TM 6 Arrival/Departure card not in passort

I just recently arrived back in Thailand after completing all the requirements necessary to return including the ASQ and will need to report to Immigration to let them know that I'm back living in Isaan.

After looking through my passport, I noticed that the TM6 departure card that I had filled out and handed over to the IO at the airport was not in there. I double checked and then triple checked, but the only paper that is stapled in the passport is an old report of a change of address from 3 years ago.

Is this going to be a problem, not having a TM 6 card?

If so, what should I do about it?

I came in on a Non Immigrant O visa and will like to get a one year extension of stay with Thai wife once the time is right (ie 30 to 45 days before my 90 days is up). But I'm now a bit concerned about this missing TM 6 card. I haven't taken anything out of my Passport so, does this mean that the TM 6 card is no longer being used and that the IO never stapled it in, or did I some how lose it? There was so much going on when I arrived late at night with so many different people taking temperature and asking questions and having me switching chairs and wearing my ASQ tag that it's all kind of a blurr. I didn't look at my passport close enough to discover the card was missing until today.

Any input on this subject is most welcome.

Thanks ahead of time.

2 minutes ago, fishtank said:

Don't worry.

You can get another one when you depart.

Still not really a problem. Happens all the time.

Thanks for your reply fishtank.

After going through all the recent hurdles just to get back into Thailand, I don't plan to leave for a long time to come, so I won't be getting a new TM 6 card by departing/arriving. 

I am wondering how immigration will view it since there always seems to be some form that asks for the TM 6 number. I can't remember off hand which forms those were, but over the last 12 years, I do remember being asked on more than one occasion for my TM 6 number.

6 minutes ago, Bobsuruncle said:

I do remember being asked on more than one occasion for my TM 6 number.

Yes as fishtank correctly points out, normally zero issue. Even clerk's at passport control have them to hand to anyone that has misplaced it.

You will need it for 90 day reports etc.

Just wait until you attend immigration and  attend to it.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Yes as fishtank correctly points out, normally zero issue. Even clerk's at passport control have them to hand to anyone that has misplaced it.

You will need it for 90 day reports etc.

Just wait until you attend immigration and  attend to it.

Thanks DrJack54 and Fishtank. It sounds like a non-issue, so I'll take it off the worry list.

Cheers.

12 hours ago, Bobsuruncle said:

I haven't taken anything out of my Passport so, does this mean that the TM 6 card is no longer being used and that the IO never stapled it in, or did I some how lose it?

The Departure portion of the TM6 card these days consists of a pathetic little 9cm x 8cm slip which IMM provide us with every encouragement to lose by steadfastly refusing to staple it into our passports at Airport Arrivals any longer. So it probably just slipped out of your passport somewhere. As already said, no problemo.

17 hours ago, Bobsuruncle said:

Thanks for your reply fishtank.

After going through all the recent hurdles just to get back into Thailand, I don't plan to leave for a long time to come, so I won't be getting a new TM 6 card by departing/arriving. 

I am wondering how immigration will view it since there always seems to be some form that asks for the TM 6 number. I can't remember off hand which forms those were, but over the last 12 years, I do remember being asked on more than one occasion for my TM 6 number.

I had the same issue. Problem was that I was not able to do 90 days report online. I sent the report by mail and put to the form that the TM6 is missing. No problem and got the 90 days report done. When I left Thailand June 11th they did not ask TM6 so was not a problem not having it. 

Exact same thing happened to me. Not sure whether it slipped out or whether it was never inserted. Hotel ASQ staff asked for it but were not concerned when I did not have it. Has happened before and never any issues leaving - not even a raised eyebrow. Let's see what happens when I go in to extend.

I lost my TM6 card a while ago also (same as you, I don't even remember getting one).  The first time I extended my visa, I didn't even need it.  They asked for it, I said I didn't have it, and they extended my visa anyway.  

Today I wanted to extend my visa again.  They wouldn't do anything without the TM6.  I went to the police station, and the police give you a paper that shows you lost the TM6.  And I should be able to use that in place of a TM6.

Edited by andy246

1 hour ago, fulhamboy said:

I forgot to staple in my tm6 went for change of address, she asked about the tm6 ! sorry lost, she looked up the tm6 on her computer wrote the tm6 number down and gave it to me, no problem

I always take a picture of both sides of it, as of any page of my passport.

Wherever I stay they always ask for it, but I never experienced not having it. I always unstapple it myself since I don't want my passport to be damaged when they tear it off.

41 minutes ago, andy246 said:

I lost my TM6 card a while ago also (same as you, I don't even remember getting one).  The first time I extended my visa, I didn't even need it.  They asked for it, I said I didn't have it, and they extended my visa anyway.  

Today I wanted to extend my visa again.  They wouldn't do anything without the TM6.  I went to the police station, and the police give you a paper that shows you lost the TM6.  And I should be able to use that in place of a TM6.

