September was world's hottest on record, EU climate change service says

snoop1130

funny, whenever such a headline comes, I always had a few months of rainy and more cold than usual weather.

I remember on such occasion when my golf tournament in Switzerland was interrupted because of snow... the date: 1st May !!

Hey, a good  news story that was not about covid 19, or China, or Trump. At least we can all say that we had a nice September.  Climate change did not start over night, and

will be with us forever, so will pollution, over population, etc.

Geezer

10 hours ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

Hey, a good  news story that was not about covid 19, or China, or Trump. At least we can all say that we had a nice September.  Climate change did not start over night,  and will be with us forever, so will pollution, over population, etc.

Geezer

How is messing up the climate = to a 'nice September' ? People fail to understand that even if you are selfish and want a warmer climate in northern latitudes, you can't just turn off the heating when you get to the temp that you think is 'nice'. Instead it will continue to heat up at a geometric rate. This is without taking into account all the other undesirable affects of climate change such a mass extinctions and food supply.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, stevenl said:

Yes, why would you care, after all it is only the destruction of earth we're talking about, with effects that will affect everyone.

Yea why worry it's only been going  on for a few million years ,by the time it gets warmer and starts cooling down We will All be gone .   ????

20 hours ago, scammed said:

and so the propaganda continue to be parroted yet again,

maybe i have been too harsh on the pandemic paranoia,

its still a break from the usual climate gibberish

Physical evidence of climate change continues to grow but those in denial will always find an excuse for it.  Sad but true.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, tgw said:

funny, whenever such a headline comes, I always had a few months of rainy and more cold than usual weather.

I remember on such occasion when my golf tournament in Switzerland was interrupted because of snow... the date: 1st May !!

Oh well that's different then, the whole thing must be a hoax because your anecdotal claims totally disprove all the studies, science and facts. 

Whew...that's a relief eh...

You do understand the term climate change means change don't you?

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

Oh well that's different then, the whole thing must be a hoax because your anecdotal claims totally disprove all the studies, science and facts. 

Whew...that's a relief eh...

You do understand the term climate change means change don't you?

yes, but I'm not sure you understand "funny"

• Sad 1

All these science guys talking about weather changing. Ahh, what do they know, these things change all the time. We could have an ice age tomorrow, didn't you know?

Oh, it was 130 degrees in September this year? Oh, that has only ever happened in July, twice is all. Ahh, it is just a coincidence.

What about dem runnin out of names for dem damn storms this year? There were five or somethin at one time. My goodness. Coincidence? Yeah, of course. An ice berg could cut through my backyard tomorrow you know. These things happen, things change. The world changes, it moves in cycles, it's dat thing called nature. 

Oh, what about dem fires? We had some bad ones thing year. Could this mean them science folk with their readometers are correct? Naahhh! It is a coincidence I tell ya. 

On 10/7/2020 at 6:56 PM, Orton Rd said:

But NOT man made, climate has always been changing for millions of years> what is 3% of 0.04%? that is the human contribution of Co2 in the atmosphere

Utter rubbish.. CO2 levels have risen by 25% in the last 50 years. Where did that come from?  Burning fuels of course.

There are 2 carbon cycles, the geological one and the biological one. The geological one emits CO2 via volcanoes - but human emissions are 10-100 times higher. The biological cycle recycles much more - about 1000 times more than the geological cycle, But this still means that humans emit 1-10% as much as the biological cycle - this is probably what Orton rd refers too with his 3% - But that is 3% extra every year. Like interest on savings it accumulates. Some is taken up by carbon sinks, but not all. So every year, the CO2 levels go up slowly, by about 0.5-1%.

And now, we start seeing the effects.

• Like 2

For Tyga,    I live in Canada where we get Winter with snow, ice, cold temperatures below 0c and 0f as well, so yes I do enjoy a nice September, as when it gets to October the nights cool down to freezing, and even snow can start to fall.  You can go on about climate change, but please do not deny me of a nice September.  Thanks.

Geezer