Trump paid no income taxes in 10 of last 15 years - New York Times

webfact

2 minutes ago, bluehippie said:

You should take your own advice, read something that is representative of a fact all the whilst enjoying more dem rage butthurt.

Noone gives a flying #$#% about Trumps taxes, especially when it's all fake news and media lies, except those here who are deluded by the entire democratic debacle.

Remember how the New York Times won a Pulitzer for their Russia hoax? Then all their "sources" denied it when questioned haha.

all you brainwashed koolaid drinkers want so badly to believe everything especially the conspiracy lies. Need to get a life.

Trump cares about them.

the russia hoax sure did get a few convictions.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, bodga said:

so  what, anyone with any  money will  avoid  tax at  all costs.

More than that, it's not tax evasion if the President does it , to paraphrase a former occupant of the White House.

As with almost any Trump related topic, supporters will go through the same ritual:

- He didn't do it, 'fake news'.

- The Democrats/Media/Left are trying to make Trump look bad.

- Everyone does it.

- So what if he did?

- He was only joking/trolling/checking the system.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Mick501 said:

Always have to take with a pinch of salt anything published by the leftie extremists at NYT.  Seeing actual evidence would be nice.  Even if he did minimise taxes, so what?  The government at the time certainly didn't spend it well enough so that anyone should pay more than they absolutely had to.

The New York Times is not "leftie extremist", unless one is either firmly lodged at the far-right, or completely immersed in Trump worship.

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/new-york-times/

It's kinda funny, but some Leftists have their issues with the NYT as well:

Why the Left Can’t Stand The New York Times

https://www.cjr.org/special_report/why-the-left-cant-stand-the-new-york-times.php

Unless you really missed it "the government at the time" was, at least for some of that time, Trump's own administration. By the last nonsense 'reasoning' all those who oppose Trump should withhold or evade taxes. Now, that would be a bit out of line position for someone supporting a 'law and order' President, wouldn't it?

• Like 1

On 9/28/2020 at 7:10 AM, Yinn said:

Not pay tax.

Refuse army because he have spurs.

Cheat his pregnant wife with sex workers.

Grab woman on the .....

Covid loon.

Lie everyday. 

= Good citizen.

Millions vote for him.

Amazing USA.

Millions didn't vote for him.

Amazing Thailand

Have you got an idea how many rich people in your country do not pay tax?

Why writing bad about other countries if yours is even worse?

Oh, to make other countries look bad and stupid. Better to clean your own front yard first. 

Edited by teacherclaire

12 minutes ago, Morch said:

More than that, it's not tax evasion if the President does it , to paraphrase a former occupant of the White House.

As with almost any Trump related topic, supporters will go through the same ritual:

- He didn't do it, 'fake news'.

- The Democrats/Media/Left are trying to make Trump look bad.

- Everyone does it.

- So what if he did?

- He was only joking/trolling/checking the system.

I did not see anything in the article that the President had evaded taxes or broken any laws. 

You? 

3 minutes ago, nong38 said:

The democrats have been trying to get Trump removed for all his term, they just dont seem to accept he won the election last time round. Obama has behaved disgracefully for a retired President, he should have kept quiet. Continuous stream of mud has been thrown at Trump to make him look bad at every turn and that is sad. He won a democratic election and in a free democracy the tactics used by the opposition are part of that freedom, I dont like it but it comes with the territory in the end we will see if it succeeds or Trump get a second term. I hope he gets it for the tactics being used against him and I see Biden as being a puppet for the Obama's and the Clinton's but that me view. You are all free to agree or disagree but remember what free speech is. Freedom of speech is my right to tell you things you dont want to hear.

The opposition is not obligated not to seek the lawful, legal replacement of the party and/or president in power. That's nothing whatsoever to do with accepting election results. If anything, that's the opposite - in that it acknowledges the means which can be employed.

Guess you either choose not to recall or have no problems with how Republicans and Trump behaved during Obama's terms in office. Stream of mud? What was the 'Birther' thing, then? Or how about them Benghazi investigations? Or SC nominations? Etc.

