Does extension of stay reset the clock for 90 day reports/

On 10/3/2020 at 4:40 PM, Crossy said:

The FIRST extension on an entry does reset the clock, any extensions thereafter do not.

If unsure do a report, they don't issue fines for reporting too early ???? 

That is not universally true.

Udon Immigration will set the report date to your extension expiry date, so the clock is reset each year, as in my 10 day “90 day” report under
EB3BBE4F-F67C-46F8-B934-2D88E58DF64F.jpeg.1fb654e3a6db6ee4019edb5c13da15f7.jpeg

As With most offices the 90 ish day report is separate from the renewal process.

Other offices have different policies.

19 hours ago, Susco said:

19 hours ago, vinci said:

the extension reset your 90 days report, the information that you submit to get a new extension are consider a report

Don't spread wrong information. In country extensions and 90 day reports have nothing to do with each other.

Only if you leave the country and re-enter, your 90 day is reset

Correcting an incorrect post is good but only the first sentence is mostly correct. Your second sentence is wrong.

some offices include the 90 day report as part of the extension and reset the date.

Some offices reset the date to the extension expiry date, though you still need to do a separate report.

Some offices do not reset the date.

43 minutes ago, sometimewoodworker said:

Correcting an incorrect post is good but only the first sentence is mostly correct. Your second sentence is wrong.

some offices include the 90 day report as part of the extension and reset the date.

Some offices reset the date to the extension expiry date, though you still need to do a separate report.

Some offices do not reset the date.

We are not discussing here what "some" offices MAY or may not do, but what is written in the immigration law.

Next we gonna say, some traffic police officers don't care if you cross a red traffic light, so it is allowed.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Jaxxper said:

I believe only leaving and returning zeroes the clock.

Some people have trouble understanding  that simple rule.

I'd guess over the last years such a post   and answer  has been made at least a dozen or more times.

The search engine isn't easy to use  but  the information is  actually easy to find.   

I'd start with a Google search.

Edited by Andy from Kent

9 minutes ago, Andy from Kent said:

Some people have trouble understanding  that simple rule.

I'd guess over the last years such a post   and answer  has been made at least a dozen or more times.

The search engine isn't easy to use  but  the information is  actually easy to find.   

I'd start with a Google search.

Currently impossible to leave and return. I would hate to try to get back into Thailand after leaving.

On 10/3/2020 at 11:30 AM, KhunFred said:

Now I am wondering if the extension reset the clock on 90 day reporting...

It's depending of the immigration in the province you live.

There has been numerous postings about 90-days reporting is independant from extensions of stay, whilst in the province where I live – Surat Thani – the 90-days report always resets by the date of a granted extension of stay.

It easy to do online 90-days address report...????

22 hours ago, vinci said:

the one years extension reset your 90 days report, the information that you submit to get a new extension are consider a report, a new 90 days start when they stamp your one year extension approval.

I'm living proof that is incorrect information for at least some locations, including the One Stop in BKK.  Read my Post #11 for what happened when I believed it. 

Spoiler alert:  2000 baht fine and a stamp of shame in my passport that was referred to as an "overstay stamp" by the airline ticket agent and Thai Immigration officer next time I left the country.

4 hours ago, Susco said:

We are not discussing here what "some" offices MAY or may not do, but what is written in the immigration law.

Next we gonna say, some traffic police officers don't care if you cross a red traffic light, so it is allowed.

You are unfortunately trying to rationalise Thai practices with rigidity following a set of rules, they sometimes don’t.

You can quote the immigration rules. Some offices follow them some don’t. Some rules are specifically written to allow for variations.

you may talk about a fantasy land where the rules are rigidly followed, we are not.

you are absolutely wrong with the claim that the 90 day report is not reset apart from the first extension and a new entry to Thailand. I know of several offices that reset the date on extension expiry and have posted a sample of that.

This is about what happens in immigration offices, which is the places we need to visit. It isn’t about what is written, as that is not always what is done.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, FlyingThai said:

How about when you stay at a hotel in between and they file a TM.30 for your stay there?

That it again dependant your home office some require you to make a new TM30 within 24 hours of returning home, others like Udon say don’t bother with a new TM30 if you are returning to your home address. 
TIT YMMV

5 hours ago, FlyingThai said:

How about when you stay at a hotel in between and they file a TM.30 for your stay there?

A TM30 report is only needed now if you change your registered address immigration has.

It is no longer required after staying in a hotel.

41 minutes ago, sometimewoodworker said:

That it again dependant your home office some require you to make a new TM30 within 24 hours of returning home, others like Udon say don’t bother with a new TM30 if you are returning to your home address. 

Not according the new regulation that went into effect on June 30th.

On 10/3/2020 at 10:30 PM, vinci said:

so what do you think you're doing when applying for the new one year extension, wasn't your address and info are submit when applying for new extension, 90 days reporting are basically you must report to immigration whereabouts, when you apply for your extension aren't you submitting your info to them including whereabout you are.  

