Biden condemns Portland violence, says Trump 'recklessly encouraging' it

webfact

4 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

Sounds like some sort of INFOWARS narrative. Europeans couldn't care less about the US.

They might not care about the USA, but a lot of conspiracy theories seem to revolve around Trump being the saviour. I like to read comments on YouTube and UK online newspapers.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, RoadWarrior371 said:

C'mon Biden, take ownership for your party's own civil unrest.  We have Democrats on record inciting unrest, you can't spin this one fool.

Perhaps he can spin other fools? You might want to insert a comma, but not sure of your intent.

"you can't spin this one fool". Implies he can't spin you and you identify as a fool.

"you can't spin this one, fool." suggests he can't spin the story and you think he is a fool.

Along the lines of "Let's eat grandma" v "Let's eat, grandma"

I'm from Portland. Clackamas Center (location caravan began) is where we had a mass gun shooting some years ago.

Just too many guns in the wrong hands. I don't mind guns in right hands. Have many responsible gun owner friends in Oregon

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, watso63 said:

Well, at least the choice is clear. Law and order or more looting and violence.

Have some more Kool-aid.

You appear to have swallowed the narrative, hook, line and sinker.

Any protester is the radical left and Trump is your savior. right ????

Edited by Peterw42
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Peterw42 said:

Have some more Kool-aid.

Kool-aid? I know what violence, theft, burning building's and rioting looks like. The USA has a justice system that holds wrong doing to account. OK, it's not perfect and needs reform but burning down building's and looting from business owner's isn't the way to achieve this. It just sows the seeds of resentment, hatred, fear and polarisation. Any future leader should join together and condemn this behaviour, not blame each other for political gain.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Peterw42 said:

I couldn't agree more but when trump stands up and attributes any and all violence to the "radical left", that is not leadership, its inciting hatred and fear for political gain.

Maybe you're right, nothing radical about it, all been done before in many countries around the world and extreme politics on the left or right always ends in death and destruction.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tug said:

Sure that one is easy peasy

when he sent in the unmarked cameo guys to beat up the mommies in Portland are you saying the mommies were un washed?

C'mon man, stop trollin' us.  You are literally cracking me up.  Nobody is dumb enough to believe that drivel.  Are you a comedian?

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, loong said:

Actually, the initial looting and violence were in response to a black person being killed by law enforcement officers. I have not seen a shred of evidence that suggests that racism was the reason for the death.

If a black person is killed by a white person, that does not automatically make it racist as so many people seem to think.

If one race is dying at a greater percentage than another race, during arrests or. custody, is that not an indication that race is being treated differently, ie: racism.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Mr. Biden's message was pretty clear: People should stop behaving violently and being jerks. It applies to everyone.   The violence will only result in more death, destruction and despair.

Surely, Americans can do better than attacking and killing each other.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

It doesnt matter that one race commits more crime than another race, it the "percentage " that die during an arrest. Arrest 100 of one race and 3 people die, arrest 100 of another race and 10 people die. That is nothing to do with how much crime, its to do with surviving an arrest due to race.

No Peter, you are wrong, it does actually matter if one race commits a lot more crime, because as you will no doubt understand the race that commits more crime will have far more encounters with police.

Therefore purely statistically speaking the likelihood of the race which engages in crime more often having fatal encounters with police is significantly higher, if that race has a significantly higher percentage of encounters with police.

How can you say it does not matter if one race with 13% of the population has 53% of homicides in its ledger? That shows very clearly that this particular race has a far greater propensity towards violent crime. Therefore more encounters with police, so that is extremely relevant to the statistics you referred to.

Edited by Logosone
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, RoadWarrior371 said:

Actually, more unarmed white people are killed by cops than blacks each year.  Trump did NOT comment nor condemn any of those cases either.  So you are saying that Trump's silence in this one case is 'inciting'.  Thanks for some insight into the leftist warped mind, you may want to stop while you are behind.

You don’t know me so I would advise you not to assume to much but you would be correct to assume I think trump and his brand of division and corruption are the greatest threat to our democracy my country has faced he does nothing to unite everything to divide as long as it is to his advantage he is what he is 

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1