Messages for sick Trump split between "get well" and "told you so"

snoop1130

2 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

Still, vote him out and then make it clear there are rules in a democracy. It takes effort from the people to keep a democracy working, it's not a given. The people will get the government they deserve.

You obviously missed my point. He almost definitely will be voted out. However, it's much less definite that will translate to him actually being thrown out. Maybe you haven't bothered to watch the news in the last few months. 

1 minute ago, Jingthing said:

You obviously missed my point. He almost definitely will be voted out. However, it's much less definite that will translate to him actually being thrown out. Maybe you haven't bothered to watch the news in the last few months. 

My point is, if you accept a broken system where a result of an election is not recognized, you could just as well be living in a banana republic like Thailand. It is up to the people to demand their will is respected. Can't just sit down and go meh, too bad. That's what Thais do and that's why you have a de facto military junta driving the country to the ground. 

I expect better from Americans.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Jingthing said:

but to most there is little doubt that he's a very negative force in the world. 

Pretty much why there is the electoral college, so that the USA doesn't have tyranny of the masses. New York, New Jersey, California, and Illinois isn't the whole country and shouldn't control the all the other states because of their population.

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

Yes she probably is because that wasn't very long ago. But scientists don't yet know about longer term immunity from being infected and recovering. 

Yes, and an incubation period of 3 months and 28 days days would be good also.

19 minutes ago, IAMHERE said:

Pretty much why there is the electoral college, so that the USA doesn't have tyranny of the masses. New York, New Jersey, California, and Illinois isn't the whole country and shouldn't control the all the other states because of their population.

Your reply had nothing to do with my post. 

1 hour ago, DrTuner said:

My point is, if you accept a broken system where a result of an election is not recognized, you could just as well be living in a banana republic like Thailand. It is up to the people to demand their will is respected. Can't just sit down and go meh, too bad. That's what Thais do and that's why you have a de facto military junta driving the country to the ground. 

I expect better from Americans.

You may be disappointed. The USA is slipping into the authoritarian country zone and studies have shown once that happens its extremely difficult to get back to democracy.

21 minutes ago, IAMHERE said:

As long as they keep paying the bills for the illiterate red states.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Berkshire said:

Biden has announced that he's pulling all negative Trump ads for 14 days.  Can you imagine what Trump would do if it was Biden who came down with COVID?  Trump would be out there 24/7 viciously attacking Biden for being weak and stupid.  You know this to be true.  Fact is, we only have one candidate running for President who's a decent human being, and it's not Trump. 

We don't need a nice president. Biden should keep on pounding Trump regardless. This is a sign of biden's weakness. I don't want the harris administration to win but I don't approve of biden's softness.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Phoenix Rising said:

Yes, it's been obvious from the start that you base trump supporters are not big on decency softness. That's one of your many endearing qualities.

Don't lecture on decency. The Trump haters have been drooling and wishing all the worst for Trump. But joe getting easy on Trump is simply a sign of weakness.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, choff56 said:
3 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Yes she probably is because that wasn't very long ago. But scientists don't yet know about longer term immunity from being infected and recovering. 

Yes, and an incubation period of 3 months and 28 days days would be good also.

a) recovery from covid doesn't guarantee immunity.
b  recovery doesn't mean you no longer carry the virus.
c) recovery doesn't stop you from shredding the virus if you still have it.
I didn't make this up. My main covid source is Laurie Garrett (not CDC nor Fauci, thank God). Google her up.

Should I shudder or be rejoiced that the virus will soon come into the inner chamber of SC? Tough call... Sorry, I'm too distracted at how the outside world views America at the moment to consider any moral judgement.

Anonymous statement in the press.

The president is not currently on a clear path to recovery. 

It appears the experimental treatment didn't work because it is meant to prevent any symptoms. 

Possibly he took it too late.

Noise now suggests that the president knew he was positive and still was doing public events.

Politically that could be massive and the people exposed and all American voters need the full facts on the extent of the presidents irresponsibility.

The white house is now considered a hot virus zone.

Needless to say this is a grave situation with national security implications.

• Thanks 2