Thai lottery tickets now costing 110baht each

Brer

One of the worst value lotteries in the world for 80 baht. Although the SIL wins quite a bit by bribing God, had to buy hundreds of eggs for the snake temple on Rama 2 when she won 100k, then last week after winning another 50k had to fly (as promised to some diety) to the south of Thailand to pay respects at some temple there. Of course people never tell you how much they are spending on it and how much they lose, some considerable amounts. Glad I give it a miss, it's more of a tax on the poor and daft.

• Like 2

Don't you have to have 15 ticket to win 90 mil? the only other I heard won that much was in Ubon a couple of years ago and she had 15x 6 mil. Daft sytem when you cannot find a number you want without going to the underground lottery, then there is no come back if there is no payout when you win by agents pocketing the cash

10 minutes ago, Brer said:

Yes someone won 90million baht last week with an incredibly lucky number which was 999997.

The lucky numbers are more likely to win the missus tells me.

Yes a crazy story. I never would have taken this number and this guy bought 10 tickets with it. 

1599560944907.jpg

• Haha 1

Thais think some number are much better than others! Like last number 000 or 111 is sht numbers can buy 80 bth! Good "lucky" numbers is like princess birthday or some famous budhish day! Cost more! Most go ask monk the great numbers lol. I dont know if ever won!

2 hours ago, sungod said:

Last weeks numbers, nothing dodgy here then.............

Capture.PNG

Just like 16th August 's draw ,the 12th August was the Queens birthday ,she was 88 ,the 16th August lottery the last two numbers were 88 .

And you could not buy these numbers ,no underground seller would sell 88, nothing dodgy they ................

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Brer said:

I walked out of Asawann shopping centre in Nong Khai today to grab a grab a cold coffee at Amazon.

You were going to spend money on cold coffee at Amazon and you thought someone asking 20 baht extra for a lottery ticket was a rip off?  Give me strength.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, treetops said:

You were going to spend money on cold coffee at Amazon and you thought someone asking 20 baht extra for a lottery ticket was a rip off?  Give me strength.

First of all it was an extra 60baht for two tickets as she would not sell a single ticket. Even if you could find someone selling at the so called correct price of 80baht it’s a total rip off. Now diversifying are you intimating that Amazon is a rip off.

You seem a little touchy is it because you have never won?

6 hours ago, Brer said:

First of all it was an extra 60baht for two tickets as she would not sell a single ticket. Even if you could find someone selling at the so called correct price of 80baht it’s a total rip off. Now diversifying are you intimating that Amazon is a rip off.

You seem a little touchy is it because you have never won?

Thai Visa Forum - the gift that just keeps giving.

My brother in law won 500k 3 years ago. He was a monk for 15 years and had never played the lottery before, so when he left the temple he bought one ticket for each draw. In the third draw after he left, he won a runner up prize of half a million baht. He bought the wife (and me by default) a 6 year old Hilux.

The wife occasionally plays the local underground lottery and about a year ago she won 55k twice in 2 months. It's still in her bank - she is very thrifty!

In the village only one vendor still sells tickets at the face value of 80 Baht, the others are all 100 baht. The 80 baht lady is very busy now. People rightfully grudge paying more.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Brer said:

Yes someone won 90million baht last week with an incredibly lucky number which was 999997.

The lucky numbers are more likely to win the missus tells me.

also repeatedly get that information, but usually after the draw.

if a ticket costs 80 B, for that 80B you get one chance of winning something.
if two tickets with same numbers cost 100 or 120 B each, you get 2,5 - 3 times smaller chance of winning something in comparison to buying two or three tickets with different numbers.
Math is clear.

The number of big wins seems in my opinion rather large, but did not run statistical analysis on that to see how random the drawings really are. Did anyone bother and maybe proof that we should pool and buy all tickets reading 777777 ?

• Confused 1

The legal maximum price for selling tickets is 80 baht. If the seller is stupid enough to display a higher price take a photo and when you have time send it to the Lottery Office. She will lose her license to sell Lottery tickets and be fined. Even so called lucky tickets can't be bundled and sold for more than 80 baht each but Thai people are superstitious and will pay over the odds to buy "lucky numbers" 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1