What’s your gut feeling on if they will extend the amnesty

What’s your gut feeling on if they will extend the amnesty?  

311 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

If they continue amnesty, its same that say we are not going to open coundry!Same to say all who is stuck outside Thailand"we not do anything about you"! I think stop that one and continue life! Try find the way how things going safe whitout stupid rools! 

• Confused 1

35 minutes ago, lovesthespicy said:

I don't think amnesty will be extended. I think that those who can get a letter from their embassy like what the USA is currently offering and have 1900 baht will be able to get another 30 days though. 

If it will somehow depend on a letter from the embassy, then prepare for a bunch of other requirements from the IO. This is what happened in March. 

My own guess about the amnesty is 50/50. It is really unpredictable this time.

Edited by Zikomat
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Daithi85 said:

Amnesty will be extended or an option to apply for 30 day extensions will be made available.with the American Embassy now giving out letters again something has obviously changed.there is no way people will be thrown out on the 26th Imagine the bad publicity.????????????????

Is the American Embassy giving letters?  A while ago they said no letters. 

47 minutes ago, JacksSmirkingRevenge said:

I feel the amnesty will be extended until 2021.  No borders are opening by Sept. 26.  Not much will have changed since they announced the amnesty extension.  It's the same as it was.  And no borders open. 

Your comment suggests that you think, once the borders re-open, everything will go back to pre-covid day regarding the ease of obtaining short term visas from nearby countries.

But, when the latest rules were issued for the last amnesty, it was made clear that, generally, anybody wishing to stay long term needed to have an extension of stay and everybody just on short term visas should leave before 26th Sept if they didn't want to get an extension. I think this probably suggests the Government want all long stay people to to do so using an extension instead of using repeated temporary visas to stay long term.

Just my opinion but I think it's quite possible that, because they brought in those rules now, when the borders re-open, they will bring in some restrictions on obtaining a short visa at the same time.

A few years ago, to restrict people staying continually/long term on 30 day border runs, they brought in a rule that restricted land border entries to two per year. It wouldn't surprise me if they brought in something similar with regards to short term tourist, non O, 30 day entry stamps once the borders re-open.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

They shall just extend with possibility to make a correct visa ,so pushing as many they can to ext. on ret. Married or whatever with needed financials etc. , but trying to get rid of the visa exempts or short time tourists ,as that last group has no normal visa to stay longtime , as the name itself already indicates.

• Confused 1

19 minutes ago, david555 said:

They shall just extend with possibility to make a correct visa ,so pushing as many they can to ext. on ret. Married or whatever with needed financials etc. , but trying to get rid of the visa exempts or short time tourists ,as that last group has no normal visa to stay longtime , as the name itself already indicates.

The letter from the American Embassy clearly states that it's for people on short term visas looking for Short term extensions,id think that they know alot more than any of us,and I highly doubt they just decided to give out these letters for the fun of it.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Daithi85 said:

The letter from the American Embassy clearly states that it's for people on short term visas looking for Short term extensions,id think that they know alot more than any of us,and I highly doubt they just decided to give out these letters for the fun of it.

So they are able to make other staying solutions probably ,like those I made example ,....and yes they probably know a lot more than us here.....who all hope in their own wanted solution and case 

• Like 2