October 2020 visa extension all starting from November 01, but not at Pattaya Jomtien Immigration ! one more time !

2 minutes ago, scoupeo said:

if you apply this month, they start your new visa from the day you apply, not november 1st, exactly as they did last month !

apply today, your extension starts october 6th, not november 1st

easy to understand

Will start counting from November 1 , 2020 what read there what you not understand!

Also read: The permission date of all visa types will be effective from November 1!

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, scoupeo said:

if you apply this month, they start your new visa from the day you apply, not november 1st, exactly as they did last month !

apply today, your extension starts october 6th, not november 1st

easy to understand

Do you have a 60 day stamp that ends on 5 December? Would be good to see. 

13 hours ago, scoupeo said:

why are you talking if you are not even able to read what is written ? so boring you ! I cannot stand people like you anymore !

I AM TELLING YOU that pattaya immigrarats do not start new visa from November 1st !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! clear now ?!

so please stop talking until you are able to at least read !!!

It all seems a bit confused, I am pretty certain those doing EXTENSIONS for retirement or marriage at the moment will not all 'start counting' from November 1st, going to make the office busy next year.

Perhaps the announcement is at fault, and it makes little sense to implement according to it.

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Kerryd said:

"THAILAND: The Thai Immigration Bureau issued an announcement today (Oct 6) reaffirming their confirmation that all visa types extended during the latest amnesty or before Oct 31 will collectively come into effect starting November 1, 2020."

They should call Pattaya to tell them !!!

3 minutes ago, scoupeo said:

They should call Pattaya to tell them !!!

Could you please enlighten all of us, what were the requirements to apply for the 60 day extension please? You would be the first to report this and it would help a lot of people!

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, 2530Ubon said:

Well today is the first day you could apply for the 60 day extension, have you done so already? Only asking because it's very early to apply. What were the requirements to apply and did you get the 60 days in one hit?

Yes - don't hurry. Perhaps better wait for the next amnesty and after this for the amnesty thereafter and after this... You know already ????

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Oldie said:

Yes - don't hurry. Perhaps better wait for the next amnesty and after this for the amnesty thereafter and after this... You know already ????

I was one of the unlucky ones that paid for an extension of my tourist visa prior to the 26th. They won't give me a stamp to the 30th Nov, unlike the embassy letters who will! Seems very unfair as we all paid the same fee.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Perhaps the announcement is at fault, and it makes little sense to implement according it

There is current thread just started. Fella had his annual extension (O-A). Expiring Oct 10. He attended imm on Oct 7 and was given extension to expire 31/10/21.

Should of been 10/10/21.

Think some mistakes being made.

2 minutes ago, 2530Ubon said:

I was one of the unlucky ones that paid for an extension of my tourist visa prior to the 26th. They won't give me a stamp to the 30th Nov, unlike the embassy letters who will! Seems very unfair as we all paid the same fee.

It is bad. But I can't believe they will be so cruel to send the tourists back into cold winter weather.

58 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

There is current thread just started. Fella had his annual extension (O-A). Expiring Oct 10. He attended imm on Oct 7 and was given extension to expire 31/10/21.

Should of been 10/10/21.

It was not a mistake. Some offices did the same thing under the previous immigration announcement that said September 26th and now under the rule that states all extension issued prior to October 31st will be dated to that day.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

It was not a mistake. Some offices did the same thing under the previous immigration announcement that said September 26th and now under the rule that states all extension issued prior to October 31st will be dated to that day.

So my current permission of stay (retirement) expires November 15.

I am attending CW Oct 14 

What dates will be placed in my passport?

I expect it to be till Nov 15/ 2021.

18 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

What dates will be placed in my passport?

I expect it to be till Nov 15/ 2021.

It will be November 15th 2021.

If your extension was ending this month it would start on the 31st.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Should of been 10/10/21.

Pretty sure there is a regulation stated somewhere that Extensions cannot be longer than 1 year.

• Haha 1

Just now, jacko45k said:

Pretty sure there is a regulation stated somewhere that Extensions cannot be longer than 1 year.

I was under that impression also. However the guy I was referring to received an extension of 12 months + 3 weeks. 

Don't know how the io did that as he was extending O-A retirement. Surely his insurance would expire Oct 10 next year. (See post# 22). Confused. I guess imm are saying that your covered till end of Oct under amnesty, so we give you annual extension till end Oct 2021. However how's that pan out will his annual insurance requirements.

26 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Immigration used the amnesty expiring date October 31 and extended it 1 year from that date. Several other Immigration offices did the same. 

Clearly they are trying to avoid everyone turning up on the 30/31 Oct by encouraging them to apply between now and then with an extension starting from 1 Nov giving an extra 3 weeks. Jomtien clearly do not understand let alone the applicants! When Jomtien extended my marriage visa on 4 Sept they made no allowance for any amnesty

Edited by chilly07
  • Like 1