History lessons will soon include more recent events, says Wissanu

webfact

History lessons will soon include more recent events, says Wissanu

By The Nation

800_5456437f2c2c527.png?v=1602054067

Wissanu Krea-ngam

The government wants to improve the content taught in history classes and bring the lessons up to date, Deputy Prime Minister Wissanu Krea-ngam said on Wednesday.

He said that at a meeting later in the day with the Education Ministry, he will explain why history lessons need to be revised.

“It is the Education Ministry’s job to improve the subject and content taught in class,” he said. “Many parents have asked me why schools do not teach about previous political rallies, because their children do not want to participate in ongoing events. So, I want to know whether the ministry has included events that have taken place in the past 70 to 80 years in history lessons.”

He added that the extra historical information may be offered in the form of a film, so children are aware of what happened in the recent past, adding that it is the students’ duty to find the truth.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30395772

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-10-07

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Grumpy one said:

Will the geography class have a map of the world or just Thailand.

Just asking as many think this is the centre of the known world

Even Thai people normaly know where is Finland. 70% US people don't know and if know something they think there only live polar bear's! 

But i think here they only teach history of Buddha. What you can expect if one lesson is Thai dance!

Edited by 2 is 1
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, webfact said:

it is the students’ duty to find the truth.

Surely it is the teachers job to teach the truth and or show them how and where to find it!.

The students can't find it if it is not made available to them!

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Flying Saucage said:

????

"Many" = first lie

"parents have asked me" = second lie. If at all, it were other members of his gang asking him

"why schools do not teach" = third lie. Must be "why schools do not indoctrinate more"

"previous political rallies" = fourth lie. It will not at all be about the political rallies and its objectives and ideals. It will be slandering of the participants of the protests, and it will be the usual babbling about the nation, the religion and so on.

"because their children do not want to participate in ongoing events = fifth lie. He tries to make believe that someone forces children to participate in the protests. In the opposite, it is his gang who forces people like governmental officials to participate in counter-protests.

Five lies is one sentence. He is really a competent member of this fake government.

They need to be able to get into the government

27 minutes ago, PatOngo said:

I thought "Thailand has never been colonized" was all the history they needed to be taught!

They say thats why they dont speak English and the Burmese burnt all their history books

Edited by ChipButty
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, lujanit said:

A few quotes from Lenin (now dead soviet revolutionary) could be applied here.

"give us a child for eight years and he will be a Bolshevik forever",

"trust is good but control is better",

"the best way to control the opposition is to control it ourselves".

Is this what this pseudo government is trying to achieve?

Applies to all religions too.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 2 is 1 said:

Even Thai people normaly know where is Finland. 70% US people don't know and if know something they think there only live polar bear's! 

But i think here they only teach history of Buddha. What you can expect if one lesson is Thai dance!

As opposed to dead polar bears?

3 hours ago, from the home of CC said:

I hope they highlight the infamy of the Shinawatras and the rest of the red shirts disgraceful acts and how even today they must be vigilant against these larcenous cancers so that they don't reemerge..  

And the yellow shirts , and what they stood for where else can a group of people shut down an airport .,Thai class society at its worse. 

They will probably never learn  about one of the Maine yellow shirts protesters ,her indoor,  at the top of the ladder. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Thai kids have shown they are more courageous than their parents.   School should just teach reading, writing and arithmetic.  History taught under the current government's tutelage will not help students navigate life.  It will probably just be propaganda anyway.   

• Like 1

17 hours ago, ChipButty said:

That has always surprised me History not being one of their strong points, or do they just brush it to one side as though it didnt happen?

Like the roll-over Japanese invasion in WW2 and the Chinese one now?