5 year Visa ? ( Phang Nga )

3 hours ago, Peter Denis said:

Thanks for the info.

However, the comparison matrix was most probably written by ThaiElite Visa staff and made me frown as it is misleading and biased towards the EliteVisa option.

• 90-days report only needs to be done in person VERY FIRST time you do it, afterwards you can do it on-line.
  • There are other options than the 800K funds-in-bank method, and when eligible for an Embassy income letter there is no need to park or transfer funds to a thai bank-account.
  • The mandatory insurance is ONLY required when applying for a 1-year extension of a Non Imm O-A Visa for reason of retirement.  When applying for an extension of any other type Visa, or for any other category than retirement it is not required.
  • Making use of an agent is not mandatory, and the fees quoted are only when not able to meet the financial requirements.
  • The Government Fee for the 1-year extension of stay is not 6.000 THB, but only 1.900 THB.  It is not mandatory but optional to buy a Re-Entry permit between 1.000 and 3.800 THB (single or multiple entry)

I wouldn't trust a company that spreads misleading information to tout their Product/Service.

It was send by an associate of Harvey Law Group, a very big law multinational. They are entitled to sell TEV.

I was scratching my ears with the 6000 baht and also they mentioned the agents you "should" need. Of course you dont need them.

Nowadays who can you trust? They all want your money and dont care , i know.

I just wrote the letter to see with what they came up and shared it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/9/2020 at 10:49 PM, Myran said:

But you seemingly haven't done any investigating. You've cherry-picked a couple of unofficial pages that say what you want to hear, and then you've asked the very same source who told you about the visa to begin with (and who couldn't provide you with paperwork for it). If you really wanted to know if it were legitimate, you'd contact the hotline and ask.

Yes , I did that by now .

I got an interesting answer from the hotline .

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Peter Denis said:

What was that interesting answer from the Hotline?

Possible or impossible to apply for the O-X Visa in-country?

After all that bashing I did not want to post this , but just 4 u :

Yes  you can apply for this in the country . if you already got a non - O Visa , immigration will change that to O-X .

Post # 36 gives the correct info . Even on a tourist Visa , you should be able to get the O-X  at Immigration .

Ubonjoe was wrong .

But you need to have the 3m already for a year in a fixed account before you can apply for the O-X .

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, nobodysfriend said:

After all that bashing I did not want to post this , but just 4 u :

Yes  you can apply for this in the country . if you already got a non - O Visa , immigration will change that to O-X .

Post # 36 gives the correct info . Even on a tourist Visa , you should be able to get the O-X  at Immigration .

Ubonjoe was wrong .

But you need to have the 3m already for a year in a fixed account before you can apply for the O-X .

Thanks and did they tell you if the sum needs to be maintained in full for the entire 5yrs? 

If the answer is that it can be accessed, how much and when can you access it?

Also, when the following 5yr extension is applied for what sum needs to be on the account?

Edit ; the link https://www.legal.co.th/resources/visa-immigration-law/thailand-immigration-law/o-x-visa-long-term-retirement-thailand/ says that 1.5m in the second year, do you have confirmation of this?

Thanks

Edited by bigginhill

9 hours ago, bigginhill said:

Thanks and did they tell you if the sum needs to be maintained in full for the entire 5yrs? 

If the answer is that it can be accessed, how much and when can you access it?

Also, when the following 5yr extension is applied for what sum needs to be on the account?

Edit ; the link https://www.legal.co.th/resources/visa-immigration-law/thailand-immigration-law/o-x-visa-long-term-retirement-thailand/ says that 1.5m in the second year, do you have confirmation of this?

Thanks

This link gives the correct info : https://www.siam-legal.com/thailand-visa/5-year-thai-retirement-visa.php

Note:The visa extension may be revoked if the sum of money in the bank account is less than 3 million Baht at the end of the first year of stay period in Thailand OR the sum of money in the bank account is less than 1.5 million Baht at the end of the second year of stay period in Thailand, and/or the money in said account was spent outside Thailand.

The second year after you got the O-X , you can spend half of the 3 mio in Thailand , but you will need to keep at least 1.5 mio for the rest of the first 5 year period . After the first 5 yrs , if you want another 5 year extension , I GUESS that it will be the 3 mio for the first year of the 5 year extension again ...

Edited by nobodysfriend
  • Like 1

On 9/9/2020 at 9:01 AM, Peter Denis said:

And basically there is little difference with the requirements for a 1-year Non Imm O or O-A extension for reason of retirement, except that the O-X is ridiculously expensive (there is a reason that this O-X scheme is not so 'succesfull' as IO thought it would be when launching it).

Non O or Non O-A is 1900 baht each year .

Non O-x is 10000 Baht for 5 years ...

On 9/9/2020 at 2:06 AM, nobodysfriend said:

... No more ' begging ' for extensions , just the proof of money , health insurance , and a police certificate . 5 years visa with just some formalities ... I wonder why this is hardly ever mentioned in this forum ?

I will go for that I think ... I am tired of being treated like an unwanted criminal for the extension of an O-A visa . This year was very bad ... 

From your earlier posts it seems your main driver for considering a switch to an O-X Visa is the treatment you got at your local IO when applying for the 1-year extension of your current Non Imm O-A Visa.

But there are of course other options to long-stay in Thailand while 'avoiding having to visit your IO' (the O-X Visa will still require you to visit your local IO annually).

So how to avoid EVER having to visit your IO?

