100 Days without Local COVID Infection in Thailand

snoop1130

100 Days without Local COVID Infection in Thailand

uikyu.PNG

NONTHABURI, Sept 2 (TNA) – Deputy Prime Minister/Public Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul launched a convention fair to stimulate the economy as the country has been free of local infection of the coronavirus disease 2019 for 100 days.

During his opening speech, Mr Anutin said the country had been free of local COVID-19 infection for 100 days and the government was implementing measures to control the disease, stimulate the economy, help people generate income and ensure public safety at the same time.

He said the Thailand Convention and Exhibition Bureau and the Ministry of Public Health developed a system to guarantee hygiene meetings and seminars.

Full Story: https://tna.mcot.net/latest-news-528096

tnalogo.jpg

-- © Copyright TNA 2020-09-02

Thailand Marks 100 Days Without Any Local Virus Cases

By Randy Thanthong-Knight

== Pressure growing to re-open borders to save tourism sector

== Thailand was first to see a case outside of China in January

BL.jpg

Commuters have their temperatures checked at a BTS station in Bangkok on Sept. 2. Photograph: Taylor Weidman/Bloomberg

Thailand has reported zero locally-transmitted Covid-19 cases for 100 days in a row, joining a small group of places like Taiwan where the pathogen has been virtually eliminated.

The Southeast Asian country hasn’t recorded any community transmission since May 26, data from the Health Ministry on Wednesday showed. Authorities are still finding infections among travelers arriving at the tourist hotspot’s borders, but these people are quarantined and only allowed into the community after they’re recovered.

Like Taiwan and New Zealand, another country that made it past 100 days before local infections re-emerged, Thailand’s success has relied on strictly-policed borders that have been closed to foreigners for months. The strategy has come at great cost to Thailand, with its iconic beaches and cultural sites making it one of the most tourism-reliant economies in the world.

Full story: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-09-02/thailand-marks-100-days-without-any-local-virus-cases

Bloomberg.jpg

Really   it is  just a miracle Thailand  is not getting huge infection  rates

Most  area  are  dirty  garbage  smell  all over  cities  when out of  sight   of  city  proper 

No  social  distancing at all  hardly 

I think a lot is being hidden  from  public

However if it is climate  that is helping  only  a  matter  of time until the virus  adapts  to  Thai  climate  

then  the  poo   will hit the  fan  well and truely  like it has in most of the  world 

A vacine is really  our only hope  

But Thailand  hopes are  thin cos  Free  vacine  in  Thailand  you are joking   mate 

even charge for  tests  more than the poor  can  pay 

Good Luck Thailand 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, meechai said:

1) Untested Thai's on return flights are infecting others ...or even more likely....

2) Thai's working at AQH or transports etc are also infected

Not to mention the dozens of Cambodians/Burmese etc who came up positive after leaving Thailand

you forgot

FALSE POSITIVE

9 hours ago, AlQaholic said:

Stop this rubbish fear mongering. Where I live, I have checked two main hospitals several times that are usually filled to the brim with everyday illness cases, they are both completely empty nowadays, people don't want to risk getting infected by visiting a hospital. When you enter the gates of any hospital, you are met with a horde of nurses and guards in full personal protective gear, checking your temp before you enter the area. At work we check temp everyday, we have different zones of employees where no physical contact is allowed between zones. All meetings are done by zoom, skype or google meet. Every business in Thailand is doing the same. Nobody at my work place has been infected and we are talking about 4,000 plus people, In the wider industrial park that I work in, there has been no cases at all. Every shop you enter you have to register, use a face mask and check temp. Simply put, Thailand has been damn lucky and be happy about that.

Fact and opinion.

I agree with you. At our school, all kids and teachers have their daily temperature checks, and even when the plastic shields at the desks are gone, we're all still on alert and do all to protect the kids and us. 

What rubbish is that to send WHO guys to Thailand to check random people? 

I don't think it's a great idea to make some things up. 

1 hour ago, Bantex said:

100 Days without Local COVID Infection in Thailand”

What a load of <deleted>. My daughter was in an ICU in a Bangkok hospital last month along with her great aunt. Both where diagnosed as having Coronavirus as were others in the unit. My daughter has fully recovered but her great aunt died of the virus, neither has ever been out of Thailand. One rural town has reports of approx 200 new cases of the virus.

Sorry to hear that. Would you mind to share the area where the disease infected 200 people, please?

I have not yet met anybody who had the virus. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, colinneil said:

Why would you be checking main hospitals?

First off they would not allow you to be wandering around checking things.

Second none of your damn business.

I think you are just making things up, not actual facts.

Good question, I was checking two main hospitals where I often take my daughter when she gets sick. I have free access to the waiting area. Normally this area is full of patients any day of the week. I went there because I was expecting it to be full with COVID-19 patients, to verify my suspicion that the Thai govt. was not exactly forthcoming with the actual data. Instead I found the areas in both hospitals almost empty, at least in February and March, Now they have come back to their usual "full to the brim" situation, but no COVID-19 cases as far as I can tell.

Secondly, as someone asked, "how many asymptomatic cases are there at my work", well if there were asymptomatic spreaders since February until now in September, they would certainly have infected at least some vulnerable people that should have ended up in hospital and some of those should certainly have died by now, if we compare the well documented way how it spreads in the US. Not happening here.

My Daughter have been back to school for 2 months now and my Son is finishing vocational college, none of their teachers have died or gotten sick.

Edited by AlQaholic
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, AlQaholic said:

Good question, I was checking two main hospitals where I often take my daughter when she gets sick. I have free access to the waiting area. Normally this area is full of patients any day of the week. I went there because I was expecting it to be full with COVID-19 patients, to verify my suspicion that the Thai govt. was not exactly forthcoming with the actual data. Instead I found the areas in both hospitals almost empty, at least in February and March, Now they have come back to their usual "full to the brim" situation, but no COVID-19 cases as far as I can tell.

Secondly, as someone asked, "how many asymptomatic cases are there at my work", well if there were asymptomatic spreaders since February until now in September, they would certainly have infected at least some vulnerable people that should have ended up in hospital and some of those should certainly have died by now, if we compare the well documented way how it spreads in the US. Not happening here.

Be careful. That leaves enough space for any conspiracy theories, countless infected people in isolated camps with 380 volts electric fences, no phones allowed, no internet access ( blocked with high tech BMW's) that people can't post the actual situation.

• Thanks 2

24 minutes ago, teacherclaire said:

What rubbish is that to send WHO guys to Thailand to check random people? 

I don't object to that at all, I think Thailand would welcome it, but do the who peeps think there is a need to do it?