Police bust gang of con-artists

snoop1130

7 hours ago, Falcon said:

What a racist <deleted> you are Richard, and you are from...? Wherever your from, we should probably ask the question “are there any honest (insert your country here) And should all (insert your country here) be deported because Richard is a complete racist A$$?

there are plenty of honest Africans living in Thailand, just that as they are law abiding, you don’t hear anything about them. Just as anyone and people from any country, the bad ones cause the good ones to be all tarred with the same brush.

I'm also a "Race is a social construct" kinda guy.  If only we could get the racist facts and statistics to consider our feelings then we wouldn't have to virtue signal so much.

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, saminoz said:

Name three!!

I think Richard's point is that they do seem to have a very prominent position in the online scams that are reported and, of course, Nigeria is the home of the renowned 419 scam.

You can go ahead and call me racist, which would be stupid as I have worked and lived over 25 years across Africa (so, at least I know what I am talking about), but when you think about it, I am just a realist and call a spade a spade.

ps  Was the "tarred" reference a racist jibe?!!

Shame on you!

????

Nigeria, Ghana, Togo, etc. These places have a culture of fraud. Racist is a term used by people who feel they’re entitled to rip off others and commit other crimes while claiming to be the victim themselves. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, scorecard said:

In my uni in Bkk we had many MBA students from various African countries, the vast majority very good and diligent students polite, worked well in small teams, good contributions to class room discussions, always helpful, good grades, and they just ignored the regular negative comments from the 'white' guys. 

Okay, of course there are good People from those countries, but a disproportionately large number of bad ones also - who enjoy screwing whitey over.

Edited by DBath
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

The Chinese have done exceptionally well in West Africa.

Used to be vice versa as well, until Chinese had enough of it...

https://theasiadialogue.com/2019/08/28/cleaning-up-guangzhous-african-enclave-a-historical-perspective/

Some African nations like Nigeria are hotbeds for scams. Cultural thing. Same can be said for some other countries as well, Bangladesh springs to mind. Basically common knowledge but the screaming SJW PC crowd is trying to stop people form stating common sense. Would you buy a used car from a Norwegian (non-immigrant native) or a Bangladeshi seller?

22 hours ago, ChaiyaTH said:

A business man making a deal worth 300 million, for example.

It is a sign of the times where deals are done online and with a faceless " Business Contacts " .

One reason to always do deals on a face to face basis.

The Eyes will always give their game always if they have one.

22 hours ago, anterian said:

Anyone doing business with a West African needs to tread very carefully.

I'm impressed with your intelligence. You're obviously right, no racism detected here.

I'm British, I have a stockpile of gloves worth 5m baht, send me 1m cash and I'll send them to you... you give me another 4m on delivery ???? sorted.

African in Thailand, ting tong, something wrong.

57 million Baht, that is really a pile of gloves, almost 2 million Dollar, ting tong

Weird they busted them and ONLY 1 GUY is telling !! Ah, ok the other ones, big shots, were busy with the Belgian actor. 

11 hours ago, asean said:

I am still laughing at how all of a sudden every man and his dog was a glove and mask dealer/agent with "special allocations" when all the glove manufacturers we warning about all these scams right on the front page of their websites. I know dozens of people that got burned and i would always ask the same question. Why would anyone go through you when they can just contact the factories direct.

Not everyone got scammed. My wife did a $10 million USD ( not baht ) deal with Germany during the covid-hoax and went through a middle man in Thailand that supplies all the hi-so clinics in Bangkok. She fronted the money in advance. 50% up front, 50% on receipt of goods. Granted she's Thai and has connections at the very top but still, point being that it's not always a terrible idea to go through a middleman, especially when you can 5x a 10 milly USD investment within a day. 10 milly to 50 milly in a day. Easy money. Though does entertain significant risk so don't try this at home kids unless you roll DEEP, and I mean DEEP, pockets. Really just depends on who you're dealing with in Thailand. Lots of great folks here at the upper end of the spectrum.

