Foreign Ministry Ready for Long-Stay Visitors

Foreign Ministry Ready for Long-Stay Visitors

long.JPG

BANGKOK, Oct 3 (TNA) – The Ministry of Foreign Affairs has ordered Thai embassies and consulates-general worldwide to prepare for issuing visas for long-stay visitors. 

Natapanu Noppakhun, deputy spokesman of the ministry, said Special Tourist Visa (STV) would be issued for the foreigners who passed COVID-19 control measures and planned long stays in Thailand. 

The government initiated the special visa to allow in foreign tourists in order to relieve economic problems resulting from the coronavirus disease 2019. 

Full story: https://tna.mcot.net/english-news/line-today-english-news-553645

tnalogo.jpg

-- © Copyright TNA 2020-10-04
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, ezzra said:

So the pitiful number of tourists that will come in, they will save Thailand tourism industry where in the good times 40 millions came in?...

The number 40 million during 2019 is a fake number from TAT. Everybody living in Thailand knows that 2019 was a disaster tourism wise. Phuket had less then 50% (some sub-districts said 30%) of normal bookings and it was the same in Pattaya and other places. When counting "arrivals", then you will get a high number because of migrant workers from neighboring countries. They pass the borders on a regular basis. If immigration used the TM6 arrival card which says if you're a tourist or not, it would be quite easy to come up with a more correct number of proper tourists.  But it will never happen. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, phetchy said:

As far as I know, the visa is only available to tourists flying in from "safe" countries.  I have yet to find this list? 

No official list exist yet, there is list of EU countries that's been floating around on various facebook groups, but those countries are far from what I would call safe.

1 hour ago, phetchy said:

As far as I know, the visa is only available to tourists flying in from "safe" countries.  I have yet to find this list? 

todays bangkok post has an article advising prospective stv applicants to contact the public health ministry to confirm the low risk country citizens being permitted to travel into thailand...........??????

the article did not identify these low risk countries. 

Check out thailongstay FB and you see the list. UK is not on it.

1 hour ago, mybeat said:

No official list exist yet, there is list of EU countries that's been floating around on various facebook groups, but those countries are far from what I would call safe.

You can check website of Thai embassy of your home country. And thailongstay has a list. 

Edited by Letseng

35 minutes ago, Letseng said:

You can check website of Thai embassy of your home country. And thailongstay has a list. 

could not find list on thai embassy canberra (australia) and thailongstay facebook has a list of 8 european countries only?

TIT again - can anybody CONFIRM whether or not australia is on the OFFICIAL DEFINITIVE list re stv

• Like 1