When you occasionally visit your home-country (e.g. once every 1-2 years), you could make use of that opportunity to apply at the Thai Embassy/Consulate in your home-country for a NEW Non Imm O-A Visa.

That Visa will provide you with almost 2 years of IO hassle-free stay in Thailand.  With NO need to park/transfer money to a personal Thai bank-account, NO need for quarterly border-runs and - in you case - most importantly NO need for EVER having to visit an IO during that period of almost 2 years.  To get that 2nd year you just need to do a border-run when the Non Imm O-A Visa's 1-year validity almost expires, and you will be stamped in again for a full year.  And then when you visit your home-country during that 2nd year, simply apply for a NEW Non Imm O-A Visa.  Doing so, you will NEVER have to visit an IO, which for some will sound like Heavenly Music in their ears.

Important Note: When planning to do the above, you should refrain from buying a Re-Entry Permit during that 2nd year (or just buy a Single-Entry when making a trip to a neighboring country).  Otherwise that Re-Entry Permit will block you from applying for a new Non Imm O-A Visa when visiting your home-country in case the permission to stay (protected by that Re-Entry Permit) from your current Non Imm O-A Visa has not expired yet.

>> Do send me a PM if you need info on how to meet the IO-approved health-insurance requirement which is now required when applying for the Non Imm O-A Visa in your home-country (it is easy if you know how).

Edited by Peter Denis
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

From your earlier posts it seems your main driver for considering a switch to an O-X Visa is the treatment you got at your local IO when applying for the 1-year extension of your current Non Imm O-A Visa.

But there are of course other options to long-stay in Thailand while 'avoiding having to visit your IO' (the O-X Visa will still require you to visit your local IO annually).

So how to avoid EVER having to visit your IO?

When you occasionally visit your home-country (e.g. once every 1-2 years), you could make use of that opportunity to apply at the Thai Embassy/Consulate in your home-country for a NEW Non Imm O-A Visa.

That Visa will provide you with almost 2 years of IO hassle-free stay in Thailand.  With NO need to park/transfer money to a personal Thai bank-account, NO need for quarterly border-runs and - in you case - most importantly NO need for EVER having to visit an IO during that period of almost 2 years.  To get that 2nd year you just need to do a border-run when the Non Imm O-A Visa's 1-year validity almost expires, and you will be stamped in again for a full year.  And then when you visit your home-country during that 2nd year, simply apply for a NEW Non Imm O-A Visa.  Doing so, you will NEVER have to visit an IO, which for some will sound like Heavenly Music in their ears.

Important Note: When planning to do the above, you should refrain from buying a Re-Entry Permit during that 2nd year (or just buy a Single-Entry when making a trip to a neighboring country).  Otherwise that Re-Entry Permit will block you from applying for a new Non Imm O-A Visa when visiting your home-country in case the permission to stay (protected by that Re-Entry Permit) from your current Non Imm O-A Visa has not expired yet.

>> Do send me a PM if you need info on how to meet the IO-approved health-insurance requirement which is now required when applying for the Non Imm O-A Visa in your home-country (it is easy if you know how).

Thanks for the info , but , I think , I got it sorted out by now for me ...

Yes the extension of my O-A this year was painful , mostly because of the financial requirements ( I followed the rules ) , they even called the manager of my local branch to ensure that the provided infos were correct ...

When I turned up at immigration , I had everything nicely prepared ... 1 envelope with the passport and photocopies ,  1 envelope with the bank statements and photocopies ,  1 envelope with a map to our house and photos inside outside , 1 envelope with the certificate and contract of health insurance ... I waited until I got a ' come here ' by the highly pregnant IO , I handed over the envelopes to her , she looked at them and said : " No envelopes ! "

Then she opened all envelopes , took all the papers out and mixed them up completely . She then returned the bunch of papers to me together with a printed out statement that told me in what order I have to present the documents to the IO . Passport and TM7 first , followed by bank letter , then insurance etc . So , I was still busy to get some kind of order in the papers she returned to me when she just left the office and did not return ... So , I waited again until another female IO finally called me over to inspect the papers , she then called her ' superviser ' who disappeared with my papers into his office . This one later called the manager of our bank to make sure that the infos provided by me were really accurate . I have a fund book with a few mio on it , he only relaxed a bit after I showed that to him .

I was not in a good mood anymore and complained why they treat me as if I were a criminal . This guys boss listened and came over from his office to ask if there was a problem . The one who I dealt with assured him that there was ' no problem ' . After that it went on much smoother . I was informed about the O-X Visa and they told me , next time , I should go for this as it will be less papers to present each year , basically just the certificate of insurance and the bank statement .

All in all I spend more than 3 hours talking in Immigration . the mediation and presence of my thai ' mia ' helped a lot ...

Edited by nobodysfriend
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, nobodysfriend said:

Passport and TM7 first , followed by bank letter , then insurance etc

I read accounts or experiences to obtain annual extensions such as yours and invariably complaining about the difficult procedure. In your case I had chuckle about your envelope technique.

Prior to my first extension I read up on thaivisa and it was easy to work out the procedure. Indeed the first thing to put in front of io is passport and TM7. Then wait until they look up for next which is bank letter and bankbook, etc.

The io,s must get very tired of people that think they are super organized (envelopes) and in fact just slowing the process.

8 extensions later I have never had the slightest issue with immigration. 

I do realize the extensions based on marriage have more docs.

• Like 1