Non Immigrant O(Retirement Visa) not allowed to enter Thailand

Mark Frank V

I read there is a proposal to allow Non-O in if they have a balance of at least 500k baht in Thai bank account for past 6 months . Another dim witted attempt .Many  Non-O who winter in Thailand and return to home country in summer don't keep hunderds of thousands of Baht in a Thai bank . Typically they ship over enough to satisfy Visa requirement and then live off what is in the thai bank till the following trip and then rinse and repeat . I believe we are moving in the right direction but it is a slow and painful process .

• Like 1

I am convinced that the authorities making these decisions ie the CCSA in conjunction with the MFA do not fully understand the numbers of long stay retirees on a NON O retirement extension of stay. They think all long stay people have OA or OX visas which are obtained outside Thailand, these are controlled by the MFA. They are obviously working separate from the Immigration departments and the immigration police who control the retirement extension of stay which is obtained within Thailand.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, jimn said:

I am convinced that the authorities making these decisions ie the CCSA in conjunction with the MFA do not fully understand the numbers of long stay retirees on a NON O retirement extension of stay. They think all long stay people have OA or OX visas which are obtained outside Thailand, these are controlled by the MFA. They are obviously working separate from the Immigration departments and the immigration police who control the retirement extension of stay which is obtained within Thailand.

IMO they do know and don't care. They made it harder for me to renew my extension every year. Far as I can tell they don't want us, but can't just ban us all, for obvious reasons.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

IMO they do know and don't care. They made it harder for me to renew my extension every year. Far as I can tell they don't want us, but can't just ban us all, for obvious reasons.

I agree, but really I was speaking about a totally different issue regarding who is allowed to re enter Thailand

On 10/4/2020 at 1:32 AM, fceligoj said:

You should not have left in the first place, especially with a retirement visa.

as i and many in the same position thats a trending comment from some in the xpat community i find somewhat disappointing and as many thias also think we are the source and virus ravaged havent seen it where i am, a recent report show they have wrongly over reported deaths by "double" real democracies are not handling the less news is best to well

Edited by agoodpunt

On 10/6/2020 at 5:39 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

I would think that non Imm retirement re-entry to overwinter winter would be just the sort of visitor Thailand did want because they have created a visa to enable visitors to do exactly that! 

Just checking the possibility of the Caribbean this winter and I see the Bahamas is agreeable to accepting a certified Covid test 7 days prior to arrival , quick test on arrival and follow up test 5 days later . Probably give it another month but if Thailand doesn't make more tourist friendly demands I could be booking in the Caribbean .  They can choke on the money they defrauded in Non O visa's and rentry permits .