5 year Visa ? ( Phang Nga )

1 hour ago, nobodysfriend said:

OK ,

I asked my thai wife to phone this IO named Napat in Phang Nga Immigration again , that he confirms a second time that this visa can be issued in Phang Nga Immigration .

He confirmed that .

So , you believe what you want , I will go for that O-X visa . It will be issued in Phang Nga immigration , he left no doubt about this .

Why dont you instead call like UbonJoe suggests, helpline 1178..... Do that BEFORE you go over and show your money to that immigration-guy.... He probably will only "borrow" money from you anyhow,, and then say "solly can not do - change in rules"....

IF 1178 helpline says - "NO, NOT POSSIBLE",,, then I would never in a lifetime go over to that immigration-office and to that guy.

If you still do it, plse let us know how it worked out for you..

If we do not hear from you again - we know you probably failed..

glegolo

Edited by glegolo

1 hour ago, nobodysfriend said:

So , you believe what you want , I will go for that O-X visa . It will be issued in Phang Nga immigration , he left no doubt about this .

You might run into problems if they change the local officers again, especially if he's doing something he shouldn't be.

1 hour ago, glegolo said:

Why dont you instead call like UbonJoe suggests, helpline 1178..... Do that BEFORE you go over and show your money to that immigration-guy.... He probably will only "borrow" money from you anyhow,, and then say "solly can not do - change in rules"....

IF 1178 helpline says - "NO, NOT POSSIBLE",,, then I would never in a lifetime go over to that immigration-office and to that guy.

If you still do it, plse let us know how it worked out for you..

If we do not hear from you again - we know you probably failed..

glegolo

Yes , I will surely go for that O-X visa , but as I just got my O-A extension for another year , I have time to do that ... I will keep you informed wjen I have news ...

I do not call the helpline , I deal with Phang Nga immigration for my visa , and if they confirm twice that they will issue that visa without problems , ( and even proposed it to me ) , I believe them .

1 hour ago, glegolo said:

He probably will only "borrow" money from you anyhow,, and then say "solly can not do - change in rules"....

He will not see any cash at all , apart from the 10000 baht fee , but anyway , they do not accept cash payments at PN immigration anymore , all payments have to be done by credit or debit card ...

Edited by nobodysfriend

2 hours ago, Peter Denis said:

That's fully correct.  And contrary to the 1-year retirement extension based on a Non Imm O-A Visa, you cannot get rid of that IO-approved health-insurance requirement when on an O-X.

Cannot get rid of this when on O-A either ...

• Like 1

It can be done in Thailand .

https://www.siam-legal.com/thailand-visa/5-year-thai-retirement-visa.php

---> Foreigners must report, in person, to the immigration officer every 1 year for the examination of the qualifications and supporting documents.

The foreigner on a visa exemption stamp or a tourist visa can still apply for a retirement visa given that the foreigner has already met the requirements for the non-immigrant O visa and for the five- year extension visa applications. This can be done at the immigration office in Thailand.

• Like 1

So one still needs to do the 90 day report, still needs to visit the friendly,  local IO with a stack of papers he determines relevant to his "review."

The only advantage I see to this 'scheme' is having a handy 3 mill baht in a local fixed account I can not access for a yr.

YMMV

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Upnotover said:

Sounds like a Non-Immigrant O-X, you should find details of is on your countries Thai embassy website (if one of (1) Japan (2) Australia (3) Denmark (4) Finland (5) France (6) Germany (7) Italy (8) Netherlands (9) Norway (10) Sweden (11) Switzerland (12) United Kingdom (13) Canada (14) United States of America)

lol, all my home country neighbors, but not my home country

1 hour ago, Myran said:

You keep posting links to completely unofficial sources, many of which are known for having incorrect or outdated information on their sites. Why don't you just call the official hotline to have it actually confirmed? It seems you're just interested in cherry-picking the very few sources that confirm your belief.

Believe it or not , up to you ... if you really want to know , call them yourself .

