Which bank to use

17 minutes ago, scorecard said:

Do you mean the bank has positive attitudes towards the environment?

That's farmer's bank. Pink bank is coverment bank, but wife's salary not going there. Or farmer bank. Point is , locals use coz have to use. I have Bangkok Bank and SCB. But like i say before there is many post already about banking. Where people give advice.

I know the bank you mean O/P. That's the inconveniently named 'Bank for Agriculture and Agricultural Cooperatives', or BAAC. You can have an account with them, (I have one for local use) but I doubt whether they can handle the requirements of a foreigner seeking evidence of income required by immigration.

Far better to use one of the better known banks for that purpose. I have an account with Krungsri. My monthly pension payments are initially paid into that account, then I transfer it to my BAAC account for day to day use. That way I keep my Krungrsi statements 'short and to the point' and immigration only see what I want them to see and no more.

• Like 2

On 9/30/2020 at 8:43 AM, 2 is 1 said:

Don't use Thai coverment bank! Even my wife not use that even she is coverment officer! Only salary go there and she move that right away to other bank! I think here has already many post about banking!

It's government, not coverment. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Medicine Man said:

Be wary of Bangkok banks debit card that is as useless as a chocolate teapot. K bank looks more progressive and in touch with Western banking..

The "official" reason Bangkok Bank went from a proper Visa Debit card to MasterCard TPN in November 2018, was the fees they had to pay to VISA. Another reason was Bank of Thailand, which proposed to every Thai bank to join the Thai Payment Network. Several banks did not go for it. There are even Visa TPN Debit cards and they work exactly like the MasterCard TPN,(or should I say don't work). 

• Like 1

I use Bangkok Bank and SCB, never had any problems. In Bangkok Bank 100 for the annual deposit letter for immigration, and 100 baht for 3-month's certified statement; done if few minutes while waiting.

In principle you can use any Thai bank. If the deposit is in a fixed account, it shall be possible to withdraw it at any time with only loss of interest. To my knowledge most Thai bank allow that on normal fixed accounts.

Apart from bank brands, there might also be difference between branch offices and how they are handled by the local bank manager. If you are happy with the service in you present local bank, then just use that...????