You are expecting logic! This is Thailand! In many Immigration Offices an Extension of Stay and a 90-day Report are considered separate items. I always use an agent (merely for the sake of convenience) and I give him written instructions: 1. Extension of Stay; 2. 90-day Report. Never made a mistake!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/4/2020 at 7:01 PM, khunPer said:

It's depending of the immigration in the province you live.

There has been numerous postings about 90-days reporting is independant from extensions of stay, whilst in the province where I live – Surat Thani – the 90-days report always resets by the date of a granted extension of stay.

It easy to do online 90-days address report...????

I am always amused by the posts saying "it's easy to do a 90 day report online."  I have tried in many different ways, using all of the "advice" on this forum, and I have not been able to get into the system, nor do I have a password. The online system is just like everything else in Thailand. Whim of Immigration.

1 minute ago, KhunFred said:

I am always amused by the posts saying "it's easy to do a 90 day report online."  I have tried in many different ways, using all of the "advice" on this forum, and I have not been able to get into the system, nor do I have a password. The online system is just like everything else in Thailand. Whim of Immigration.

That is amazing... you don't need a password to do an on-line 90 day report. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

That is amazing... you don't need a password to do an on-line 90 day report. 

I will go in person on the 31st when I receive my next pension payment. I don't want to risk not having the 2000 baht fine, in case it is assessed. Immigration detention is very difficult to get out of.

2 minutes ago, KhunFred said:

I will go in person on the 31st when I receive my next pension payment. I don't want to risk not having the 2000 baht fine, in case it is assessed. Immigration detention is very difficult to get out of.

I don't think they chuck people into IDC for not doing your 90 day report, that is for overstay. 

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

I don't think they chuck people into IDC for not doing your 90 day report, that is for overstay. 

Glad you're confident of that. I am not. They make the rules as they go along.

2 hours ago, KhunFred said:

It always works for me. Are you sure you are trying to do your online report at the correct time? You can only do your 90 day reports online during the "fifteen day prior to due date" window that you are legible for. If you try to do it outside that window you just get a message saying you must go to your immigration office.

Prior to amnesty, the window was only seven days prior until due date. There's no "seven days after due date option" for online reports. 

9 minutes ago, john terry1001 said:

It always works for me. Are you sure you are trying to do your online report at the correct time? You can only do your 90 day reports online during the "fifteen day prior to due date" window that you are legible for. If you try to do it outside that window you just get a message saying you must go to your immigration office.

Prior to amnesty, the window was only seven days prior until due date. There's no "seven days after due date option" for online reports. 

All rules were complied with. I got the same result each time....NOTHING!!!

11 minutes ago, KhunFred said:

All rules were complied with. I got the same result each time....NOTHING!!!

Are you doing it using the mobile app on your phone or using the webpage on a laptop?

When I did mine in both May and July the mobile app was apparently down but worked both times using my Laptop. Due again in two weeks so I'll try the mobile app again then.

Edited by john terry1001

3 hours ago, KhunFred said:

Did you scroll down the "terms and conditions" and marked the box that you have read them and understood it all?

You cannot get access, i.e. "accept", before you have done that; you don't need an user-ID and password, you are using your passport-number, or the reference number you are given when sending your 90-day address notification, for later check of approval and print the the slip that you need to DIY staple in your passport...????

43 minutes ago, john terry1001 said:

Are you doing it using the mobile app on your phone or using the webpage on a laptop?

When I did mine in both May and July the mobile app was apparently down but worked both times using my Laptop. Due again in two weeks so I'll try the mobile app again then.

I used my home computer, a Mac Mini. I also have the phone app but it is completely worthless.

2 hours ago, KhunFred said:

I used my home computer, a Mac Mini. I also have the phone app but it is completely worthless.

I've just been re-reading your OP's. You said your 90 day report was due on the 20th (I assume September) and you/your agent did your extension on the 18th. you could have done your report anytime after 5th September until the 27th. Surely the agent wasn't holding your passport for over three weeks?

Had you have filed your report before the 18th, the question of the extension affecting any (possible confusing) resetting of the 90 day report by an extension would not have come into it anyway.

You are likely to be fined for filing a late report but you're not being ripped off, you'll be fined for not filing the report during the (generous?) three week period you were allowed. 

As your report is is now late you can't do this one on line anyway, you have to visit Immigration to do it. 

On 10/3/2020 at 5:05 PM, ubonjoe said:

You should not be fined for a late report since the amnesty was extended to the 31st of this month and it includes 90 day reports.

Not correct? if not on original amnesty?

3 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

He has been on the amnesty since April 7th and is on the newest extension of it now.

ok and stand corrected  and yes just as a matter of interest there are quite a few who have done their 90 day reporting and they are as usual very welcoming.

35 minutes ago, jwest10 said:

ok and stand corrected  and yes just as a matter of interest there are quite a few who have done their 90 day reporting and they are as usual very welcoming.

I skipped mine that was due in April due to being under lockdown then and we were told not to leave home unless you had to. Doing 90 a day report was something I did not have to do then.

Got caught up in August and there were no questions asked. Handed over my passport and in just few minutes I had a new receipt with a report date in November.