Aren't you supposed to take the police report to your immigration office? Almost every immigration form asks for the TM6 number incl the 90 days report online. 

2 hours ago, fulhamboy said:

I forgot to staple in my tm6 went for change of address, she asked about the tm6 ! sorry lost, she looked up the tm6 on her computer wrote the tm6 number down and gave it to me, no problem

They have that really found back in the computer? For what this is necessary at all?

• Like 1

On 9/8/2020 at 8:36 PM, Bobsuruncle said:

But I'm now a bit concerned about this missing TM 6 card

Nothing to worry about... I lost my TM6 card 4 years ago and have not left Thailand since so do not have a new one, [but remember old the number]

4 years ago I renewed my passport at UK office in Trendy building Bangkok, on picking up the new passport they removed all the slips etc that were in the old one, plus gave me paperwork to go to IO to transfer the visa stamp etc. They put everything in a large envelope and off home I went.

I must admit I should have sat down at the office before leaving to check everything was there but as I'd seen them put everything together I presumed it was there, at home I discovered no TM6 card.

I called Trendy immediately and I could remember my booth number was #1, they went to check but found nothing... so it was lost.

On renewal of my retirement visa I write the number of my TM6 on the application form, and when I do my online 90 days again I enter the number which I made a record of before.

No officer has ever asked to see the original card.

On 9/9/2020 at 8:58 AM, Bobsuruncle said:

Thanks DrJack54 and Fishtank. It sounds like a non-issue, so I'll take it off the worry list.

Cheers.

You should always take a photo of anything like this. TM6, TM30, 90 report receipts, passport main page and relevant stamps, etc...

i should have done my 90 day report before 8th Sept.....I went Soi 5 yesterday the 9th September.....IN AND OUT WITHIN 5 MINUTES.....!!!

Now have to go sign in again before 7th December...

I post this because SO MANY complain/pass cooments ABOUT 90 day reporting....I have NEVER HAD ANY PROBLEMS....so why do so many not understand just HOW easy it is to do BY GOING to Immigration and do it in person ????!!!!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Nothing to worry about... I lost my TM6 card 4 years ago and have not left Thailand since so do not have a new one, [but remember old the number]

4 years ago I renewed my passport at UK office in Trendy building Bangkok, on picking up the new passport they removed all the slips etc that were in the old one, plus gave me paperwork to go to IO to transfer the visa stamp etc. They put everything in a large envelope and off home I went.

I must admit I should have sat down at the office before leaving to check everything was there but as I'd seen them put everything together I presumed it was there, at home I discovered no TM6 card.

I called Trendy immediately and I could remember my booth number was #1, they went to check but found nothing... so it was lost.

On renewal of my retirement visa I write the number of my TM6 on the application form, and when I do my online 90 days again I enter the number which I made a record of before.

No officer has ever asked to see the original card.

"No officer has ever asked to see the original card."

Several immigration offices requires a copy of the TM6 card when applying for this and that. They never ask to see the original. 

2 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

"No officer has ever asked to see the original card."

Several immigration offices requires a copy of the TM6 card when applying for this and that. They never ask to see the original. 

Yes you read my post correctly, 4 years ago I lost my TM6 arrival card whilst renewing my passport in Bangkok..

I have not been outside Thailand since then thus I do not have a new one. 

Having said that prior to losing it and since then I have never been asked for the original or a copy, which I also don't have .

My provincial office is in Rai Khing Nakhon pathom 

This happened to me some years ago.  

I went to Immigration in Chaeng Wattana, who told me to report to police that I had 'lost' my TM6.  I went to tourist police in Bangkok, as they spoke better English.

Remarkably little fuss.  The filled out a form , simply saying they accepted that I had lost my TM 6.

Then had to take form to Immigration, who gave me a new TM6, having checked the details of the original from their computer.   No more problems, and from memory nothing much to pay.

Only warning, this will take time as you need to visit police and then Immigration.

I believe that normal police can give you the required from that you have officially lost your TM6.

Do this before you need to travel.  without a TM6 you cannot extend your visa, nor can you leave Thailand.

Regardless of what the I/O does, I now staple the TM6 in my passport.  Never had any complaints about this.

It seems that TM6 is another pointless piece of paper generated by Immigration.  Is any of the information we give on this ever checked?

When I lost my TM6 I never noticed until I went to extend my visa.  The I found that, in typical Thai logic, without it I could not stay in Thailand, nor could I leave Thailand.

What happens if you lose it and do nothing until you arrive at the airport departure ( in non-Covid times,)?

Miss you flight while you spend 2 days getting a new TM6? or just allowed to leave?

57 minutes ago, Robin said:

What happens if you lose it and do nothing until you arrive at the airport departure ( in non-Covid times,)?

Miss you flight while you spend 2 days getting a new TM6? or just allowed to leave?

They would walk you over to the immigration counter look it up for you.