Harris, Pence clash over Trump's virus response at U.S. VP debate

webfact

In some ways, being VP is a much crappier job than U.S. senator. When you're a senator you're free to be your own person, a real leader. As VP your primary function is to support your boss, the president, even when you don't really agree with her, and of course be ready to take over the job if the president becomes inconvenienced.

Most VPs have presidential ambitions. Pence does. Harris does. Obviously former VP Biden does.

There are exceptions such as George W. Bush's VP Dick Cheney. He obviously didn't want to be president but he was also granted massive power over foreign policy. 

I wonder how much power VP Harris will be granted by President Biden. 

Biden was sometimes ahead of Obama on policy issues. Most historically, marriage equality. 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Harris did prove once again how disliked she is, same as Hillary was and again put on display her persistent pathological lying and hypocrisy. Count the lies she made in 90 minutes. Y'all think trump is the only liar.

But then, she's sharing the ticket with a world class corrupt lying buffoon who will answer all your questions and tell you EVERYTHING after the election. What a rotting farcical gong show these two have devolved to. Amateur hour and the laughing stock of the world for all the non liberty lovers here that don't belong but carnival bark nonstop.

Edited by i84teen
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

IMO no winners, no losers. Harris was clearly rattled at times, but Pence would not shut up when his time was up.

He needs to sack his makeup person.

IMO the questions were pathetic. Would have been way better to have fewer, better questions and spend more time on answers. They just didn't have enough time to answer or respond. I watched it in hope of seeing the future president of the US, but IMO it was a waste of 90 minutes of my life, in the end.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, i84teen said:

Harris did prove once again how disliked she is, same as Hillary was and again put on display her persistent pathological lying and hypocrisy. Count the lies she made in 90 minutes. Y'all think trump is the only liar.

But then, she's sharing the ticket with a world class corrupt lying buffoon who will answer all your questions and tell you EVERYTHING after the election. What a rotting farcical gong show these two have devolved to. Amateur hour and the laughing stock of the world for all the non liberty lovers here that don't belong but carnival bark nonstop.

IMO she comes out of the same box as Hillary. I felt the same dislike when I saw her for the first time on stage with Pence as I did for Hillary in the 2016 contest. Can't the Dems come up with anyone with a sense of humour and some charisma?

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, J Town said:

The only reason I bother responding is cuz I'm bored.

Name the lies. I know you won't because you can't. 45 supporters are all bluster until you face them with facts.

:coffee1:

The george floyd "was tortured..." comment was a gargantuan embellishment and creation! What a dufus!

22 hours ago, ThreeEyedRaven said:

Freedom versus fear? More like stupidity versus common sense. 

It is stupidity that makes people cling to their "freedoms" even when doing so flies in the face of reason. Giving something up on a short term basis that saves lives should be obvious unless you absolutely don't care that you could be killing others, just to keep your petty non mask wearing freedom. Your argument has no merit whatsoever.

You can decide for yourself, when it is only you your decision is risking. Once your decisions become dangerous to others, it is absolutely right that the decision be taken away from you. It is the reason we take knives and lighters away from small children, who also don't know any better.

Well said! Thank you!????

Harris claimed that President Donald Trump called soldiers “suckers” and “losers.”

This is totally false, AND despicable. That claim by The Atlantic has never been corroborated and has been widely disputed.

Yet, why didn't Pence very plainly say that she was outright lying, ask her for her source, and note that anyone can make up anything and then anyone can repeat it, but it's meaningless without evidence. Fox News could have said Kamala is a serial kiIler with a preference for lesbian teenagers, and Pence could have repeated it, but how can you get away with that on a national debate, when your claim is based 100% on hearsay, when Kamala is a former prosecutor, and knows that such a claim would be prohibited in a court, as inadmissible, because it is baseless and there is no corroboration for it of any kind, and the party doing the slandering has an enormous motive to lie?

I, for one, am very, very disappointed that these lies were not refuted and dissected when we had the chance, and that the courtroom/deceptive-and-rule-breaking-prosecutor analogy was never made.

This woman is poison, she has no business in our gov't. She will say and do ANYTHING. She is pus from an oozing infection. Such a phony hypocrite who believed all allegations against her sexual deviant saint joe until she didn't, called him a racist but now he's her knight in shining armor ticket to the white house. Unbelievably poor excuse for a human being. Joe pulled a mega boner selecting this loser.

Edited by i84teen
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, J Town said:

Apparently you didn't see the video. Next?

Didn't see no torture except the application of police approved restraint of an out of control felonious junkie.

Read the toxicology reports that corrupt hennepin prosecutors sat on for 3 months showing 3 times the lethal OD dose of fentanyl in floyds blood samples. George Floyd killed George Floyd, now all accused have bonded out and filed for dismissals.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

IMO no winners, no losers. Harris was clearly rattled at times, but Pence would not shut up when his time was up.

He needs to sack his makeup person.

IMO the questions were pathetic. Would have been way better to have fewer, better questions and spend more time on answers. They just didn't have enough time to answer or respond. I watched it in hope of seeing the future president of the US, but IMO it was a waste of 90 minutes of my life, in the end.

What better questions would you have asked? As in what topics you think weren't covered that ought to have been? (and bearing in mind this is the VP debate).

4 minutes ago, stevenl said:

The first one is not correct. He did not shut down all travel from China and Democrats did not call him a racist because of China travel restrictions.

