Officials who came in contact with Covid-19 inmate test negative

webfact

Officials who came in contact with Covid-19 inmate test negative

By The Nation

800_d09cdc8eb2e5638.jpg?v=1599198970

The Criminal Court announced on Friday (September 4) that the 150 officials who came in contact with the Covid-19 patient at the Central Special Correctional Institution had no sign of the virus.

A court official explained that the prisoner being detained over drug charges had shown up in court to hear the verdict on August 26 and had been isolated before being sent to the Central Special Correctional Institution, where he tested positive for Covid-19 on September 2.

“Initially, the court found and separated officials the patient had come in contact with and had them tested for Covid-19,” the official said. “So far, 150 officials who had come in contact with the new patient have tested negative.”

The official added that the Criminal Court is strictly following measures to curb the spread of the disease under the Public Health Ministry’s guidelines, such as ensuring everyone wears a face mask, every visitor’s temperature is checked, people regularly clean their hands with alcohol gel and maintain distancing.

“We have also applied a touchless lift technology to reduce the risk of infection,” he added.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30394016

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-09-04

So I take it if you come into contact with someone who has the virus.as long as tested you ok if negative? Very odd so why isolate for 14 days thought it was for a chance to make sure not have .so why not test all people coming in and going out ?sounds simple to me...but maybe I too clever lol

• Thanks 2

53 minutes ago, yeahbutif said:

So I take it if you come into contact with someone who has the virus.as long as tested you ok if negative? Very odd so why isolate for 14 days thought it was for a chance to make sure not have .so why not test all people coming in and going out ?sounds simple to me...but maybe I too clever lol

Shush stop talking logically it's not welcome here, they are hoping nobody will notice then they can bring on the next 100 days of no infection......

• Like 2

1 hour ago, yeahbutif said:

They all wear a mask...

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, HOAX said:

But he got infected somewhere, by someone who's potentially infecting others as well. 

And to minimize the risk of spreading the virus, shouldn't the one's who has been in contact with the man be quarantined for two weeks? 

Just saying, we all have spent all this time and effort this year to minimize the risk of spreading the virus where ever we go in Thailand, and now suddenly equal precautions don't apply? Why?

Ah! "Officials"

We all know "officials" in Thailand are immune. Immune always and against everything. Immune against corruption, immune against prosecution, immune against viruses. Immunity is deeply rooted in their genes. :thumbsup:

• Like 2

9 hours ago, 86Tiger said:

They all wear a mask...

By whats being said its around their brains so they cant think straight.

If the contacts are not in quarantine then the whole credibility of these people is worse than a joke.

Added comment,

According to other reports they lack clarity on this issue. 

It is totally unclear whether the 600 or so people are in quarantine. From what i read it may only be a limited number. 

Edited by jojothai
Add detail

20 hours ago, webfact said:

The Criminal Court announced on Friday (September 4) that the 150 officials who came in contact with the Covid-19 patient at the Central Special Correctional Institution had no sign of the virus

Yet !

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Flying Saucage said:

We all know "officials" in Thailand are immune. Immune always and against everything. Immune against corruption, immune against prosecution, immune against viruses. Immunity is deeply rooted in their genes. :thumbsup:

Immune against soldiers masquerading as government officials. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

Immune against soldiers masquerading as government officials. 

Very good point possum1931! 

This is a very special Thai phenomena. In the Western world, such a archaic behaviour disappeared after the people got rid of feudalism and totalitarian rule, decades or centuries ago. 

To those who like to get more insight in this very Thai phenomena, I highly recommend to read this wonderful article, which explains it perfectly:

https://thisrupt.co/society/thailands-patronage-culture/

• Like 1

On 9/5/2020 at 12:36 PM, Flying Saucage said:

Very good point possum1931! 

This is a very special Thai phenomena. In the Western world, such a archaic behaviour disappeared after the people got rid of feudalism and totalitarian rule, decades or centuries ago. 

To those who like to get more insight in this very Thai phenomena, I highly recommend to read this wonderful article, which explains it perfectly:

https://thisrupt.co/society/thailands-patronage-culture/

Thanks for that link, I read it right through, and hope other posters read it also.

• Thanks 1