What would happen to your children if you got the virus during quarantine?

I am trying to get back to Thailand for work committments and my childrens studies.

All our friends in Bangkok have left.

If the unimagiable happened and we contracted the virus, what would happen to our children ?

I am hearing mixed reports that if you catch the virus you are taken straight to hospital, others say if you have mild conditions you stay at the hotel. But what would happen to my children during this quarantine period if the unimaginable did happen?

Seems quite daunting and scary.

4 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

You have to test before you get on a plane and twice in quarantine. If you're carful for ten days prior to the flight, the odds any of you end up positive is pretty remote.

Have you seen airports in Europe - no social distancing at all. It's a very risky enviromnent.

Furthermore if you take a repatriation flight, you are going to be on board with Thai's who haven't been tested.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Greghuntleyuk said:

So if we both get the virus, and we have to go to hospital - what's the protocol ?

If your children are young, they will be put into quarantine (at the hospital if necessary) with you. Although they will probably become infected, this is considered preferable to removing young children from their parents. In the unlikely event that both of you end up in ICU, I do not know what would happen. What would happen if you were involved in a traffic accident on the way home from ASQ and both ended up in hospital?

Is there NOBODY in Thailand, (wife's family ) that could take care of them for a few weeks?

or are you both Farangs?

Are they old enough to order room service? put them in a hotel

not to sound uncaring but

What would happen if you both were killed in a traffic accident?

if you have kids, you need a plan B, C

Edited by zzzzz
  • Like 1

If one of you gets infected after your pre-flight test, you will likely all be infected by the time you finish the ASQ and will all have to go to the hospital together.  

Why not contact your ASQ provider and ask them directly?

If flying was that bad, all the flight crews would have it and that is just not the case.

• Like 2

I will add that the repatriation flight I was on was empty. LAX to HKG was about 60% full and HKG to BKK was only about 20% full. Everyone on the flight was compelled to wear mask and the staff were cleaning the heads constantly. 

I was in the US from the end of April until mid August. I flew from Bangkok to Taipei to Los Angeles to Fort Worth, to Orlando, to Atlanta to Los Angeles to Fort Worth again to Los Angeles again to Hong Kong and back to Bangkok.

Spent a week in FL a week in GA, two weeks in TX and a week in Mexico tuna fishing on a boat with thirty other guys. I went to two birthday parties and any number of informal gettogethers. 

I did not get it. 

Having been through the ASQ, I think it highly unlikely you would get it there.