Local Immigration confirmed twice that they will do , enough for me .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 86Tiger said:

So one still needs to do the 90 day report, still needs to visit the friendly,  local IO with a stack of papers he determines relevant to his "review."

The only advantage I see to this 'scheme' is having a handy 3 mill baht in a local fixed account I can not access for a yr.

YMMV

Even on Elite Visa , you still need to do the 90 day reporting .

The advantage for me with the O-X is that I have a visa for 5 yrs with the possibility of another 5 yrs extension . makes it 10 yrs .

I just have to keep the money in the account , and keep my health insurance . Easy to do and gives me the peace of mind I want .

What ever changes they will come up with at immigration for O or O-A will not concern me anymore ...

O-X is certainly not for everybody , but for me , it is ok .

If you like it or want it or not , up to you , I could not care less ...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, xtrnuno41 said:

Why not BUY a Thai elite visa then? 1 mBaht for 20 years, with not any rules(?).

Assistance on 3 months report and other helping issues. With no money on bank rule and health insurance?

The money you paid for the Elite Visa is gone once you paid for ... and you still need to do the 90 day reporting and once a year need to visit immigration to have your Elite Visa renewed , even if you bought a 20 year Elite Visa .

Assistance and help only if you are living in BKK ...

Edited by nobodysfriend

25 minutes ago, nobodysfriend said:

Believe it or not , up to you ... if you really want to know , call them yourself .

Local Immigration confirmed twice that they will do , enough for me .

I don't care either way, as I'm perfectly happy with my marriage extension. You, on the other hand, seem inclined to prove that you are right, or you wouldn't be trying to find links that back up what you say.

I'm not saying you're wrong and I don't have a dog in this race. But when you have an official resource that can confirm something that you obviously want confirmed, why not use it?

----> I don't care either way, as I'm perfectly happy with my marriage extension. You, on the other hand, seem inclined to prove that you are right, or you wouldn't be trying to find links that back up what you say.

I'm not saying you're wrong and I don't have a dog in this race. But when you have an official resource that can confirm something that you obviously want confirmed, why not use it? < ----

As I said in my first post when I opened this thread , I did not know about this visa and I have to do some research on it .

That is what I did , and I posted the results , that is all .

Edited by nobodysfriend
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, nobodysfriend said:

The money you paid for the Elite Visa is gone once you paid for ... and you still need to do the 90 day reporting and once a year need to visit immigration to have your Elite Visa renewed , even if you bought a 20 year Elite Visa .

Assistance and help only if you are living in BKK ...

I agree with you, you bought it for I million, but for 20 years. Ok it's invested.

IF you do the other visa, the 3 million is technically still yours, but has to be on the bank all time. It's blocked. 

It is the same as with other visa's/year , but those are less in amount, like 400, 800 kBaht. But you technically loose that money too, as it has to be (totally 5 month rule) in the bank all the time. IF you drain that amount till certain level, you have to fill it up again before extension. Not very handy if you want to stay long time.

I can only see on the elite site, you renew it every 5 years. I find the site not really informative, hiding rules?

They make it a jolly one and looks good. However if they hide some, it's a shame then and a lie.

Assistance, only BK, not mentioned. You have one and have more experiences with it?  

10 minutes ago, xtrnuno41 said:

I agree with you, you bought it for I million, but for 20 years. Ok it's invested.

IF you do the other visa, the 3 million is technically still yours, but has to be on the bank all time. It's blocked. 

It is the same as with other visa's/year , but those are less in amount, like 400, 800 kBaht. But you technically loose that money too, as it has to be (totally 5 month rule) in the bank all the time. IF you drain that amount till certain level, you have to fill it up again before extension. Not very handy if you want to stay long time.

I can only see on the elite site, you renew it every 5 years. I find the site not really informative, hiding rules?

They make it a jolly one and looks good. However if they hide some, it's a shame then and a lie.

Assistance, only BK, not mentioned. You have one and have more experiences with it?  

