UK visitors denied tourist visas

5 hours ago, Fat George said:

Just some Sunday morning flippancy. I wasn't being deadly serious. What starts to irk me is how the Chinese are being welcomed with open arms. They being the orchestrators of the the virus in the first place. But we all know why, don't we? 

There are many other coundry's , whitch have deny UK people entry! So why you start talk about Thailand! Everybody who have brain know the reason! And if your nickname tell your weight i recommend you stay in home!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, EricTh said:

Which country should be allowed entry to Thailand depends on how well they controlled the spread of virus during the last 90 days.

Thailand did a great job... but not the first 30 countries in this list.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

"Thailand did a great job"

Thailand locked down the country. That's not same as doing a great job. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

3 hours ago, stouricks said:
4 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Because they've done a great job of controlling the virus?

Who, the Chinese or the Thais?

What you don't know won't hurt you !

I was answering @Fat George's question...

6 hours ago, Fat George said:

Just some Sunday morning flippancy. I wasn't being deadly serious. What starts to irk me is how the Chinese are being welcomed with open arms. They being the orchestrators of the the virus in the first place. But we all know why, don't we? 

The Chinese of course. Now stop being obtuse.

Edited by NanLaew
  • Confused 2

6 hours ago, GeorgeCross said:

i think thai people have suffered enough from the actions of their government already

Thai boarders have billions of people wanting to get in. They are protecting Thai boarders well. So, who is the one who is suffering, Thai people or the ones who can't get in?

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, baansgr said:

Did Thailand have over 12,000 new cases of Covid yesterday? 

how  would  u  know? there  must be  plenty of  Burmese  crossing those incredibly  porous  borders daily and its  on the increase in burma.

1 hour ago, Max69xl said:

The Chinese,about 120-126 of them comes from one Chinese region (on a chartered flight) which supposedly has been covid-19 free for several weeks. The thai government said a few days ago that it is an experiment. Do you think 120-126 people is a huge number? 

if  i shot u once or 126  times what would you think?

9 minutes ago, GeorgeCross said:

report from the paper that cannot be named is saying the STV visa now requires TWO health insurance policies:

1 thai policy - 400K inpatient + 40K outpatient (thai company only)

1 covid policy - 100K USD

i'd say the insurances are now going to cost more than the holiday!

and totally out of reach for all but the wealthiest pensioners

this really is descending into a total farce

STV means Special Tourist Visa.

If you can't afford any part of it, you're obviously not all that special.

1 hour ago, SovietChild said:

Thai boarders have billions of people wanting to get in. They are protecting Thai boarders well. So, who is the one who is suffering, Thai people or the ones who can't get in?

Are these boarders the ones who want to cross the borders?    LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Fat George said:

NEWS from Barrow: It seems Brits are denied the special tourist visa. Should we now lobby the UK Gov to deny entry to all Thai people?

Absolutely Not! ????

ALL Thai people do not make the rules ????

If individuals where ever they are would take responsibility, and individually modify their behavior to be paranoid about passing whatever they have to another, we would not need these current blanket rules to control the herds of dummies. I'm especially talking about those who have the resources to do that, in all aspects.

As soon as the the UK Goverments relax  the rules  about 20% (from my own observations), appear to act like the virus has been eliminated. There was a large group of teenagers in the middle of town the other evening, perhaps 20 or 30, no masks, just muppets, one group at the end of the park 10+. One Police unit observing....~current rule may be <=group of six, outdoors, two households, unless at School. 

Could understand why the Thai Gov would not want that ~20% over there, when they are the problem in the UK. 

Thank you, Fat George.

The image that has been posted is a screenshot of a post on the Twitter account of Richard Barrow. Would someone who uses Twitter be kind enough to help and hunt down the link to that particular post and then post it here? 

8 hours ago, Fat George said:

Thailand is, most likely, not blaming the Chinese. But what bothers me, is the, likely, fake statistics in China about the course of infections and asymptomatic cases. What could possibly go wrong, Thailand?

As for the STV, it is hard to understand; does one have to apply in one's homecountry, and what if one (with a passport from a "high-risk" country hasn't been in any "high-risk country" since the pandemic started?

Edited by StayinThailand2much
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, StayinThailand2much said:

Thailand is, most likely, not blaming the Chinese. But what bothers me, is the, likely, fake statistics in China about the course of infections and asymptomatic cases. What could possibly go wrong, Thailand?

It's a two step process, I will break it down :

1 - China lies

2 - People die

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, StayinThailand2much said:

There would be higher than normal detected infections during the quarantine period which might make Thailand question why they are so many of them that were not detected before traveling to here.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

There would be higher than normal detected infections during the quarantine period which might make Thailand question why they are so many of them that were not detected before traveling to here.

They also have a 14 day quarantine when you return to China - I suspect this will put a lot of people off.

I doubt it's a resort quarantine on the way back into China.

There's some information on the regulations published here : https://www.china-briefing.com/news/chinas-travel-restrictions-due-to-covid-19-an-explainer/

6 hours ago, sammieuk1 said:
8 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Because they've done a great job of controlling the virus?

Allegedly and without any mass testing 

...but, most importantly, without significant numbers of deaths.

• Confused 1