Floods engulf several Bangkok districts after rain pummels capital

webfact

Floods engulf several Bangkok districts after rain pummels capital

By The Nation

800_3c1580ba5c7fd61.jpg?v=1600925481

Several Bangkok districts were swamped by flood water after heavy rains hammered 60 per cent of the capital on Wednesday (September 23).

Bangkok faced a southwest wind with a speed of 10-25 kilometres per hour around 3.20pm together with light rain yesterday, resulting in 21mm of rainfall.

But only 40 minutes later, the intensity of the rain increased in Bang Na, Prawet, Saphan Sung, Bang Kapi, Wang Thonglang, Lat Phrao, Bang Khen, Huay Kwang, Din Daeng, Dusit and Bang Sue districts, resulting in the highest quantity of rainfall at 74mm.

Bangkok residents snapped pictures and recorded video of flood waters that “took over” the city, showing how the rain has seriously affected the metropolitan area.

A video even showed flood waters around the MCOT junction in Huai Kwang generating a wave that swept away several vehicles parked on the street.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30395059

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-09-24

In front of Central Rama 9 last night.... 

[Edit - I just realised the same video (below) sent to me last night is the same one posted in the linked Nation article].

There will be a lot of pi$$ed off motorcycle riders. The passenger in the car can be heard to say "slow slow, people are going to be angry at at you" !!!! - I think he is right !

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Thanks 1

Clean the drains out , when you lay concrete foundations for new buildings add drainage to connect to present drainage system.

When building walls to enlose a space , find out the lowest part of the enclosed space and build a drain outlet.

When provided money to build and clean drainage , do it. Don't buy a new motor , it is not your money.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, NE1 said:

Clean the drains out , when you lay concrete foundations for new buildings add drainage to connect to present drainage system.

When building walls to enlose a space , find out the lowest part of the enclosed space and build a drain outlet.

When provided money to build and clean drainage , do it. Don't buy a new motor , it is not your money.

Thats would be a revolutionary concept for Thailand to grasp - Honesty!

Not going to happen ???? 

On 9/24/2020 at 7:52 AM, richard_smith237 said:

In front of Central Rama 9 last night.... 

[Edit - I just realised the same video (below) sent to me last night is the same one posted in the linked Nation article].

There will be a lot of pi$$ed off motorcycle riders. The passenger in the car can be heard to say "slow slow, people are going to be angry at at you" !!!! - I think he is right !

See the motorcyces falling because this filmer is driving so fast....also big waves go to the cars from his vehicle....selfish idiot.

• Like 1