Wellness quarantine facilities to be offered to long-stay foreign tourists

webfact

16 minutes ago, webfact said:

He has assigned health officers to figure out ways to reduce quarantine from 14 days to a lesser but appropriate and safe period.

Anutin using his authority to re write covid 19 safety procedures doubtless using his vast medical knowledge!

Either that or he just opened his mouth and let the drivel spew forth, I will let you decide...

Edited by mark131v

13 minutes ago, mark131v said:

That was a bit of an head scratcher then I remembered this is headed up by Ai Anutin

Very observant and highly perceptive insight, either that or stating the bleeding obvious...

Mmmm, you reckon...

Roughly 39,000 baht per visitor? In this economic climate?

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, webfact said:

Anutin admitted that staying in the quarantine area for up to 14 days could be difficult

Given his demonstrated intelligence thus far , him just now catching on to something all of us have said for a couple months is an advance

• Haha 2

You work hard to get nice things. They are too obsessed with get rich quick schemes.

Logical opening would be to give an extended visa to anyone willing to visit and quarantine 14 days with just testing. Once that is established they can then reduce quarantine days for lower case countries.. Its a marathon but they are focusing on winning the race without even running ????‍♂️.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, webfact said:

Wellness Quarantine is one of the new plans being pursued before considering a reduction in the quarantine period.

That pungent smell of money is wafting through the corridors of T.A.T 

• Like 2

"Nobody wants to come to Thailand"

You guys are also talking rubbish, I know of many that would come for long stay (more than 6 months) 

tomorrow if allowed. Many have their own (or long term rent) apartments & (or) lady friends here 

& would be only to happy to quarantine for 14 days at their expense.

Note: info only: NSW (Sydney) entry quarantine Bht 66,000 approx EVEN for their own citizens

& their dog box hotels no where as good as Thailands

• Like 1

On 10/6/2020 at 3:31 PM, webfact said:

Some 5,000 arrivals are expected by the end of December 2020, generating an income of approximately Bt195 million.

I am puzzled: this means 39,000 per visitor but the lowest price for an ASQ is roughly that amount. Surely they expect the "new tourist" to spend more time after their quarantine and generate a more substantial income. This being said, if that is really the price one is expected to pay for a fortnight, divided between spas and golf courses, I an sure that there will plenty of applicants as this kind of money is usually spent in a day at some renowned places. 

On 10/6/2020 at 6:45 PM, mark131v said:

Anutin using his authority to re write covid 19 safety procedures doubtless using his vast medical knowledge!

Either that or he just opened his mouth and let the drivel spew forth, I will let you decide...

He only needs to copy what others are doing eg Singapore and Taiwan but from very low risk countries.. Bring it on,