As for someone going on about free speech, you don't seem to like it much when things are said which are not in line with your politics.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, mogandave said:

So that’ a no? 

I was referring to the article. No taxes evaded and no laws broken. A dispute that he may or may not lose. 

You were commenting on my post, which was a reply to another post. If you want to insist on taking it out of context, and framing things your way, go right ahead. The tax evasion was mentioned in the post I was replying to. The point made was that Trump supporters would deny, accept, deflect and embrace anything he does regardless of whether it's illegal, immoral or even real.

As for now laws broken, the OP and some of the President's own related statements over the years are at odds. Same (and more so) with regard to statements made by others close to Trump. Questions might be asked as to how he managed to finance operations with associated debts and loses. It was reported some time back that USA banks refused him loans, and that he had to seek finance elsewhere. That opens the door to questions as to how he presented his financial situation for such purposes, and who offered the financing. And so on and so forth. Been covered in previous posts.

48 minutes ago, mogandave said:

I did not see anything in the article that the President had evaded taxes or broken any laws. 

You? 

Yes. Avoiding tax by paying ivanka as a consultant when she was an employee.

Listing their property as an investment property when it isnt. Its a family retreat as stated on their website.

Now, they can check his tax claims against his bank loan claims.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sujo said:

Yes. Avoiding tax by paying ivanka as a consultant when she was an employee.

Listing their property as an investment property when it isnt. Its a family retreat as stated on their website.

Now, they can check his tax claims against his bank loan claims.

Regarding your final paragraph, unfortunately no, they can't, until his taxes are officially released.

1 hour ago, RocketDog said:

The truth is always considered bias when you're on the wrong side of it. 

Trump considers anybody who disagrees with him to be an enemy. Opponent is not a shameful word. 

What is shameful is criticizing your opponent for using the same tactics you employ. This has long been a part of the republican playbook. 

No, the truth is not biased, it’s just the truth. 

The truth is that the article does not accuse Trump of tax evasion, or any crime for that matter.

55 minutes ago, Morch said:

You were commenting on my post, which was a reply to another post. If you want to insist on taking it out of context, and framing things your way, go right ahead. The tax evasion was mentioned in the post I was replying to. The point made was that Trump supporters would deny, accept, deflect and embrace anything he does regardless of whether it's illegal, immoral or even real.

As for now laws broken, the OP and some of the President's own related statements over the years are at odds. Same (and more so) with regard to statements made by others close to Trump. Questions might be asked as to how he managed to finance operations with associated debts and loses. It was reported some time back that USA banks refused him loans, and that he had to seek finance elsewhere. That opens the door to questions as to how he presented his financial situation for such purposes, and who offered the financing. And so on and so forth. Been covered in previous posts.

And this is all years old now, yes? 

Has not the IRS,  the NYT, the State of New York and any number of other people been investigating all of it? 

The IRS (apparently) leaked Trump’s tax returns to the Times, why would they not leak anything else they had? 

if he’s guilty of tax evasion I would like to see him convicted, removed from office and incarcerated. 

If someone in the IRS leaked his tax returns to the press, I would like to see them convicted, terminated, lose their pension and be incarcerated. 

Until then, this just looks like an old story the left is re-hashing just in time for the election.

13 minutes ago, mogandave said:

No, the truth is not biased, it’s just the truth. 

The truth is that the article does not accuse Trump of tax evasion, or any crime for that matter.

You must have read a different article then, time for you to read the full one, since it looks like you're basing your opinion on the Reuters extract.

Edited by stevenl

6 minutes ago, mogandave said:

Do you think the IRS that is investigating him does not have access to his returns and his loan records? 

Of course they have, and that is also the reason why they have a decade long investigation still going.

Trump is currently embroiled in a decade-long Internal Revenue Service audit over a $72.9 million tax refund he claimed after declaring large losses. If the IRS rules against him in that audit, he could have to pay over $100 million, according to the newspaper.