Bali retirement vs TH retirement during covid--Amazing difference

steelepulse

Just now, steelepulse said:

Why hang in Singapore waiting, when you can go to Bali and wait?

Sure- I was more making the point if he is settling down long term for retirement, it may be better to wait a bit rather than start putting down roots and then want to move again.

If he wants to pay 4K to wait it out in Bali and get retirement visas there, thats good for him.

4 minutes ago, lensta said:

Just ignore him, he's just a brainless troll. Look at his posts and avitar

excuse me. I asked why do Indonesians burn flags if they are so welcoming and friendly.

They don't even go that far here in Thailand and they don't want foreigners either.

also,  learn to spell correctly. 

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, steelepulse said:

I posted in another thread about how for $500 you can get a business visa for 60 days, and with 4 monthly extensions, stay for up to 6 months.

In this forum you get people going wild that they have to send in a notification every 90 days... no cost

• Confused 1

29 minutes ago, Boomer6969 said:

Thanks.

I dare to add that the burning flags are symbols of rejected (former?) imperialistic policies of these countries and not the rejection of their people.

And frankly, could we blame them, let's get back to our history books; Indonesia is one of the countries who suffered most from colonialism.

possibly,  but not forgetting Australia gives AUD$300mil in aid to Indonesia ....  

however, that may change ...

Officials in Jakarta plan to set aside $1 billion for the new Indonesian Agency for International Development by 2021, and distribute $60 million on foreign aid annually under the program.

Indonesia is Australia’s second largest aid recipient, receiving almost $300 million a year in aid in the 2019-2020 budget.

Tom Elliott called for Australia to end foreign aid to the neighbouring country immediately because of the aid program.

“Why on earth are we giving Australian taxpayers money to Indonesia, only for Indonesia to turn around and say ‘look, we actually don’t need that. We’re going to give it to other countries instead’?,’ the 3AW Drive host said.

“It is just ridiculous.

“We should cancel all aid to Indonesia immediately.

• Like 2

I think the majority of Indonesians or Balinese people are good and welcoming ..... it's the same as Thailand where you have pockets of extremists or regions where they dislike foreigners. Look at the island around Thailand, they rely heavily on tourists yet they despise them.  Is it that they consider the farang as an invader of there homeland and their privacy, and also they are resentful that farang has money and they are poor and the expat can afford to travel and take their photos like they are on show.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/9/2020 at 7:58 AM, tonray said:

You make the mistake of associating the vast majority of the population with a handful of radical elements. Just as we shouldn't judge the UK by the covidiots protesting in the streets of London against wearing masks, or the USA due to Trumpsters planning a race war or kidnapping a Governor.

I don't think it's a handful .   just saying.

• Sad 1

Bali is virtually closed down No tourists and increasing number of infections .I would not want to go there .When i lived there it was booming but really unsafe.The Javanese come there to steal from the rich .Tell your friend to look at medical services too .Good luck  .

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, steven100 said:

possibly,  but not forgetting Australia gives AUD$300mil in aid to Indonesia ....  

however, that may change ...

Officials in Jakarta plan to set aside $1 billion for the new Indonesian Agency for International Development by 2021, and distribute $60 million on foreign aid annually under the program.

Indonesia is Australia’s second largest aid recipient, receiving almost $300 million a year in aid in the 2019-2020 budget.

Tom Elliott called for Australia to end foreign aid to the neighbouring country immediately because of the aid program.

“Why on earth are we giving Australian taxpayers money to Indonesia, only for Indonesia to turn around and say ‘look, we actually don’t need that. We’re going to give it to other countries instead’?,’ the 3AW Drive host said.

“It is just ridiculous.

“We should cancel all aid to Indonesia immediately.

I think it's because what does the Australian government shut down in exchange for its help?
Speaking of Australia which has decided to close in and out of its borders for the whole of 2021,  return to its history of prison country

Edited by ICELANDMAN