Why use a middleman vs going to 3M factory directly? The problem is you need the right contacts in Germany, for example she doesn't have contacts at the 3M factory in Germany. Also, back in late January, when she was doing this deal, your connect needed to have some serious pull to get stuff out of 3M in Germany. Remember, both the USA and China had gotten into a mask bid war and were buying up everything in site. Fortunately the wife got a head start on the US and was able get a nice 5x return on her investment. She dumped that return into a 3x leverage ETN called FNGU ( we knew the economy would rapidly bounce back since the entire thing was an orchestrated hoax used to tank the global economy ) and she's up almost 600% on 50 million USD since March. The wife rolls deep, and I mean deep...and she's' only 30, comes from the poor part of Thailand and grew up on a dirt floor with zero help from anyone. She is proof that Thailand truly is the land of both opportunity and smiles. Greatest country on the planet...by far. 

Edited by Pracha Duang
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, asean said:

i would always ask the same question. Why would anyone go through you when they can just contact the factories direct.

You'd be a great guy to have around after a crisis. 

11 hours ago, Falcon said:

What a racist <deleted> you are Richard, and you are from...? Wherever your from, we should probably ask the question “are there any honest (insert your country here) And should all (insert your country here) be deported because Richard is a complete racist A$$?

there are plenty of honest Africans living in Thailand, just that as they are law abiding, you don’t hear anything about them. Just as anyone and people from any country, the bad ones cause the good ones to be all tarred with the same brush.

Ah the racist card, I knew it wouldn't be long in coming out. I worked in oil and gas and in Africa for a decade all the companies I worked for refused to supply anything to local African companies without cash up front. Was that also racist? As for the post that lit your fuse, stereotypes come about for a reason, people don't just dream them up. It may not be fair but that's the world we live in. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Racist posts removed.   Continue and face a suspension.  

11) You will not post slurs, degrading or overly negative comments directed towards Thailand, specific locations, Thai institutions such as the judicial or law enforcement system, Thai culture, Thai people or any other group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.

The rules are here:   https://forum.thaivisa.com/terms/

1 hour ago, scorecard said:

What do you mean?

NBA - National Basketball Association, or what?

No - MBA is Master of Business Administration.

There are many kinds of people from West Africa - many are well educated, some are more desperate to make money by any means.

It pays not to be stupid, but it doesn't pay to be racist. I've had dealings with people in the past - and I simply air my predjudices and they generally understand that there are many dodgy WA people here - but then again you should also be very careful with Farang strangers you meet here. My experience is that the much aligned Thai population are generally the safest of people to deal with - if you're not entirely stupid that is (remembering being recommended someone selling 'grey import' Mac Pro computers for 40,000 and collecting a few payments to 'release' the goods from customs before evapourating).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ben2talk said:

No - MBA is Master of Business Administration.

There are many kinds of people from West Africa - many are well educated, some are more desperate to make money by any means.

It pays not to be stupid, but it doesn't pay to be racist. I've had dealings with people in the past - and I simply air my predjudices and they generally understand that there are many dodgy WA people here - but then again you should also be very careful with Farang strangers you meet here. My experience is that the much aligned Thai population are generally the safest of people to deal with - if you're not entirely stupid that is (remembering being recommended someone selling 'grey import' Mac Pro computers for 40,000 and collecting a few payments to 'release' the goods from customs before evapourating).

On 9/1/2020 at 1:10 PM, scorecard said:

In my uni in Bkk we had many MBA students from various African countries

Response: Do you mean the NBA?

some confusion here. I understand very well what MBA means (Masters Degree in Business administration), I have lectured many MBA and Executive/advanced MBA programs and I hold an MBA.

A previous poster wrote NBA, therefore I asked for clarification of NBA.

