PM asked to temporarily remove police involved in helping Red Bull heir from active service

webfact

4 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

Burden of proof is on the prosecutor.

Not when it's so obvious. You don't get to run away from a hit and run . There's a reason people do it and there's a reason why the punishment is so severe.

Same as refusing to do a breathalyzer. You are heavily punished for it. 

3 hours ago, ponder said:

So, they are looking  for everybody who did something wrong in this case except the actual perpetrator of the crime. 

We have all seen him on television at the front door of his house in London, so why not request his extradition?

Oh Dear Boy, you clearly haven't been in Thailand long enough yet to understand how the system works.

Forget everything about how you think the justice systems works at home, this is Thailand.

Money, hiso/loso, influence, the regime du jour all trump anything that resembles a functioning judiciary.

The Boss could have shot the cop in broad daylight and the result would have been the same as it is right now.

There are two sets of rules, if you hadn't figured out yet. If you are rich and from the 'right sort of people' you basically can do what you want. Poor kid with a yaba pill in his pocket, he's banged up for a couple of years without question.

Welcome to Thailand

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, RocketDog said:

For better or for worse, many of us live here precisely because it is not the real world. 

Still, I get your point. 

I remember my daughter saying that to me years ago, Nothing is real here is it Dad.......?

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

The   more I hear  about Thailand  the less I like it  ?

How  is it so popular in the first  place  hundreds of  beautiful happy places on this planet

Why  put up with this  <deleted>  from Thailand  

why  retire there?  (sorry  to say this  .....  (  But is it the sex trade?  ...when  that is over  now  ... so  move on!!!  )

I  tell you this ... many  many more happy places like this  country to live in peace harmony  and be respected and even loved by the locals 

Now  cheaper  too ... some not far from Thailand itself 

Good  luck  Thailand 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, colinneil said:

Why only temporarily?

Everyone of them and the people who bribed them should be charged/ jailed.

One of their own died, yet they put personal gain before justice, bloody disgraceful.

Temporarily in Thai means taken out of public eyes and assigned cushy posts elsewhere 

36 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

Not when it's so obvious. You don't get to run away from a hit and run . There's a reason people do it and there's a reason why the punishment is so severe.

Same as refusing to do a breathalyzer. You are heavily punished for it. 

Quite right, the reason for hit and run is usually the perp is drunk, smashed on narcotics and scarred of facing years in the BK Hilton . 

In this case scarred and facing years in the BK Hiton do not apply 

11 hours ago, ezzra said:

If they haven't been removed in the 8 years thus far what's the point to remove them now as any damage they could have caused to the investigation surly already been done...

I think if they are willing to whitewash an investigation into the death of one of there own then maybe just maybe in the 8 years afterwards perhaps a cynic may jump to the conclusion they may have done same over and over.?

Of course I could not say as libel laws are very strong in los much more vigorously upheld than real criminal charges

1 hour ago, TERMINATOR3AB said:

The   more I hear  about Thailand  the less I like it  ?

How  is it so popular in the first  place  hundreds of  beautiful happy places on this planet

Why  put up with this  <deleted>  from Thailand  

why  retire there?  (sorry  to say this  .....  (  But is it the sex trade?  ...when  that is over  now  ... so  move on!!!  )

I  tell you this ... many  many more happy places like this  country to live in peace harmony  and be respected and even loved by the locals 

Now  cheaper  too ... some not far from Thailand itself 

Good  luck  Thailand 

Many many more places, happiness, harmony, respect, love, etc. 

Methinks you overstate your case. 

Remember though that there are at least a few folks who do not hold exactly the same values you do, as shocking as that may seem. 

At any rate enjoy your new home and send us a postcard from paradise.

BTW, will a Terminator be welcome in paradise? 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, GinBoy2 said:

Well your daughter is probably wise beyond her years.

One of the tricks to living successfully in Thailand is the ability to pull the wool aggressively over your eyes.

You are nothing more than a long stay tourist, with absolutely no influence on Thai society, God knows the majority of Thai's have no influence!

So folks rant, rave and have posts of indignation on sites like this, but ultimately it makes no difference.

So back to that pulling wool over eyes thing. You either do it or it drives you crazy

She was only 18 then she's now 32 with four successful business she says I thought her well 

There have been no public statements regarding who supplied the money for these bribes. In fact there has been no mention where the money came from or whether the police were looking into it. This whole farce is about finding scapegoats to protect the wealthy people in Thailand.

Are the police really afraid of money people / families or are they just protecting their own interests?

Look at that underage brat that killed about 12 people the other year because her family allowed her to drive even though she was underage and unlicensed. She even refused to do community service because it did not suit her lifestyle. And what did the the police d0 ? SWEET FA !!  ....... Rich laws again.   

• Sad 1

Well Thailand is indeed a third world country, and this is just another example.

If the rich can get away with murder, and the law and the PM will not do anything

about it, then Third world country is what Thailand will remain.  Maybe in my grand sons lifetime

there may be a change, but I even doubt that, sorry to say.

Geezer

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, otherstuff1957 said:

The ironic thing about this whole mess is that if Boss had just confessed, given a few million in compensation to the victim's family and apologized, he would have been sentenced to a couple of years of probation and community service and this would have been all over long ago. 

Instead, his and his family's refusal to take any responsibility has lead to years of negative publicity and they have spent many more millions trying to cover this up and get him legally absolved.

Yep. And strangely they presumable believe this keeps more "face". Can't have any convictions against their little darling. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

They would all be charged with the serious offense of trying to pervert the course of justice in any real country. If convicted face stiff custodial sentences.

Also, all the cases involving the officers and prosecutors involved would have to be reexamined for similar corruption. (Like the Koh Tao murders etc).

Is there even such a law as perverting justice in Thailand?

Negotiable  

11 hours ago, otherstuff1957 said:

The ironic thing about this whole mess is that if Boss had just confessed, given a few million in compensation to the victim's family and apologized, 

He did and he thought 3 million was enough

On 9/15/2020 at 6:04 AM, colinneil said:

Why only temporarily?

Everyone of them and the people who bribed them should be charged/ jailed.

One of their own died, yet they put personal gain before justice, bloody disgraceful.

Just goes to prove the power of money in Thailand. 

• Like 1