Trump paid no income taxes in 10 of last 15 years - New York Times

webfact

I note this headline is from the New York Times. ha ha!

The truth is; President Trumps tax returns are currently under audit and not due to be released until the RIS have concluded

Anyways, like any good businessman he would seek to keep his tax liability to a minimum

• Confused 1

Gee!  Who should I believe.  The NY Times or the orange disaster who has ruined the USA while assuming no responsibility for the deaths of over 200,000.  He also would lie rather than admit that the sun comes up every morning and sets every night.

I think I will select the NY Times.

Vote this November if Trump allows!

1 hour ago, JIMHILL said:

The truth is; President Trumps tax returns are currently under audit and not due to be released until the RIS have concluded

Anyways, like any good businessman he would seek to keep his tax liability to a minimum

Don't bother, most here use the 1040-EZ form.  LOL ????

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, JIMHILL said:

It's true that Trump said he won't release his tax returns until the IRS audit is completed. But what's untrue is Trump's claim that he can't release his tax returns until the IRS audit is completed. Nothing in the IRS rules stipulates that.

Actually, in Trump's case it's not that "like any good businessman he would seek to keep his tax liability to a minimum." Rather it's rather that like any bad businessman his businesses are losing so much money that the doesn't have to pay taxes.

He also received a 79 million refund because he claimed that an estate of his functions as a business. Actually, as the Trump family's posts on the internet show, it's really a family retreat. The IRS is seeking to recover that refund.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, rebekkahr said:

Funny. Trump started out claiming it was fake news and has now switched to claiming that the documents were obtained illegally. Hmmm...fake documents obtained illegally. Maybe that makes sense to some people. To others it's further proof that the documents are exactly what the Times says they are.

Of course they are real. No paper would put themselves out there with unverified documents.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

Yes, the NYT & other news agencies are opponents of the President.

No surprise at all considering trump has from the beginning of his presidency attacked and defamed all media outlets who critique him, differ with his opinions; bottom line trump doesn't represent Free Speech Constitutional rights.

Edited by simple1
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, watthong said:

Actually more than a good citizen, he's a model to millions (of Americans) who voted for him, will still vote for him ("even if I (Trump) shoot someone on 5th ave."); and who no matter what's the truth (because the truth doesn't matter to their master and therefore to them as well,) what's fact (because facts are all "fake news" to their master and therefore to them as well) - will tell you, that Trump is the most responsible, law-abiding, caring, honest and... never mind, simply the greatest president of any nation on the face of the earth. And that anything comes out of the press is "hit-piece" - example of that right here on this thread - since the press is "the enemy of the people" (https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/437610-trump-calls-press-the-enemy-of-the-people.) 

You don't have to look far... They are everywhere, them trumpbots (trump supporters/fans/trolls (from troll farms = "bureaux" where dozens/hundreds of persons are hired to hunch over their laptop and flood their master propaganda on social media around the world and around the clock) - easily recognizable by their vacuous, sanctimonious, holier-than-thou verbiage and  convoluted, duplicitous legalese. Try mightily as they may they can't hide their lies or camouflage their "black is white and vice versa" version of truth. And when that doesn't work, "deflect, deflect, deflect" (again copious examples of that right here on this thread.) Trump tax returns have left us guessing since day one, but as with anything concerning Trump we expected the worst, so we are not surprised at the latest revelation (and many more to come for the next 4 or 5 weeks).

[To the rest of us, the MAJORITY of Americans who are NOt voting for him this November: There are just too many wasps buzzing at the mouth of the cave. Just swat them down. Remember our mission, going in and slaying the beast. We're gonna oust Trump. End of debate. Whatever the latest lackey Trump put on the SC, we'll deal with that later (starting with: we'll deal with SC itself). Whatever tax frauds Trump has committed, we'll have the means to take care of that. There's time to clear the cobwebs, get to the bottom of the drawers, etc. after we have hosed down the Oval office.] 

Below is one kind of Americans, say nearly 500 retired high-ranking military officers (among them more then 200, repeat more than two hundred, generals and admirals) and cabinet secretaries - dems, reps and any stripes in between, all decided that Trump needs to go. Don't they have enough legit credentials and experience, sense of duty and moral stance - all alien concept to the current POTUS - aren't they a zillion times worth spending your time with and energy listening to? (as opposed to debating endlessly -and senselessly - to the deluded nonsense the trumpbots and their master been spewing out in overdrive). 

What it all boils down to is any decent American, one who still retains a modicum of self-respect, would want to have a president whom they can be proud of, not one being booed with "Vote Him Out! Vote Him Out!" while standing on the steps of the Supreme Court, or laughed at when addressing the United Nations while abroad.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/elections/2020/09/24/nearly-500-generals-admirals-endorse-joe-biden-blast-donald-trump/3503917001/

https://www.businessinsider.com/former-gop-national-security-chiefs-back-biden-anti-trump-letter-2020-8

Just give a listening to what some of these folks got to say:

*Video edited out*

And dear Yinn, you will more than ever think that the USA is amazing, in the truest sense of the word.

Congrats - well said and worth repeating.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tug said:

Let’s just rid ourselves of this orange parasite close those tax loopholes and make the wealthy pay their fair share why do we have to carry the burden

A flat tax with few deductions is the only fair tax.

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, Yinn said:

Yes. You so clever. Understand my joke. 5555

Very famous. If I in India I will say “ incredible”.

india copy tourism marketing from TAT.

successful one. 

ok,....take a look.

Refuse army because he have spurs.     Nah

Cheat his pregnant wife with sex workers.  Nah

Grab woman on the .....    Nah

Covid loon.     Nah. 

I not vote for him. You will vote for trump?

หell NO!

I dont vote for Trump, im not American

16 hours ago, Kelsall said:

Yet another nothing burger. 

Rich person not paying taxes.  Ho hum.

The supposedly rich person in question in also the President of the United States.

For some reason, his supporters seem to believe that holding this office implies a lower bar.

14 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

Close the loopholes, a 15% flat tax with no exceptions regardless of salary. Fix it, don't just complain about the players.

Why don't you direct you ideas and complaints at the President? Also, while at it - where does your own comment stand vs. Trump's complaints about other players and, indeed, half the American people not paying their taxes?

13 hours ago, FlyingThai said:

Even if you consider the stuff in this article as true and correct (I don't) I assume that whatever amount he paid is according to the tax laws and cleared by the best accountants money can buy.

In other words: A big fat nothing burger compliments of the fake news.

Even if you consider posters take the time to acquaint themselves with what they are posting about (I don't), I assume they should know better than to spew nonsense.

In other words: Read the OP, read related stories on other media venues.

11 hours ago, JensenZ said:

Exactly. Where is the evidence and how did they obtain details of his income tax assessments/payments.

It's fake news unless they can provide solid, verifiable evidence.

If they do have documents to prove anything, they would have been obtained illegally, so it's very unlikely any evidence will surface.... it's just more huff and puff from desperate Democrats.

There's a rather clear test to this - did Trump sue or threaten to sue?

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Boon Mee said:

Well, they absolutely positively have him now! 555 

As we all know quite well, the NYT is Fake News Central. 

You do not speak for any "we".

And the New York Times is both a credible source, and an accepted one on this forum:

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/new-york-times/

Now feel free to 'counter' this with one of them smiley emojis.