Recommend me a visa agent please !

Hi All,

I'm looking into what possibilities remain post the advent of the Rona for a 50 year old Aussie with very solid financials to obtain suitable visa arrangements such that I will be able to remain in Thailand with relative certainty of stay for 10+ years.

I am aware I may be eligible for a retirement visa but have no idea if these are being granted ATM or not.

I welcome and thank anyone for any advise, but considering these things seem to have been complicated by the Rona, I'm really interested to find a visa agent with a great reputation. I have done many searches of the forum for like "best visa agent" etc but have not found anything.

Really appreciate a point in the right direction or actually any responses that would give me a feel for the general sentiment as well as any specific barriers about moving to Thailand ATM.

Cheers, Thanks!

Edited by AussisAussieAussieOiOiOi

OP. You cannot obtain a non o RT in Au.

Your best to enter Los visa exempt or tourist visa.

You will need open Thai bank acc and apply for non o. That's gives you 90 day permission of stay. In last 30/45 days obtain annual extension.

With your plan, I would not obtain non O-A in Oz. 

You will be doing exactly what Ubonjoe outlined above with added bit of flight into Thailand visa exempt or TV

It's going to be quite some time that you can come to Thailand.

Good luck

Edited by DrJack54

2 minutes ago, AussisAussieAussieOiOiOi said:

Thanks for both your replies... I probably should have made it clear that I am in Ozland ATM and have decided to make the move for both lifestyle and tax residence purposes. So from visa perspective, although visiting before for 6 months, Im starting afresh.

At this time you cannot travel to Thailand. Only those that qualify for a certificate of entry needed to board a repatriation flight enter the country.

Perhaps consider applying for a OA long stay visa that is valid for one year from the date of entry and allows unlimited one year entries to day it expires. It is possible to get a total stay of almost 2 years by getting new entry just before it expires.

See: https://canberra.thaiembassy.org/non-immigrant/

17 minutes ago, AussisAussieAussieOiOiOi said:

weird... cant see a reply button to ubonjoe's reply so Ill reply here... thanks for your sobering and direct advice. But in the land Of Thai, cannot a good agent arrange almost anything in the right circumstance ??

The 'reply button' in TVF speak is 'quote'. I know it doesn't rhyme but you'll get used to it. ????

And if you follow UJ's advice and you really do have solid financials, you've no need to waste your money on an agent. Getting retirement extensions is dead easy.

Edited by Moonlover

So, when I was in Thai and looking for an agent 2 assist with getting my GF at the time a visa to Oz, I came across an expat lawyer who had a practice at nana plaza under BTS on Sukamvit rd who I had an awesome phone call with where he was headed off for his weekly cricket match with his local team, but was very giving with his time on the way to the match through his bluuutoooth in his BMW in his advice... that was soo cool... want to locate him. he is an Aussie immigration/visa lawyer who at the time had an established practice ... but google searches to try to locate him have come to naught. anyone know who I alude to ?

I can/will definitely attach an old SSD to my laptop than I know has his details.. but any help to locate him otherwise is much appreciated !! how cool is this <deleted> ????

47 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

The 'reply button' in TVF speak is 'quote'. I know it doesn't rhyme but you'll get used to it. ????

And if you follow UJ's advice and you really do have solid financials, you've no need to waste your money on an agent. Getting retirement extensions is dead easy.

So still available... no additional considerations post Rona ?

Has anyone mentioned Grace as the can-do-anything visa agent?  Or is that taboo on here.

In 10 years I have found the retirement extension quite simple to renew beyond the initial application ... but that's just a case of sorting out the paperwork and procedure which differs from region to region.

Chiang Mai Immi, once a fearful place to visit, is now modern, streamlined, and with happy helpful staff.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, nausea said:

i agree, if money is not a consideration Elite is the way to go. What agent can do this for you I don't know. Agents are basically  designed for the less fortunate among us. You can probably do it solo, with a little work.

The Thailand Elite membership is one of the few cases where it is easier to deal direct with Thailand Elite staff rather than go through an agent. All using an agent does is complicate the lines of communication and result in possible delay.

Edited by BritTim
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Perhaps consider applying for a OA long stay visa that is valid for one year from the date of entry and allows unlimited one year entries to day it expires. It is possible to get a total stay of almost 2 years by getting new entry just before it expires.

Is there not an insurance extra (non Covid) with this option or does that only rear it's ugly head on renewal?

Just now, ubonjoe said:

Insurance is required to a apply for a OA long stay visa.

Just to make it clear for OP,  the insurance requirement is not just for first application.

The OP mentioned plans to stay perhaps 10 years.

He imo if far better off going the non o and path to annual extensions. 

If O-A gets added to the "list" then perhaps an option.

Of course my comment was directed to the OP. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, nausea said:

i agree, if money is not a consideration Elite is the way to go. What agent can do this for you I don't know. Agents are basically  designed for the less fortunate among us. You can probably do it solo, with a little work.

Money is always a consideration especially when you got it. Agents are designed to help lazy bastards procrastinators like me, myself & I!

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, McTavish said:

Has anyone mentioned Grace as the can-do-anything visa agent?  Or is that taboo on here.

In 10 years I have found the retirement extension quite simple to renew beyond the initial application ... but that's just a case of sorting out the paperwork and procedure which differs from region to region.

Chiang Mai Immi, once a fearful place to visit, is now modern, streamlined, and with happy helpful staff.

Look on facebook...there are many visa agents advertising...especially in pattaya..

On 9/6/2020 at 6:13 PM, ubonjoe said:

At this time you cannot travel to Thailand. Only those that qualify for a certificate of entry needed to board a repatriation flight enter the country.

See: https://canberra.thaiembassy.org/non-immigrant/

Thanks ubonjoe. Not sure why you have recommended I apply for an OA long stay visa if travel to Thailand is not available ATM ? Is it because its relatively cheap and I'd be good to go when borders open ?

Also, I've searched but cant seem to find a reliable place/thread I can follow to keep a finger on the pulse of when borders may reopen and what the requirements of qualifying for a certificate of entry in the interim.

Really appreciate if you can help with any info please ?