international postal deliveries: are they now possible?

iko

There was a big delay with a couple of packages during April but the standard untracked mail still got here eventually. I believe thailand has the best mail service compared to uk. Had over 40 untracked packages arrive. Never had a satang to pay. Goods always addressed to Thai person. Waiting on 2 as I type. Shipped on 3rd will arrive on Monday slightly delayed due to songkran holiday.

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Olmate said:

Aust.Post Perth to Thailand has been sitting one week in Perth mailcentre awaiting flight.int express.tracking. cost $35AU.

I posted an EMS envelope, Sydney to Chiang Mai, about 2 weeks go.

Sydney PO guy said it would to NSW Inter, mail centre to wait for next flight taking mail. 48 hrs later I checked the tracking, already gone, delivered to house in CM 48 hrs later.

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, scorecard said:

I posted an EMS envelope, Sydney to Chiang Mai, about 2 weeks go.

Sydney PO guy said it would to NSW Inter, mail centre to wait for next flight taking mail. 48 hrs later I checked the tracking, already gone, delivered to house in CM 48 hrs later.

Just checked now!????6DE483B3-1C1A-41FB-A4D9-877D07FDEF59.thumb.jpeg.5b62c9ce516fd9bf0525c7f54dcea864.jpeg

22 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

It depends upon what country you are mailing a letter or package to.

Select the country to check to see what is available. https://www.thailandpost.co.th/un/rate_result/?country_code=US&weight=30

thanks, useful, but,

what I find is calculated cost of shipments by various services to various desitinations

not info on availability of service as such?????

Edited by melvinmelvin
typo

23 hours ago, xylophone said:

I did manage to get an updated copy of my Will sent from here to NZ, using DHL, and all went well with that about a month ago.

I have posted a registered letter to the UK last Tuesday. It was received, but I don't know how long it will take to get there. I did receive a registered letter from the UK last week. It took about 2 weeks to get here. So it seems that international post still works, albeit with considerable delays. If one wants to have something delivered out of Thailand urgently, I suggest  UPS or DHL should be used.

23 hours ago, iko said:

Hello all, is it true that international postal deliveries via registered post (from Thailand) are currently not possible due to Covid? If so, what are the alternatives?

The OP appears to be asking about sending outbound mail FROM Thailand to some other unspecified country...

As mentioned above, the details may depend on what country you're trying to mail to. But in general, AFAIK, the private couriers (FedEx, DHL, UPS) are all accepting outbound mail right now, but are waiving their normal time guarantees because of COVID. Figure at least 1000 baht and more for a single regular letter.

I asked at my local Thai Post Office the other day about outbound letter mail to the U.S. in particular. And the choices they offered were:

--a so-called E-Packet for 260 baht (same price up to 200g), or

--EMS mail for 880 baht (same price up to 200g).

For both, they were estimating delivery time of 3-4 weeks.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, melvinmelvin said:

thanks, useful, but,

what I find is calculated cost of shipments by various services to various desitinations

not info on availability of service as such?????

You need to read what is not there. The absence of letter service means they do not offer letter service to that country at this time.

If you select Singapore, China, Mexico, or Canada you will see ordinary letter service is available. Selecting the US or Hong Kong shows no letter service, only the more expensive carrier services.

Normal mail service OUR (airmail and seamail) to only some countries but for instance NOT to the US or Australia. But funny enough, I get letters from both countries regularly. Sent a parcel airmail to Poland a few weeks ago, got there within 3 1/2 weeks, not too bad. 

On 9/12/2020 at 1:53 PM, ripstanley said:

I received a normal letter from Adelaide yesterday. It was posted on 20th July. Out of Thailand I have not tried.

I received a normal letter post dated 19 June out of Sydney on 4 September.  I had to post a reply back to Sydney, 3 page letter cost Baht 220 and I was told it could take 1-2 months before it leaves Thailand.

1 hour ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

The OP appears to be asking about sending outbound mail FROM Thailand to some other unspecified country...

As mentioned above, the details may depend on what country you're trying to mail to. But in general, AFAIK, the private couriers (FedEx, DHL, UPS) are all accepting outbound mail right now, but are waiving their normal time guarantees because of COVID. Figure at least 1000 baht and more for a single regular letter.

I asked at my local Thai Post Office the other day about outbound letter mail to the U.S. in particular. And the choices they offered were:

--a so-called E-Packet for 260 baht (same price up to 200g), or

--EMS mail for 880 baht (same price up to 200g).

For both, they were estimating delivery time of 3-4 weeks.

Wrong, price changed every 500 grams.

what about learning how to use internet properly ?

https://www.thailandpost.co.th/index.php?page=rate_result&country_code=US&weight=499&language=en

• Sad 1

On 9/12/2020 at 1:50 PM, Olmate said:

Aust.Post Perth to Thailand has been sitting one week in Perth mailcentre awaiting flight.int express.tracking. cost $35AU.

Same here. Awaiting small package from my daughter in Perth.

Tracking says it's all processed awaiting an international flight.

Only 3 days so far.

• Like 1

On 9/12/2020 at 2:00 PM, Robinsons said:

have send a registered airmail letter from chiang rai to germany with thai post for 108baht,within 10days was it in germany. ????

robinsons

EMS usually only takes three to four days for such a distance. 

But COVID 19 makes it plausible.