Thonglor Apartment Recommendations?

thaipro

I'm thinking about moving from Pattaya to BKK very soon and just wanted to know if anyone can recommend a nice upmarket apartment in the Thonglor area, something with a bit of class, must be a one bedroom suite with all the mod cons. I don't want any dark and dinjy rat holes! So please don't recommend anything ridiculously cheap because I believe that 'you get what you pay for'

Thanks in advance for all of your recommendations.

I don't want any dark and dinjy rat holes!

I though you might have gotten used to that in Pattaya :o

No way! the place where I stay is very nice indeed.

Just to give you an idea, when I come to bkk I stay in hotels such as the Peninsula, Oriental, Emporium suites and Sheraton Grande.

if price is of no concern, then, you should be able to just look up, and pick out a highrise that you might consider living in. there are only so many highrises in thonglor.

Price is not a major concern however I don't want to be paying something similar to what I would pay to mortgage a decent house in the UK for a 65-70sqm suite in Thailand because I have seen some serviced apartments for £1k++

When you are living here over a long period of time rentals such as the above can get ridiculous!

A few good recommendations so far guys, keep them coming.

I don't want to live in an old building where the rooms have that gloomy dark wood floor and ancient furniture along with an analogue tv so please make modern recommendations.

The Hampton and The height are 2 top end places to view....

The Hampton is nice, but not conviently located for easy access to much of anything. The Height is much better located and new, but shoddily built and empty. The Icon III, much larger and just behind the Height, has been the class of Thonglor for eight or nine years and remains so. All the units are privately owned, but a great many are rented out, mostly to Japanese. Check with the reception desk in the lobby and someone can probably tell you whether anything is available right now.

Edited by JacksonGlurk

The Baan Chan on Thong Lor 23 had some very nice studios and 1 bedroom places.

this is nice, but its infact ThongLor Soi 20 (rather than 23)

not exactly walking distance from BTS though......

guys , i think what he is saying is price is of concern. cheaper recommendations please.......lol.

I never once mentioned that price was a concern. If you have any recommendations then please share.

if price is of no concern, then, you should be able to just look up, and pick out a highrise that you might consider living in. there are only so many highrises in thonglor.

Price is not a major concern however I don't want to be paying something similar to what I would pay to mortgage a decent house in the UK for a 65-70sqm suite in Thailand because I have seen some serviced apartments for £1k++

When you are living here over a long period of time rentals such as the above can get ridiculous!

okie dokie!