I was thinking of getting one , and had a lot infos about it by Mr. Bastien Trelcat , who takes care for the Elite Visa applications in Thailand .

His email : [email protected]

If I would not have found out about the O-X , I would probably have bought the 20 yrs Elite visa for a million ...

BtW , the O-X is multi entry , too .

Edited by nobodysfriend

45 minutes ago, nobodysfriend said:

I was thinking of getting one , and had a lot infos about it by Mr. Bastien Trelcat , who takes care for the Elite Visa applications in Thailand .

His email : [email protected]

If I would not have found out about the O-X , I would probably have bought the 20 yrs Elite visa for a million ...

BtW , the O-X is multi entry , too .

OK , was checking the site and it already gave some additional info. It's not that Elite as it looks.

As you said they have assistance 90 day report, but only in some places. Chiang Mai, Pattaya, and Phuket in other places you have to do it yourself.

You also have to leave the country within 365 days and then coming back, it's ok again for another year.

However they dont mention how long you need to be out of Thailand. 1 day? ECard and passport only? Would be elite then.

If you dont do that you have to go to immigration again for extension a 1900 baht. They dont tell what you need then

to have that extension. Is it the same as on a normal non-o extension or is the card and passport just enough, which would be elite? 

Maybe i will send email to inquire, thanks for the email contact. 

• Like 2

One of the issues is that when arriving in Thailand you are stamped in for 5 years, but as you need health insurance from the list, and these are only 1 year policies, would you be given a 5y year stamp even if you only had a 1 year policy. anyone encountered this?

1 hour ago, Max69xl said:

So what's wrong with ฿1900/year for a Non-immigrant O and no need for ฿3,000,000 in the bank or a crappy insurance? 

Erm......nothing wrong at all.

I apply for non o extensions myself @1900 baht every year, very easy as well.

Edited by userabcd
  • Like 1

there seems to be a hidden agenda behind this thread, its like the visa is being pushed like a seed being planted, anyone who has ever tried to transfer 500k, 1 million or 1.5 million baht out of the country will know that for many its far harder getting the money out than in, thats one major obstacle, the other is losing investment or gains on 1.5 million to 3 million over 5 year then 10 years, its not a simple visa to like

22 hours ago, xtrnuno41 said:

OK , was checking the site and it already gave some additional info. It's not that Elite as it looks.

As you said they have assistance 90 day report, but only in some places. Chiang Mai, Pattaya, and Phuket in other places you have to do it yourself.

You also have to leave the country within 365 days and then coming back, it's ok again for another year.

However they dont mention how long you need to be out of Thailand. 1 day? ECard and passport only? Would be elite then.

If you dont do that you have to go to immigration again for extension a 1900 baht. They dont tell what you need then

to have that extension. Is it the same as on a normal non-o extension or is the card and passport just enough, which would be elite? 

Maybe i will send email to inquire, thanks for the email contact. 

SO he came back with some answers and a listing of visa's. Didnt say when leaving country, on what time period to get back with TEV.

But seems you need lot less info for in same matter as retirement visa. No showing of money on bank showing 800 kbaht or even the 3 million baht for the other visa . No drawings where you live or whatever. Only TEV card , passport and TM30 (?) then you should have house on which YOU are the owner. But maybe ment you must be registered in computer system by TM30 and you have a hard copy of that.

Anyway you need to report yourself every 90 days again if not living in areas where they have assistance. Still have to go to immigration every year to renew stay a 1900 baht, not so elite, i think. 

No need for heath insurance, same as non-o visa. However they follow Thai law, it can change in future.

It looks quite good if you can spare that million over 20 years. Otherwise you also "loose" that 800 kbaht for retirement visa or even that 3 million for 5 years. If you do 5 years TEV, you pay 500 kbaht.

image.png.a4ef8594cbdb7cc7afd999bc7158146d.png

image.png.267796dadea7321b5fcd0363569ce7a9.pngimage.jpeg.9d7bd21a999b2739e469afe16808351d.jpeg