Trump moved to military hospital after COVID-19 diagnosis

rooster59

11 hours ago, rvaviator said:

Or maybe do not overestimate  the American electorate?  ???? ....  For some, this man can do no wrong ....... I am convinced some think he is the new messiah and saver of the 'free' world    

Don't have to be convinced, it's been claimed...

https://theconversation.com/rick-perrys-belief-that-trump-was-chosen-by-god-is-shared-by-many-in-a-fast-growing-christian-movement-127781

US President Donald Trump says he is ‘the chosen one’, and many of his evangelical supporters agree.

https://www.aspistrategist.org.au/the-messiah-of-mar-a-lago/

On 10/4/2020 at 2:10 PM, heybruce said:

Unlikely.  Trump wants to make this campaign about anything but how he handled the pandemic.

Not sure.  I am seeing a lot of spin being applied to this one.  It would not surprise me.

19 hours ago, JTXR said:

Walter Reed is the go-to hospital in Washington for US presidents, in large part because it already has top-drawer security.  The fact that it is a military hospital doesn't indicate anything about the seriousness of the condition.

A military hospital also makes it much easier to control the information that becomes public than the leaky White House.  Mark Meadows should be bringing his resume up-to-date as we speak. 

On 10/4/2020 at 9:18 AM, PatOngo said:
On 10/4/2020 at 7:54 AM, TopDeadSenter said:

No need to wait for any credible and authoritative source for this highly inflammatory and potentially very misleading accusation. It is Trump after all. Run with any rumor, make up any nonsense to attack him. His skin color, the size of his hands, his weight. Anything is on the table. No other person on the planet you can do this too. Have fun!

Lyin' Ted, Little Marco, Crooked Hillary, Lock her up, Sleepy Joe, mmmm, now who was it said that, fanboy?

"That was nasty. I never said such horrible thing about these nasty people. The most nasty people on the planet, you know it and I know it and the Dems, especially know it. Btw, gimme the remote - and get this damn thing off my face - now, what was that again, woman, man, camera ...and whatelse, Mark?" 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, PattayaJames said:

I am not religious,  but saver of the free world for sure, I will go with that. ????

More like leader of the illiberal world. He's much more Erdogan than a normal American president and that's a crying shame.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/america-is-becoming-a-land-of-less-liberty/2016/12/29/2a91744c-ce09-11e6-a747-d03044780a02_story.html

• Like 1

On 10/4/2020 at 8:47 AM, TKDfella said:

I wish Pres. Trump and his family well and hope they recover soon, as I do for all those who who suffer similarly. VP Biden is, I understand from morning news, is looking to use the opportunity to 'seal' (MSN headline) his bid for office. And why not indeed, he has posted his wishes for the President but there's a job to be done, this is politics and there is no 'time out' here. Stay safe and well, Sir.

It is ironic, Mr. VP Biden, some of your followers here on TV rant on about Pres. Trump being 'this & that' and yet they follow his alleged example in their wishes to condemn him, instead of following your example.

That is because, Polly-ann, when you go low, we go lower. Just because we can.

7 minutes ago, PattayaJames said:

Quite possibly they were, by Trumps quick and desisive action early on.

No, they died. Unless you mean 'saved' in a very obscure way, that is.

As for Trump's travel bans (covered on past topics), Chinese and others kept coming in after the 'bans' were in place.

6 minutes ago, PattayaJames said:

It's not an obscure way, it was by taking quick and desisive action.

Over 200,000 Americans died. They were not 'saved'. Trump's travel bans did not 'save' them.

Which part of the above do you find confusing?

5 minutes ago, Morch said:

Over 200,000 Americans died. They were not 'saved'. Trump's travel bans did not 'save' them.

Which part of the above do you find confusing?

You do understand that lives can be saved despite lives being lost?

Maybe his actions saved millions. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, PattayaJames said:

Quite possibly they were, by Trumps quick and desisive action early on.

17 minutes ago, PattayaJames said:

It's not an obscure way, it was by taking quick and desisive action.

2 minutes ago, PattayaJames said:

Partially closing borders after the virus was well established in the US may have slowed the spread a little.

Other decisive action, such as using the Defense Production Act to increase manufacture of PPE (when was the last time you saw a N95 mask for sell in the US?) would have saved many more lives.  Consistent leadership and unambiguous messaging would have saved more still. 

Even now a little leadership by example would help.  Why won't Trump consistently wear a mask and ask others to do so?

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, PattayaJames said:

I understand that 200,000 lives were not 'saved'. Suggest you consult the exchange leading to this and stop with the deflections.

As for your claims, addressed numerous times on these topics - that you present them as undisputed facts or ignore input not in line with your narrative doesn't change reality.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, PattayaJames said:

His non action caused the most deaths in the world from Covid and worse per capita deaths among developed countries. How low a bar you going to bend backwards and surrender to Trump’s idiocy. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

His non action caused the most deaths in the world from Covid and worse per capita deaths among developed countries. How low a bar you going to bend backwards and surrender to Trump’s idiocy. 

Yes exactly. His relative Mary accused him of mass murder. I agree though probably not first degree mass murder. He has not only been negligent but intentionally negligent with full knowledge of the mass death consequences.

5 hours ago, PattayaJames said:

Actually the number could be in the billions. Or let's say the rest of the human race. From the same fountain of idiocy we also got this oxymoron "It is under control as much as we can control it" (Trump, Axios interview.) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tie Dye Samurai said:

he has been totally and utterly ineffectual in curtailing the pandemic since that one action he took with his travel ban.

Which one? 

The China one, following which about 40,000 people flew - direct - from China to the USA, or

The Europe one.  All of Europe that is except UK and Ireland, either of which could have easily been used as a steppng stone by anyone who wished.

And those two are probably the closest actions he has taken to being in any way effective.

PH

• Like 2