Edited by scorecard

On 8/31/2020 at 5:41 AM, Mavideol said:

how stupid, what type of business man does pay in advance

If the comment posts  were limited to the posters that are actual businessmen and have 57 million baht of liquidity we could have a real discussion. ????

On 9/1/2020 at 4:36 PM, Cake Monster said:

It is a sign of the times where deals are done online and with a faceless " Business Contacts " .

One reason to always do deals on a face to face basis.

The Eyes will always give their game always if they have one.

??  If they have one eye, you can tell they are a scammer?

THAT'S what I have been getting wrong then!

I will make sure I stay away from one-eyed Nigerians in the future!

Thanks!

????

On 9/1/2020 at 6:20 PM, Pracha Duang said:

Not everyone got scammed. My wife did a $10 million USD ( not baht ) deal with Germany during the covid-hoax and went through a middle man in Thailand that supplies all the hi-so clinics in Bangkok. She fronted the money in advance. 50% up front, 50% on receipt of goods. Granted she's Thai and has connections at the very top but still, point being that it's not always a terrible idea to go through a middleman, especially when you can 5x a 10 milly USD investment within a day. 10 milly to 50 milly in a day. Easy money. Though does entertain significant risk so don't try this at home kids unless you roll DEEP, and I mean DEEP, pockets. Really just depends on who you're dealing with in Thailand. Lots of great folks here at the upper end of the spectrum.

Why use a middleman vs going to 3M factory directly? The problem is you need the right contacts in Germany, for example she doesn't have contacts at the 3M factory in Germany. Also, back in late January, when she was doing this deal, your connect needed to have some serious pull to get stuff out of 3M in Germany. Remember, both the USA and China had gotten into a mask bid war and were buying up everything in site. Fortunately the wife got a head start on the US and was able get a nice 5x return on her investment. She dumped that return into a 3x leverage ETN called FNGU ( we knew the economy would rapidly bounce back since the entire thing was an orchestrated hoax used to tank the global economy ) and she's up almost 600% on 50 million USD since March. The wife rolls deep, and I mean deep...and she's' only 30, comes from the poor part of Thailand and grew up on a dirt floor with zero help from anyone. She is proof that Thailand truly is the land of both opportunity and smiles. Greatest country on the planet...by far. 

You should look for a book deal!

Great stories.

????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/2/2020 at 12:36 AM, Heppinger said:

Do you mean the NBA?

The question to ask is how did their parents get the money to send the kids abroad?

Mostly it's the corruption of the parents allowing for the kids to get a decent education abroad.

It is so commonplace that if you questioned it, they would think you were barmy!

On 9/2/2020 at 6:54 AM, Stoker58 said:

You have to give respect to West Africans for their ability to repeatedly pull off these high value cons. 

You don't have to give respect.

In fact, DO NOT give respect.

Do not give passports.

Give long jail sentences and sterilisation.

On 8/31/2020 at 9:33 PM, saminoz said:

Name three!!

I think Richard's point is that they do seem to have a very prominent position in the online scams that are reported and, of course, Nigeria is the home of the renowned 419 scam.

You can go ahead and call me racist, which would be stupid as I have worked and lived over 25 years across Africa (so, at least I know what I am talking about), but when you think about it, I am just a realist and call a spade a spade.

ps  Was the "tarred" reference a racist jibe?!!

Shame on you!

????

Well you can't aim that claim at me. I have a verified Nigerian Prince in my family that no one knows about, but he did leave me $25 mil. All I have to do now is find the $100,000 I need for the taxes.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, saminoz said:

??  If they have one eye, you can tell they are a scammer?

THAT'S what I have been getting wrong then!

I will make sure I stay away from one-eyed Nigerians in the future!

Thanks!

????

Hope hes not talking about the one eyed trouser snake....

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I get your point I'm an African from South Africa yes that true anyone do business with Nigerias (some West African countries) if not all needs his /her head examined 

They have never done anything to me but they are known in all Africa they're 419 

The point is yes they spoiling as has African