Todays application for a 60 day extension of expired non-o multi entry

In my thinking there are ME marriage folk obtaining 60 extension to visit wife 60 days and inturn obtaining annual extension based on marriage or retirement as is the OP. 

The extension would commence day of application.

Then there is group of folk that entered on tourist visa, visa exempt that will apply for 30 day extension (with or without embassy letter) that extension would start Sept 27.

The infographic is misleading.

I could be completely wrong.

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Keyser Soze666 said:

Useful report this as I'll be doing the same soon. When I say 'soon' it will now be near to the 26th, that's a bit naughty not giving the 60 days from the 26th Sept when they previously said they would to 'reduce overcrowding'

Looks like there is going to be a lot of NON O bods switching to an extension soon. 

Yeah, if I knew they wouldn't honour what they'd previously said about being dated after the 26th I'd have left it a little longer too but don't want to point out their error/duplicity as don't want to have my card marked for my upcoming extension.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Keyser Soze666 said:

Useful report this as I'll be doing the same soon. When I say 'soon' it will now be near to the 26th, that's a bit naughty not giving the 60 days from the 26th Sept when they previously said they would to 'reduce overcrowding'

Looks like there is going to be a lot of NON O bods switching to an extension soon. 

Think the going price for a trouble, money free extension is around the 23000 baht mark. Times are tough.

• Like 2

It's hard to keep up with these days.

Prior to covid i was told i could change from non-o me to extension BUT if i used the 60 day extension on that visa i would have to leave the country and start the process again to apply for the yearly extension.

Edited by farmerjo

Thanks for very useful info, edwinchester.

Does anyone have similar feedback from Jomtien immigration ?

I was about to do the very same thing today as OP, but after reading his post, I just stay put 

Edited by Bart1979
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, edwinchester said:

Yeah, if I knew they wouldn't honour what they'd previously said about being dated after the 26th I'd have left it a little longer too but don't want to point out their error/duplicity as don't want to have my card marked for my upcoming extension.

Yea, in the bigger picture of a 1 year ext a few weeks is nothing really.

Edited by Keyser Soze666
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Keyser Soze666 said:

Yea about that, but I've heard as low as 14 mentioned.

14,000 baht (or even less) for a retirement extension is often possible when already on a non immigrant entry. Things like conversion from a tourist entry to subsequently get a retirement extension is more expensive, as is a marriage extension or anything else that requires Division level sign off.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, BritTim said:

14,000 baht (or even less) for a retirement extension is often possible when already on a non immigrant entry. Things like conversion from a tourist entry to subsequently get a retirement extension is more expensive, as is a marriage extension or anything else that requires Division level sign off.

Cool, as that is what I'm on.

15 hours ago, farmerjo said:

It's hard to keep up with these days.

Prior to covid i was told i could change from non-o me to extension BUT if i used the 60 day extension on that visa i would have to leave the country and start the process again to apply for the yearly extension.

Others have said the same.

Another poster  said that they were refused extension because their Non O had expired during amnesty.

It really is a lottery out there and the official rule means nothing at some places.

I am going before the 16th Sept because my non 0 is only valid until then and want to play it safe.

As for not being eligible for a 1 year extension if you already have a 60 days when I mentioned this at Petchabun they said it would be OK.

The way things are going the IDC in Bangkok is going to start filling up pretty soon. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, trucking said:

As for not being eligible for a 1 year extension if you already have a 60 days when I mentioned this at Petchabun they said it would be OK.

I asked at Khon Kaen and when he said no that was one of the reasons i left when covid started as was worried what might happen in the future months,was on the 60 day extension.(before amnesty)

Least i know it should be a simple process having re entered.

I hope it is possible for all the people still here who have not left the country.

Edited by farmerjo
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, JackThompson said:

This is just more nonsense - though they often "enforce" nonsense, varying by office.  Many report the 60-day being even suggested by the IO - to carry over until a person can get the paperwork for a 1-year extension. 

I had the paperwork,at the end of the day you can only believe what your told by the officer at the time.

I'm ok although 130K baht worse off.

If people can get their 1 year extensions after the 60 day i'm happy but disappointed in the same being led up the garden path.

3 hours ago, Peter Denis said:

Hi drJack,

Why would Immigration make a distinction between types of extension, when the goal is to avoid over-crowding of Immigration offices by all those waiting till last days of the Amnesty to avoid 'losing days' of their extension.

The InfoGraphic is CRYSTAL-CLEAR that it applies to ALL type of extensions (yes even for regular 1-year extensions of stay based on a Non Imm O Visa - several reports of that).

