Brexit back in crisis as UK threatens to undercut divorce pact

snoop1130

5 minutes ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

Like I said: Please read before you comment, then you don’t need to ask what I’m saying. I’m not gonna quote the whole conversation here again. 

Yes, I have read the whole conversation and you were wrong , the UK doesnt HAVE to sign any agreement with the EU

8 minutes ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

Yes, you have to. 

Thereby you’d be accepting our decision.  

More weasel EU words, in a language that you are still improving at but obviously have not quite mastered.

You can decide all you like, but we don't HAVE to accept anything. We particularly don't HAVE to accept your deal, which is what we were arguing. There's not much point anybody arguing about your decision, only the UK response to them. If the EU insists on not Canada style, it is up to you but we do not have to accept anything else - that is up to us.

You just need to make your position and argument properly, otherwise you will end up going around in circles. That is exactly the same are your other failed negotiator M. Barnier. Shall I ask Boris to clarify this for you too? He could write a new bill for you.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

Replying to a post and writing something that makes sense are two different shoes. Your last replies show me you either didn’t read what I wrote or you didn’t understand it. Nowhere did I write that the UK needs to sign a deal. I wrote that the UK needs to accept that the EU won’t give it Canada terms, which your initial question was. 

Oh, I have just looked back and I see you edited to your post .

Your original post suggested that the UK must accept and sign the terms offered by the EU , the edited version just said the UK has to accept the EU's offered  terms  (and its therefore up to the UK whether to sign an agreement on those terms or not sign  )

I replied to the original post and didnt see the edited version , so, it was your editing that caused the misunderstanding, rather than my inability to read 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

Please read before joining a conversation. Then you don’t look like a complete idiot. 

image.png.4911eb6f540ff6d56842c912b59a260c.png

It's a conversation with you. I addition to your erroneous claims about what the UK has to do, you appear to you be very confused about who you are even conversing with. Sorry, I forgot it's Monday again and you are usually still spaced out from yesterday. Have a couple of Asprin and try again later.

1 minute ago, CorpusChristie said:

Oh, I have just looked back and I see you edited to your post .

Your original post suggested that the UK must accept and sign the terms offered by the EU , the edited version just said the UK has to accept the EU's offered  terms  (and its therefore up to the UK whether to sign an agreement on those terms or not sign  )

I replied to the original post and didnt see the edited version , so, it was your editing that caused the misunderstanding, rather than my inability to read 

No, I didn’t say “the UK has to accept the EU’s offered terms”, and you also didn’t reply to that.

I wrote it’s the EU’s decision to not give you Canada terms and that you have to accept that, and that’s what you replied to:

B9F1C2B6-887C-4750-B008-39AEBC78D74C.jpeg

Looks like the panic has started already, and it has just begun.

No Mr Hauser, the sale of ARM is not a disaster to the EU, but I'm not so sure about the UK.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/nvidia-deal-absolute-disaster-uk-070835293.html

The $40bn (£31bn) sale of chip designer Arm to Nvidia is an “absolute disaster” for Cambridge, the UK and Europe, according to one of Arm’s co-founders.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, RayC said:

Then the UK should not have signed a trade deal with Japan as it imposed strict conditions on state aid (Source:FT)

Same old, same old. Both sides will suffer from no deal. Time will tell but, in the opinion of most economists the UK will suffer the greater 'hit'.

Not in the long run. 

Tis obvious that negative Boris posters have no clue how to play poker nor the labour and Tory back benchers with talks at a stalemate . Any compliance with EU demands would mean they rule the UK . 

Wake up and smell the coffee 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, 3NUMBAS said:

Its very simple.  The UK would like the same deal as the EU offered to Canada. They do not want to abide by any agreement which allows any form of control of government policy and certainly not to interfere in any part of the UK as does the WA as interpreted by the EU. On fishing we are likely to offer licenses exactly the same as Norway does and the EU are happy to bid for. No other sovereign country would accept EU demands of the type Britain is expected to accept. This pigheadedness is going to affect them dearly. Not only are they not getting anymore contributions but they seem intent on throwing a multi billion trade deal as well. Interestingly this will not affect the elite but it is going to cost massive job loses through out Europe. Add in the problems caused by the pandemic. It seems to me the elite have a death wish. But of course only their citizens will suffer. They never will.

and amy malor 

1 hour ago, Surelynot said:

Playing poker with peoples businesses, livelihoods and economic well-being......and look who is "holding all the cards".....a lying, cheating, third-rate journalist. God help us.....the UK is going to hell in a hand-cart.

Looks like God is helping us. He was too lazy over the past four years but is coming good after last night.

I'm looking forward to the trip. You are coming too, and you'll love it really.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, superal said:

Not in the long run. 

Tis obvious that negative Boris posters have no clue how to play poker nor the labour and Tory back benchers with talks at a stalemate . Any compliance with EU demands would mean they rule the UK . 

Wake up and smell the coffee 

As Keynes said: "We're all dead in the long run" and we are probably talking about ultra marathons here.

When you've got nothing and the other fellow has two pair showing, it's usually best to fold. Unfortunately, Johnson hasn't realised this.

What coffee? Even if they can find it, most people in the UK probably won't be able to afford it.

Edited by RayC
Addendum
  • Like 2
  • Sad 2

3 minutes ago, Result said:

I also want my government to behave in an honourable manner and not renege on agreements.

I'm quite happy for my government to tear up and throw back any agreements made with cheats who do not negotiate in good faith.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Loiner said:

I'm quite happy for my government to tear up and throw back any agreements made with cheats who do not negotiate in good faith.

Btw: You suggested elsewhere that the rest of England become independent of London. For once, I'm in agreement with you. Sadly, I doubt that it will happen but if it does, be sure to let me have your address; I'll send food parcels.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Loiner said:

You're avin a larf. Johnson, attacked by 5 ex PMs, his own former attorney -general, Geoffrey Cox, and savaged by Ed Miliband.

The schoolboy had no answers.

Johnson , a man of detail 555555

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, bannork said:

You're avin a larf. Johnson, attacked by 5 ex PMs, his own former attorney -general, Geoffrey Cox, and savaged by Ed Miliband.

The schoolboy had no answers.

Johnson , a man of detail 555555

We're all avin a larf at Cox and his bunch of 5 other cox. Miliband couldn't even savage a bacon sandwich.

Boris has plenty of his MPs support, Johnson a man of 340 votes to 263, a majority of 77. Roll on the IMB and suck it up Barnier.

• Like 2