Trump defends accused Kenosha gunman, saying his life was likely in danger

webfact

17 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I agree... reclaim and defend them from the armed white nationalist militias that have been invading U.S. cities with their assault rifles and such war weapons.

If the rioters and looters and arsonists would stop destroying the cities,  there would be no need for anyone to defend the cities .

Are you an Antifa sympathizer ?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, CorpusChristie said:

He went to protect a car lot from being burned down , it may have been his family's or friends business 

It may have been.....but don't recall anything stated to this effect. Then again, it may have been covfefe.

2 hours ago, MajarTheLion said:

If rioting to extort Americans into acquiescing to BLM and Antifa demands is OK, so is showing up to defend life and property from BLM and Antifa.

Don't imply that is what I said.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MajarTheLion said:

No problem. I'm here to help. Here is a statement from Kyle Rittenhouse's attorneys.

"After Kyle finished his work that day as a community lifeguard in Kenosha, he wanted to help clean up some of the damage, so he and a friend went to the local public high school to remove graffiti by rioters. Later in the day, they received information about a call for help from a local business owner, whose downtown Kenosha auto dealership was largely destroyed by mob violence. The business owner needed help to protect what he had left of his life’s work, including two nearby mechanic’s shops."

The rest of the statement is at:

https://www.scribd.com/document/474027394/Pierce-Bainbridge-Statement-on-Kyle-Rittenhouse-8-28-20

What you linked is the a statement from his lawyers. It's his courtroom version of what happened. It is not objective, nor necessarily correct or truthful. You knew all that when posting. Now, go back to my post and the post I replied to. The poster mused about family or friends. None of that even in the Swiss cheese of a defense you linked.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MajarTheLion said:

So naturally, he did what any red-blooded 17-year-old Wisconsin U.S. kid would do:

--went out and broke a legal curfew

--got an assault rifle he wasn't legally entitled to have or use

--traveled to another city to hang out with a white nationalist extremist and other armed militia

--fatally shot two people and seriously wounded a third

--ends up in jail facing homicide charges....

Well done!!!   :whistling:

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, CorpusChristie said:

If the rioters and looters and arsonists would stop destroying the cities,  there would be no need for anyone to defend the cities .

Are you an Antifa sympathizer ?

what cities are destroyed?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MajarTheLion said:

No problem. I'm here to help. Here is a statement from Kyle Rittenhouse's attorneys.

This is the kind of thing Trump's rhetoric is igniting in the U.S.  From John Pierce, one of Rittenhouse's attorneys:

“Kyle Rittenhouse will go down in American history alongside that brave unknown patriot at Lexington Green who fired ‘The Shot Heard Round the World’ on April 19, 1775,” Pierce wrote in a since-deleted tweet on Tuesday. “A Second American Revolution against Tyranny has begun.”

https://www.thedailybeast.com/john-pierce-the-lawyer-raising-money-for-kenosha-shooter-kyle-rittenhouse-was-sued-for-unpaid-debts?ref=scroll

And as for Pierce himself:

Pierce has extensive personal debts, according to a 2019 court filing made during his custody case. As of November 2019, Pierce claimed in those documents that he owed $850,000 to the IRS, along with an additional $200,000 in other taxes. In total, Pierce claimed to pay nearly $20,000 in monthly payments on various debts. 

There's a lot more in the article re Pierce and his extremist and financially questionable antics... But if I were to post quotes from those sections of the article, I'd probably get banned from the forum for repeating/reposting what this guy has allegedly said.

• Thanks 1

Trump is a dangerous man. A divided. A hater. A quitter. He quits treaties. He quits organizations the US helped found. He quits major agreements with allies. He quits his own businesses, when they start losing money, which has happened with the vast majority of his enterprises. 

The Trump presidency is a wet dream for China. He is creating a leadership vacuum, they are only too willing to fulfill, and he is precipitating their rise as the pre-eminent world power. Just a matter of time. 

• Haha 2

I like how we all have access to the same videos, ergo see the very same thing, but arrive at 2 polar opposite conclusions. How? Why? I dunno, but chances are by the time I turn 40 I probably have given up on my "...but I do think most people are inherently good and not calculating malicious dip<deleted>s on a daily basis" thoughts. I mean, I'd like to be proven wrong by then but the way it's going, eh.

33 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Your nonsense about doubling taxes, and open borders is just that. The big difference between Obama and Trump immigration policy, is that Obama was very tough at the border. But, he also saw the wisdom in allowing the best and the brightest, from all over the world, to come and work in the US, and build the US economy. Anyone really willing to look at the facts, can see that Trump inherited some very strong economic policies and momentum, that Obama created. Then he started a ludicrous trade war with China, and allowed Covid into the US, denied it existed or was a problem for months, and sabotaged most of what he accomplished. He failed. Miserably. Time for him to go. Very soon now. 

Trump did exactly what he was supposed to do !

Let Covid run rampant, in reality it is mostly the elderly, inherently sick, unemployable and burdens on society that are dyeing.

So does it matter ? 

Society won't miss em.

• Sad 5

Here's a good example of Trump's "domestic terrorists," and they are NOT black or BLM:

Militia members face gun charges, alleged to have come to Kenosha 'to pick people off'

Two Missouri men affiliated with a militia group that celebrates Kyle Rittenhouse as a hero on social media are facing federal charges after a witness told law enforcement the men came to Kenosha to loot and “pick people off.”

Michael M. Karmo, 40, and Cody E. Smith, 33, both of Hartville, Mo., are facing federal charges of illegal possession of firearms after being arrested Tuesday at a hotel in Pleasant Prairie.

https://madison.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/militia-members-face-gun-charges-alleged-to-have-come-to-kenosha-to-pick-people-off/article_07ecb274-8ac0-5ba8-afe9-87f7cffd5c5e.html

And what helped draw all the militiamen to Kenosha?  According to the article, former Kenosha Alderman Kevin Mathewson had put out an online call for militias to come to Kenosha last week, posting as “commander” of the Kenosha Guard, a militia group he formed online. His post was shared by the alt-right website Infowars.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

In the case of Rittenhouse, it was illegal in Wisconsin for him to have an assault rifle because he was/is a minor.

In the case of these two dudes, even though they hadn't shot anyone YET, it was illegal for them to have rifles because they had past criminal convictions, according to the article.   And of course, they were/are Trump fans...

Armed with  body armor, tactical gear, an AR-15 rifle, a 12-gauge shotgun, a homemade silencer and two handguns plus ammunition, according to the article.

• Like 1