But overcrowding of the Immigration offices on 23-24-25 Sept will be inevitable, because:

1 - Applicants not trusting their local IO anymore, when despite the InfoGraphic announcement some local IOs are still issuing extensions from date of application, and applicants thus wisely postponing their application to avoid such day-of-application start date;

2 - Persistent rumors that the Cabinet might approve a 3rd extension of the Amnesty, which would effectively mean that applicants unnecessary 'wasted' the short-term extension option they had.  Only a clear Cabinet announcement that the Amnesty will NOT be extended, will avoid applicants (wisely) postponing their application.

When I applied for my non-O visa I was also surprised that they take date as the date of application, not the stamp 15 days later, and not the amnesty date of 26th. Likewise, I didn't make a fuss about it, even though the info is very misleading. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Jackson B said:

When I applied for my non-O visa I was also surprised that they take date as the date of application, not the stamp 15 days later, and not the amnesty date of 26th. Likewise, I didn't make a fuss about it, even though the info is very misleading. 

The 90-day permission to stay from the Non O applied for at Immigration starts from the day the visa is issued. This has always been an exception to the rule that all extensions of stay run from the expiry date of the original permission to stay. The new permission to stay from the visa is supposed to mimic what would happen if you had left Thailand and reentered with the visa.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, BritTim said:

The 90-day permission to stay from the Non O applied for at Immigration starts from the day the visa is issued. This has always been an exception to the rule that all extensions of stay run from the expiry date of the original permission to stay. The new permission to stay from the visa is supposed to mimic what would happen if you had left Thailand and reentered with the visa.

So they backdate the visa issuance date to the date of application? The IO emphasised the point that the date would start on the application date. Curious logic. If as you say it mimics exiting and getting a visa then coming back... but then (under non-COVID conditions) this would not have happened until early December. All counterfactual now, of course. But it's good to understand, thanks.

1 hour ago, BritTim said:

So are you saying if you apply on Sept 5, and your month consideration ends on Oct 4, the 90 days should start from Oct 4? What kind of stay are you on until that point? 

13 hours ago, edwinchester said:

Here's my report of today's visit to Kanchanaburi immigration for a 60 day extension of my expired on June 5th non-o multi entry visa based on marriage to a Thai wife. I went in the office at 10 a.m. and gave them all the documents that they said would be required of 3 weeks ago. The girl on the desk ask for two more sets of documents, a copy of the Kor Ror 2 to prove we weren't divorced and a copy of every page from my passport even the blanks. After getting these copies we went back to Immigration and the lady who would process my application she said why have you got all these copies of blank passport pages they're not required. I paid my 1900 bht for the application and waited about 10 minutes for the stamp in my passport. After being told that the 60 days would go from the 26th of September I was stamped until the 8th November. I queried this and was told the 60 days now runs from the time of application not as I was told 3 weeks ago the 26th September. Took 2 hours from start to finish.

Will apply for a 1 year extension beginning of November.

Hello, I have to do the exact same thing as you, good to know it worked! so I think from what youve said, I should leave it to the cloest I can on  26th of September, if i went tomorow I would get less days then if I did this say on the 23rd of September right? thanks for posting this as its essentially confirmed I can even get the 60 days! cheers

5 hours ago, ryanhull said:

Hello, I have to do the exact same thing as you, good to know it worked! so I think from what youve said, I should leave it to the cloest I can on  26th of September, if i went tomorow I would get less days then if I did this say on the 23rd of September right? thanks for posting this as its essentially confirmed I can even get the 60 days! cheers

At most immigration offices (and what is supposed to happen) your 60-day extension starts on September 27 and ends on November 25. This is irrespective on when you apply. The report above, where the extension was given starting on the day of application, is an outlier. I would suggest going to Immigration early next week for the extension, but confirm that they will date the extension from the end of the amnesty, not the date of application.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ryanhull said:

What Immi Office are you using as it seems some will date from 27th Sept and some will date from the day you apply?

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, BritTim said:

At most immigration offices (and what is supposed to happen) your 60-day extension starts on September 27 and ends on November 25. This is irrespective on when you apply. The report above, where the extension was given starting on the day of application, is an outlier. I would suggest going to Immigration early next week for the extension, but confirm that they will date the extension from the end of the amnesty, not the date of application.

That's what I did a few weeks ago at Kanchanaburi and they said it would be dated to start from the 27th Sept. Then I applied yesterday and they dated it from then, the 9th. Just wouldn't agree that it should be dated from the 27th.