to go to Phuket while in Thailand, you can't. It will, as announced be open only for charter tourists in small groups. 

9 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

"I've heard they are potentially going to be doing a travel bubble in Phuket from October 1 and restrict people to only staying there... which leads to me thinking why on earth would they expect thousands of us to pack up and go 4 days earlier ? (September 26)."

The proposed date for the "Phuket model" if it's accepted has nothing to do with the date when they eventually will end the amnesty. The amnesty is exactly 6 months from March 26. And even if you would like to go to Phuket while in Thailand, you can't. It will, as announced be open only for charter tourists in small groups.

What do you mean you can't go to Phuket if your already here?of course you can it's not been caged off you know.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, shackleton said:

If you are British then contact the British Embassy who are helping people get flights out

No good trying to explain to the Thai immigration your reasons for not doing so on or before the 26th September

And OF COURSE....you know it is no good because you yourself have tried, right?  ????

13 minutes ago, shackleton said:

If you are British then contact the British Embassy who are helping people get flights out

No good trying to explain to the Thai immigration your reasons for not doing so on or before the 26th September

Why the need to contact the British Embassy ?

You can book flights with the airlines , no need to involve the B.E

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, audaciousnomad said:

And OF COURSE....you know it is no good because you yourself have tried, right?  ????

I don't need to i have the yearly non o I am not a tourist

Just saying if some people  cant afford to pay the airlines  try contacting 

The British Embassy to help out or get some advice  on the way forward

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Pilotman said:

some flights out. hardly plenty and the ones that are flying have a nasty habit of cancelling flights at short notice.  

Do your due diligence on what is operating and what is not and you should have no problem in booking an  operational flight.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, vermin on arrival said:

So FYI everyone, I called immigration 1178 hotline today. The staff member said that with US embassy letter will be no problem to get a 30 day extension. No special explanation would be required and she believed no under consideration stamp would be needed, but a straight 30 day stamp would be given (i found the last bit strange). Since I was in BKK she suggested making an appointment at MTT for 1 week before the 26th and she said the 30 days would start from Sept 27. Maybe this one is slightly off topic here,but thought it would be helpful here.

Do you mean people who didn't already get a 30 day extension on their TV? I had a 60 day and extended it in early March already so not sure if that applies to me. Also, I'm not American. Nit sure if the UK embassy is doing the letter thing again. Anyway, thanks for the post. I didn't even know that had a hotline.

2 hours ago, Jackcwba said:

Let’s kick all the amnesty milkers out on 26th September but let’s open up to tourism in Phuket 5 days later.

Something in that direction for sure. 

I am not gonna take chances on this, specially not in the current situation. My one year extension with multi re-entry is supposed to be done in a few weeks more, no more immigration for a year at least and then just do the yearly extension only. 90 days serviced too.

Edited by ChaiyaTH

1 hour ago, stephen tracy said:

Do you mean people who didn't already get a 30 day extension on their TV? I had a 60 day and extended it in early March already so not sure if that applies to me. Also, I'm not American. Nit sure if the UK embassy is doing the letter thing again. Anyway, thanks for the post. I didn't even know that had a hotline.

No the 30 day covid emergency extension with amnesty letter for people who already have used their extensions.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, G950 said:

The wording last time was clear, find a proper long term visa or leave. 

Agree, I suspect many people being careless at the moment and that we will get many overstay and blacklist topics in the future.

5 hours ago, shackleton said:

I don't need to i have the yearly non o I am not a tourist

Just saying if some people  cant afford to pay the airlines  try contacting 

The British Embassy to help out or get some advice  on the way forward

Seriously you think the reason for not wanting to leave is down to cost of a flight out? 

So where all all the GoFundMe campaign a of that's the case?

Anyone that had no option to leave left ages ago. 

The people here have options.