Dengue fever: nearly 60,000 cases since January and 38 deaths - young most affected

webfact

Dengue fever: nearly 60,000 cases since January and 38 deaths - young most affected

3pm.jpg

Picture: Sanook

Sanook reported that dengue fever continues to claim lives in the kingdom.

Figures from the infectious disease department showed that between January 1st and September 28th there were 59,842 cases and 38 deaths. 

The three worst hit provinces were Mae Hong Son in the far north and Nakhon Ratchasima and Chaiyaphum in the north east.

The three age groups that had the most cases were 15 - 24, 10 - 14 and 25 - 34 year olds.

Among the most common reason for death was in patients who were obese, those slow in seeking treatment and misdiagnosis.

The authorities repeated their practical measures to stop the spread of the disease such as clearing standing water, tidying up houses and yards and wearing clothing to prevent being bitten. 

Sanook said that the disease showed no signs of letting up especially now that the rainy season was hitting Thailand. 

Source: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-10-05

Wasn't there a report a few weeks back about those who have had dengue have slightly more immunity to covid?

Or did I dream that? Not sure, had dengue twice.... addled my brain and all

Gov should have some way to spin this as a positive....

• Thanks 1

Wife was in in hospital visiting her father the other day in khon kaen and her father was in a general ward after spending two days in a corridor. She said the ward was full of mosquitoes as the windows were all open because of the heat at night . I said that’s crazy that people are sick in hospital and then being left to lay there with the possibility of catching dengue. Luckily for the father in law though his grandson is in the army so next day he got moved to a private room when one became available.

She also said not one person she seen there or coming in to the ward had been tested for COVID ! ????

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Another nail in the Tourism coffin if  this report becomes widely known in the West.

Suggest the Prayuth follows Singapore and bans all mosquitoes from Thailand, or order them to emigrate to Laos and Myanmar

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Robin said:

Another nail in the Tourism coffin if  this report becomes widely known in the West.

Suggest the Prayuth follows Singapore and bans all mosquitoes from Thailand, or order them to emigrate to Laos and Myanmar

Yep, Singapore seems to be doing a wonderful job this year........

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/dengue-singapore-cases-20200-surpass-total-count-2019-12929646#:~:text=As of 3pm on Monday,NEA said on its website.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Robin said:

27 minutes ago, dabhand said:

Don't get too serious about it ????

4 hours ago, Keesters said:

The three age groups that had the most cases were 15 - 24, 10 - 14 and 25 - 34 year olds.

So basically 10-34 year olds. 

Maybe the 15-24 , 10-14, and 25-34 age groups means that the 14 ½ and 24 ½ age groups have less cases?

4 hours ago, CLW said:

Meanwhile the great leaders and parts of the population are paranoid about COVID-19. Get your priorities straight!

PS: Traffic deaths are also the highest worldwide. Good job!

Some people are paranoid.

We had the local community clinic come to the property to warn us that a neighbor had dengue. Checked all water laying around, put chemicals in water stored for gardens. Came back two days later to check again and then the whole area was sprayed.

Keep bashing away and do not recognize the good works they do.

3 hours ago, lockyv7 said:

I wonder how many of these 60,000 are suffering with something else that also has fever symptoms, if they dont test for corona then why would they test for Dengue.  

Different symptoms, and more easy to find out.

Edited by Peterphuket
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Emdog said:

Wasn't there a report a few weeks back about those who have had dengue have slightly more immunity to covid?

Or did I dream that? Not sure, had dengue twice.... addled my brain and all

Gov should have some way to spin this as a positive....

Also Ganja helps with Wuhan Virus 

• Haha 2

I've had both dengue and recently chikunguyaa, both which are very prevalent here in Thailand. They came and sprayed my house but not my neighborhood so in less than 12 hours these little buggers can return and reek havoc but they are worried about covid which is migitable

2 hours ago, hugocnx said:

Yes, you quite right. So far this year roughly 3585 covid cases and that is from an enemy you cannot see or spray.

So yes, I still cannot understand the covid panic other than it's a plan.

BTW: Influenza & Pneumonia 33,808 death sofar in Thailand this year according to WHO.

Year count about 45,000.  ????

image.png.2dff4c034e01069b83ae73c96c982222.png

Other than it's a plan? Do not fear, as long as you keep on your aluminium hat you are safe. ????????

Surely even you must understand that the only reason that number is at 59 is because of the lockdown? 

I am by no means pro-lockdown. But this picture you're showing is completely irrelevant. Serves no purpose whatsoever other than convincing yourself of your own lunacy. 

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, GeoMill said:

Other than it's a plan? Do not fear, as long as you keep on your aluminium hat you are safe. ????????

Surely even you must understand that the only reason that number is at 59 is because of the lockdown? 

I am by no means pro-lockdown. But this picture you're showing is completely irrelevant. Serves no purpose whatsoever other than convincing yourself of your own lunacy. 

Oh man, are you intelligent.

• Haha 1