A start like that put me off if reading the rest.

hahahaha, shows exactly how pathetiic dems are, cant handle the truth,the dems all attacked him for shutting down air travel from china, it was in all the news at the time but then I guess the dem voters prefer to ignore the truth because it upsets them too much. Biden criticized Trump for his xenophobic response to the coronavirus crisis after he shut it down but lets not let the truth get in the way of a good dem dummy spit

11 minutes ago, seajae said:

hahahaha, shows exactly how pathetiic dems are, cant handle the truth,the dems all attacked him for shutting down air travel from china, it was in all the news at the time but then I guess the dem voters prefer to ignore the truth because it upsets them too much. Biden criticized Trump for his xenophobic response to the coronavirus crisis after he shut it down but lets not let the truth get in the way of a good dem dummy spit

Looking forward to proof of those statements. Posts referring to a travel ban on mainly muslim countries, implemented at about the same time, doesn't count.

Edited by stevenl
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Looking forward to proof of those statements. Posts referring to a travel ban on mainly muslim countries, implemented at about the same time, doesn't count.

mate, try using google unless you are afraid of being proved wrong, seems only the dems are the ones that are unaware of the truth, his closing down of china flights etc has been fact checked previously and shown to be correct but you can go look for it yourself 

Edited by seajae

8 minutes ago, seajae said:

mate, try using google unless you are afraid of being proved wrong, seems only the dems are the ones that are unaware of the truth, his closing down of china flights etc has been fact checked previously and shown to be correct but you can go look for it yourself 

Make statements, proof them. This one you can not because it is not true.

But I've done the work for you, .https://www.factcheck.org/2020/03/the-facts-on-trumps-travel-restrictions/ See 'democratic criticism', saying 'hardly any' and the conclusion it was far from a travel ban.

Edited by stevenl
  • Like 1

here you go, this took all of a couple of minutes seeing you were in a panic of seeing the truth for yourself, using the democrats personal fact checker site doesnt help you at all, exceptions were US citizens etc returning home/repatriation flights

Within hours of President Trump's decision to restrict travel from China on Jan. 31, top Democrats and media figures immediately derided the move as unnecessary and xenophobic 

RACISM, RATHER THAN FACTS, DROVE U.S. CORONAVIRUS TRAVEL BANS

Biden tweeted: “We are in the midst of a crisis with the coronavirus. We need to lead the way with science — not Donald Trump’s record of hysteria, xenophobia, and fear-mongering

Trump sinks to racist panic as China mobilizes against disease

Edited by seajae

4 minutes ago, seajae said:

here you go, this took all of a couple of minutes seeing you were in a panic of seeing the truth for yourself, using the democrats personal fact checker site doesnt help you at all

Within hours of President Trump's decision to restrict travel from China on Jan. 31, top Democrats and media figures immediately derided the move as unnecessary and xenophobic 

RACISM, RATHER THAN FACTS, DROVE U.S. CORONAVIRUS TRAVEL BANS

Biden tweeted: “We are in the midst of a crisis with the coronavirus. We need to lead the way with science — not Donald Trump’s record of hysteria, xenophobia, and fear-mongering

Trump sinks to racist panic as China mobilizes against disease

See the link I gave you for a fact check.

• Trump has referred to the travel restrictions as a “travel ban.” There isn’t an outright ban, as there are exceptions, including for Americans and their family members.
  • So you think repatriation flights should not be happening, I am sure all those waiting to come back to Thailand disagree with you, talk about being totally pathetic, lets use innuendo and lies top prove dems are good, hahahahahahahaha

4 minutes ago, seajae said:
  • Trump has referred to the travel restrictions as a “travel ban.” There isn’t an outright ban, as there are exceptions, including for Americans and their family members.
  • So you think repatriation flights should not be happening, I am sure all those waiting to come back to Thailand disagree with you, talk about being totally pathetic, lets use innuendo and lies top prove dems are good, hahahahahahahaha

So it was a lie. There was no total travel ban on china. 44,000 people still flew in from china.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, seajae said:

Glad to hear you admit your meme 'closes all travel' is not true. Now read the fact check for Democratic reactions and you're there.

My opinion on US travel bans is really not material, let alone on Thailand travel bans.

Are you as a Trump supporter sure you want to go down the 'democrats lies' route?

• Like 1

Harris started the VP debate, with a rehearsed but very effective answer about the Trump administration’s failures to handle the coronavirus outbreak the way she and Biden would, BUT when pressed for details on what she’d do differently, she began to struggle and never quite regained a strong footing stepping all over her dangling tongue from that point forward and made a fool of herself AGAIN, much like the her laughable primary debacle.

After getting annihilated on virtually every other point, happy Harris walked away as the clear-cut winner in the category of “unlikeable.” in which she scored a perfect ten.

What a donkey! Pense ripped her a new hoop and wiped that evil grin off her ugly smug mug in a magnificently executed evisceration of poor pathetic Kamala.

I had to laugh again about the fracking lies, especially knowing AOC is wetting her knickers over this delightful green deal Dem hypocrisy cock-up.

Not sure who is more embarrassing to the left: her or Pelosi, lol with this flash of brilliance-- "25th application" "tomorrow". This is left wing insanity/lunacy at it's finest. Nothing to worry about, with the massive lead in the fake polls, why all this desperation Nancy?

Quite fun watching the VP debate and EVERYTHING democratic as of late as was watching the bears win over Buccs.

Edited by i84teen
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Sujo said:

So you only cite one thing and claim it is a lie by lying about it.

The claim was verified by multiple sources. Fox news then used their own seperate sources and corroborated it.

This of course is hilarious - when even the saintly Fox News confirms it, then they're just more lamestream media. Quick! Change the channel to OAN or Breitbart! I'm getting desperate to find someone - ANYONE! - to support my obvious lie.

• Like 1